BY HYATT HOTELS #4 in Hotels

• Never heard of this hotel. Where are they located?3 Answers
  • Recommendations on best Hyatts you've stayed?6 Answers
Izabella M.
Deland, FL
I came here for the second leg of my honeymoon, and was more than a little underwhelmed.
1. The TV has like 30 channels, and none of the good ones like history, food, travel, trutv, or hgtv.
2. Needs updated A/C units: they’re old and loud, and in the room we stayed in, it was a foot away from the bed, so we got stuffy really fast with the heat on.
3. The window’s curtains are moldy and gross. I don’t even want to touch them to open or close them. Underneath the window, the carpet is coming undone and there’s dirt, spiderwebs, etc all over.
4. There’s only outlets on one side of the bed.
5. The shower, though pretty, takes forever to warm up and makes weird noises/seems like it’s having a hard time. The bathroom sink is the same way.
6. The floor in the bathroom is ice cold.
7. The toilet is odd, also seems like it has a hard time, and you have to hold down the handle the whole time otherwise it just stops flushing.
8. The bathroom sink leaks into the trash can underneath it.
9. The mini fridge doesn’t really get cold, which is not good for leftovers.
10. There’s no microwave.
11. The bed is hard.
12. Our card keys only work half the time.
13. Only one elevator is working, and at one point, the other one stopped working too.
14. Breakfast was supremely lacking, with the eggs obviously being of the powdered variety, and the pancakes obviously coming from the freezer section.
15. I paid for the room months ago, yet my card has a $120 hold on it for some reason, when we were told it was only going to be $30, then it would disappear. My card is now being declined at places for not having any money on it. When I asked about it, they gave me a vague answer about it being because I paid with a debit card(again, months ago) so it would be more, which makes no sense to me.
16. Signs in the hotel are misleading; the pool direction points up, which makes me think upstairs, but it’s outside. In Tennessee. Where it’s regularly cold. So it’s closed right now. Ugh.
17. Ice is only on the first level.
18. I got a tiny lava cake (for $6.01???) and was disappointed by it: it was dry, cold in the middle, and tasted like flour.
19. We were trying to leave super early to get a head start on our 10 hour drive home, and our key cards stopped working, which was super inconvenient because one person had to stay in the room at a time while the other person brought stuff down to the car.

For the price I paid for this hotel, I expected a whole lot more. The last hotel I stayed at, I payed almost a hundred dollars less and was completely pleased with my stay. Basically, don’t waste your money; I’m sure there’s much better hotels for the same price(or less) nearby.
Brittany B.
Ravenna, OH
We stayed in a Hyatt in VA, the hotel was clean, for the most part. I had to clean the bathtub in our room due to hair and what appeared to be blood in the tub. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and the pillows were flat and awful. We had an individual thermostat that wouldn't adjust. It was 80 degrees in our room and we couldn't turn the air on. The parking lot was small, and you could only access the hotel through the main entrance so when you have to park on the side of the hotel in the back, you have to walk all the way around to get into the hotel. They also had multiple events at the time that we weren't informed of and there ther as NO WHERE to park. They told us we needed to put a card on file for the instance of damages but that we wouldn't be charged, she then swiped our card and charged us $50.00 which would be returned after checkout. It took 3 days for the money to be put back in the account. Very unhappy with such an "upstanding" hotel. It was a horrible nights stay.
Tina F.
san diego
Whenever I travel to Chicago I always stay at the Hyatt regency in downtown. I look forward to the breakfast service the hotel offers and the dinner menu items are always delicious. If you don’t have time to sit down for breakfast or lunch, there’s the marketplace which has a decent selection of things to grab and go and a Starbucks too. The staff is really friendly and always take care of your needs. Not to mention, the views are fantastic!!!! Best of all the Hyatt Regency Chicago is walking distance to Millennium Park, Art Institute of Chicago, fabulous lunch and dinner restaurants, and city tours! I love visiting Chicago and staying at the Hyatt regency!
Patrycia K.
Ballwin, MO
The worst by far hotel i have ever stayed at this happened twice.
First they put a huge deposit on your card pqrking fee is outrageous the staff dont know what they are doing thank god my bank got my deposit back quickly after checkout.
One time we stayed there and there was a glass cup that was sitting up top on the mantel it fell and it broke their sink bowel.
My husband got cut and instead of an apolpgy btw hotels have insurance they had bodyguards come to our room make us pay 300$ in CASH and detained us or we couldnt leave it was awful the staff was rude and than guess what we saw them pocket the money. Never ever again stay away hilton is way better than this hotel even motel 6 treats there quests better Hyatt Hotel
Dinah B.
Windsor
I must say I have stayed at some nice Hyatts. My favorite is the Hyatt Tamaya in New Mexico.  Oh my.  My husband just mentioned our stay from a few years back this week.  The flute music played in the common areas is mesmerizing.  I first stayed at that resort while attending a conference.  My friend/colleague and I took our husbands back a few months later, then the following year my husband and I took another couple and returned.  The spa...oh the spa.  I had the best facial I have ever had there.  My husband took one look at my face when I returned to the room and asked if I could buy some of that "stuff"!!  The rooms and food are excellent and the scent in the room is so relaxing.  I am ready to go back!!!!  I have also stayed at a Hyatt in the Texas Hill Country which was wonderful as well.  I have also had several stays at the Hyatt in downtown Lexington.  Two pics of the Tamaya and one of the Hill Country's barn attached.
Emily H.
Lakeland, FL
Just had a stay at the Hyatt Regency in Sarasota, FL. I was very happy with everything that weekend from the arrival to departure. Checked in with no problem and very quickly, the staff were very nice and polite. All young adults who seemed happy to be helping you and were genuinely enjoying their days as well. It makes all the difference to have interactions with 10 staff members during a stay and EVERY single one were a complete delight. The entire building was on such a beautiful location in Sarasota with an amazing view. Their use of land was perfect and they had activities that were fitting to the area in FL with options of stand up paddle boarding, their pool and hot tubs were beautiful and very nicely organized. The lobby and bottom floors all opened up in a very cool way that made everything feel very open and made use of the space to become much more elegant than if they’d done it in another way. You had open views of the water and open views to the floors above and below you from a center cut out of the floors that was very nice.

