Top Questions See all 28 Q&A
1. The TV has like 30 channels, and none of the good ones like history, food, travel, trutv, or hgtv.
2. Needs updated A/C units: they’re old and loud, and in the room we stayed in, it was a foot away from the bed, so we got stuffy really fast with the heat on.
3. The window’s curtains are moldy and gross. I don’t even want to touch them to open or close them. Underneath the window, the carpet is coming undone and there’s dirt, spiderwebs, etc all over.
4. There’s only outlets on one side of the bed.
5. The shower, though pretty, takes forever to warm up and makes weird noises/seems like it’s having a hard time. The bathroom sink is the same way.
6. The floor in the bathroom is ice cold.
7. The toilet is odd, also seems like it has a hard time, and you have to hold down the handle the whole time otherwise it just stops flushing.
8. The bathroom sink leaks into the trash can underneath it.
9. The mini fridge doesn’t really get cold, which is not good for leftovers.
10. There’s no microwave.
11. The bed is hard.
12. Our card keys only work half the time.
13. Only one elevator is working, and at one point, the other one stopped working too.
14. Breakfast was supremely lacking, with the eggs obviously being of the powdered variety, and the pancakes obviously coming from the freezer section.
15. I paid for the room months ago, yet my card has a $120 hold on it for some reason, when we were told it was only going to be $30, then it would disappear. My card is now being declined at places for not having any money on it. When I asked about it, they gave me a vague answer about it being because I paid with a debit card(again, months ago) so it would be more, which makes no sense to me.
16. Signs in the hotel are misleading; the pool direction points up, which makes me think upstairs, but it’s outside. In Tennessee. Where it’s regularly cold. So it’s closed right now. Ugh.
17. Ice is only on the first level.
18. I got a tiny lava cake (for $6.01???) and was disappointed by it: it was dry, cold in the middle, and tasted like flour.
19. We were trying to leave super early to get a head start on our 10 hour drive home, and our key cards stopped working, which was super inconvenient because one person had to stay in the room at a time while the other person brought stuff down to the car.
For the price I paid for this hotel, I expected a whole lot more. The last hotel I stayed at, I payed almost a hundred dollars less and was completely pleased with my stay. Basically, don’t waste your money; I’m sure there’s much better hotels for the same price(or less) nearby.
First they put a huge deposit on your card pqrking fee is outrageous the staff dont know what they are doing thank god my bank got my deposit back quickly after checkout.
One time we stayed there and there was a glass cup that was sitting up top on the mantel it fell and it broke their sink bowel.
My husband got cut and instead of an apolpgy btw hotels have insurance they had bodyguards come to our room make us pay 300$ in CASH and detained us or we couldnt leave it was awful the staff was rude and than guess what we saw them pocket the money. Never ever again stay away hilton is way better than this hotel even motel 6 treats there quests better Hyatt Hotel
The room itself was clearly recently redone and the bathroom was beautiful. The beds and sheets and extra room furniture were all 👌🏼
Overall Hyatt Regency did very well and I would recommend this to others for a stay in Sarasota. Hyatt Hotel
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos