BY HYATT HOTELS #3 in Hotels

• Anyone been to The Grand Hyatt Lijiang? I'm planning a tr...3 Answers
  • Never heard of this hotel. Where are they located?3 Answers
Izabella M.
Osteen, FL
I came here for the second leg of my honeymoon, and was more than a little underwhelmed.
1. The TV has like 30 channels, and none of the good ones like history, food, travel, trutv, or hgtv.
2. Needs updated A/C units: they’re old and loud, and in the room we stayed in, it was a foot away from the bed, so we got stuffy really fast with the heat on.
3. The window’s curtains are moldy and gross. I don’t even want to touch them to open or close them. Underneath the window, the carpet is coming undone and there’s dirt, spiderwebs, etc all over.
4. There’s only outlets on one side of the bed.
5. The shower, though pretty, takes forever to warm up and makes weird noises/seems like it’s having a hard time. The bathroom sink is the same way.
6. The floor in the bathroom is ice cold.
7. The toilet is odd, also seems like it has a hard time, and you have to hold down the handle the whole time otherwise it just stops flushing.
8. The bathroom sink leaks into the trash can underneath it.
9. The mini fridge doesn’t really get cold, which is not good for leftovers.
10. There’s no microwave.
11. The bed is hard.
12. Our card keys only work half the time.
13. Only one elevator is working, and at one point, the other one stopped working too.
14. Breakfast was supremely lacking, with the eggs obviously being of the powdered variety, and the pancakes obviously coming from the freezer section.
15. I paid for the room months ago, yet my card has a $120 hold on it for some reason, when we were told it was only going to be $30, then it would disappear. My card is now being declined at places for not having any money on it. When I asked about it, they gave me a vague answer about it being because I paid with a debit card(again, months ago) so it would be more, which makes no sense to me.
16. Signs in the hotel are misleading; the pool direction points up, which makes me think upstairs, but it’s outside. In Tennessee. Where it’s regularly cold. So it’s closed right now. Ugh.
17. Ice is only on the first level.
18. I got a tiny lava cake (for $6.01???) and was disappointed by it: it was dry, cold in the middle, and tasted like flour.
19. We were trying to leave super early to get a head start on our 10 hour drive home, and our key cards stopped working, which was super inconvenient because one person had to stay in the room at a time while the other person brought stuff down to the car.

For the price I paid for this hotel, I expected a whole lot more. The last hotel I stayed at, I payed almost a hundred dollars less and was completely pleased with my stay. Basically, don’t waste your money; I’m sure there’s much better hotels for the same price(or less) nearby.
Ashley S.
Coral Springs, FL
I stayed at the Hyatt Place in downtown Asheville, NC. One night August 7, 2018.
Location: At first sight it looks a little sketchy being next to a Salvation Army, but after walking the short distance to downtown it was much better not being right in the downtown area. There are a lot of homeless people on all of the benches so it was nice knowing they were not right outside of the hotel. And the walk to downtown is so short that we didn’t feel that we needed to drive.
Room: We booked a room for 4 and it was clearly enough for 6 so that was nice! Very spacious and modern. The bed was comfortable and if the pillows weren’t $150 on Amazon I would buy them in a heartbeat. One disappointment was that the shower tiles weren’t clean, they were molding and need a deep clean or maybe even replacement. For one night it wasn’t a big deal, but I can see this bothering people in an extended stay. However the shower pressure was great! There were enough outlets to charge our cameras and phones overnight so that was great.
Staff: Here is where I felt I needed to knock a star. We pulled up to unload and the valet offered us their service and we declined (since we already payed for parking and didn’t feel the need to add to that). The valet looked at a clipboard and said, “Hm it looks like we only have 1 spot left.” It seemed like he was trying to scare us into avoiding the daunting task of driving through the parking lot looking for one spot. My Dad still declined. There were tons of parking spots. Then, we asked the front desk hostess for advice on downtown since we were there on a Tuesday. She gave us a handy tourist map and said the downtown was always alive and running until 3am and we shouldn’t have any problem finding a place. We walked around for an hour and a half getting declined as kitchens were closing at 9:30pm. We walked down all the recommended streets and the few places that were open wouldn’t serve us as my sister was 20. We ended up stopping to google “late night eats” and found an amazing place on our own (Sovereign Remedies). It would’ve saved us so much time if the hostess hadn’t set us up with incorrect expectations.