The room itself was clearly recently redone and the bathroom was beautiful. The beds and sheets and extra room furniture were all 👌🏼

Overall Hyatt Regency did very well and I would recommend this to others for a stay in Sarasota. Hyatt Hotel
Justiney R.
Oxford, MS
I have had wonderful experiences with Hyatt hotels. My favorites being the Grand Hyatt in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and the Park Hyatt in Chicago, IL and Shanghai, China. The Grand Hyatt had such a spacious room and a walk in closet. The bathroom was so well appointed. I was extremely impressed with the size of the gym and how well equipped it was. Plenty of cardio machines, weights, free weights and even a squat rack. The rooftop pool was also so gorgeous with lots of daybeds to lounge on. As for the Park Hyatt, rooms were also spacious and staff was very attentive. Beautifully designed hotel and excellent breakfast. Park Hyatt Shanghai is incredible. A must see even if you don't stay. Have breakfast there for some of the most incredible views of the city. Stunning.  (Pictures are from KL Grand Hyatt)
Adele L.
yuma, AZ
Yes, when you hear the word Hyatt you think Bankruptcy. But what are you paying for? I thought the same things until I started splurging and staying at their locations. So again, what are you paying for? You are paying for beds that suck you into dreamland. A Beautiful room that is cleaned to perfection. A staff that always has a smile on their face and is willing to go above and beyond to help you with any needs you may need. Don't worry about the price, enjoy a night you will never regret at your nearest Hyatt.
Amber R.
We booked the Hyatt right in the center of Atlanta Georgia. It was beautiful! All the employees were amazing and friendly every single time they saw us. This hotel is more of a business resort which I didn't realize when booking but with that being said they were still great with our little family staying there. They had an indoor pool, the best were super comfy, and the all over design was very classy. This place is a little on the pricey side but all in all we had a great experience there!
Valerie Ann O.
Dallas, TX
We had to have some work done at home an I didn’t want to stay at home with all the noise so I decided to get a room for the night. My son had so much fun he enjoyed the king size bed he got all to himself. He loved playing in the pool then coming upstairs an ordering room service. He showered an came out to his food already waiting for him so he flicked the by on an found a movie for us to watch. He loved it and I’ve gotta say the experience was expensive but worth it.
Jessica H.
Urbandale, IA
Recommendations on best Hyatts you've stayed?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
What is this price of a room?
Jessica V.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Never heard of this hotel. Where are they located?
Jess N.
Lake Charles, LA
How is this hotel with children or the disabled such as in a wheelchair like myself?
Karen L.
New York
Which is your favorite Hyatt location?