Free Breakfast: Not the best scrambled eggs I’ve ever had (tasted like powder eggs) but their bananas foster was delicious! For a free breakfast I was very impressed. They have a rotating menu on their tables so if you’re staying multiple days you can see the kind of breakfast you’ll have. We had the Italian Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bruschetta tomatoes, roasted potatoes, sausage and the build your own bananas foster yogurt bowl. Their coffee is Seattle’s Best which I think is decent and they had a wide tea selection which was a surprise (Zen tea by Tazo is my favorite!)
So all in all, a good resort experience as long as you don’t rely on the staff too much.
Brittany B.
Peninsula, OH
We stayed in a Hyatt in VA, the hotel was clean, for the most part. I had to clean the bathtub in our room due to hair and what appeared to be blood in the tub. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and the pillows were flat and awful. We had an individual thermostat that wouldn't adjust. It was 80 degrees in our room and we couldn't turn the air on. The parking lot was small, and you could only access the hotel through the main entrance so when you have to park on the side of the hotel in the back, you have to walk all the way around to get into the hotel. They also had multiple events at the time that we weren't informed of and there ther as NO WHERE to park. They told us we needed to put a card on file for the instance of damages but that we wouldn't be charged, she then swiped our card and charged us $50.00 which would be returned after checkout. It took 3 days for the money to be put back in the account. Very unhappy with such an "upstanding" hotel. It was a horrible nights stay.
Monica S.
Las Vegas, NV
Worst, worst experience ever!! This was a partner hotel we used during our Legoland trip, which when I looked later, didn't save us any money. However it was the grossest stay ever, we got to our room which smelled like wet dog and aerosol to mask the wet pet smell. The hotel and all nearby hotels were booked up, so no chance of moving rooms. The moisture in our room stayed like a hot, wet blanket, there is no fan in the bathroom to let it get pulled up and out...there was a Continental buffet which was packed, it ran out of food, plates, silverware and there was zero places to sit and eat after waiting in line for up to a half an hour. People were all over the front of the hotel trying to sit on or anywhere. It was awful. It is hard to just try and eat with kids but harder when there is random food, and plates and nothing near by open to feed anyone. Day two was worse, I woke up to use the bathroom and be the first to get ready. I saw ants in the tub and on the floor. Then I went out into the room and they were crawling up the walls and across all the counters, they were coming from everywhere. So, we were jilted out of bed very early and very tired. Everyone had to get out, we had to pack up-and since there were no rooms available everything went into a closet by the office. I talked to the maintenance man, who while very nice, explained that another guest had left a cake out in the room and that it was below ours and brought the ants....So I guess room service in this hotel would be bad too? The place was poorly maintained because he said he wasn't allowed to use chemicals and they don't spray on a regular basis??? So, we sat very early with no where to go, because nothing was open to eat or do anything. Nothing was done to make us feel better or accommodate us. We were tired and miserable, and they said at the front desk, it happens all the time...except usually they have rooms available. It sucked. We left early for Legoland expecting to get food at least, but nothing opens food wise early. So breakfast was snacks we had in my purse until 11 am when food stands opened. It made for a miserable morning. I will never stay at Hyatt and I don't ever want to do a partner hotel with Legoland, it was awful.
Patrycia K.
Ballwin, MO
The worst by far hotel i have ever stayed at this happened twice.
First they put a huge deposit on your card pqrking fee is outrageous the staff dont know what they are doing thank god my bank got my deposit back quickly after checkout.
One time we stayed there and there was a glass cup that was sitting up top on the mantel it fell and it broke their sink bowel.
My husband got cut and instead of an apolpgy btw hotels have insurance they had bodyguards come to our room make us pay 300$ in CASH and detained us or we couldnt leave it was awful the staff was rude and than guess what we saw them pocket the money. Never ever again stay away hilton is way better than this hotel even motel 6 treats there quests better Hyatt Hotel
Dinah B.
Windsor
I must say I have stayed at some nice Hyatts. My favorite is the Hyatt Tamaya in New Mexico.  Oh my.  My husband just mentioned our stay from a few years back this week.  The flute music played in the common areas is mesmerizing.  I first stayed at that resort while attending a conference.  My friend/colleague and I took our husbands back a few months later, then the following year my husband and I took another couple and returned.  The spa...oh the spa.  I had the best facial I have ever had there.  My husband took one look at my face when I returned to the room and asked if I could buy some of that "stuff"!!  The rooms and food are excellent and the scent in the room is so relaxing.  I am ready to go back!!!!  I have also stayed at a Hyatt in the Texas Hill Country which was wonderful as well.  I have also had several stays at the Hyatt in downtown Lexington.  Two pics of the Tamaya and one of the Hill Country's barn attached.
Emily H.
Lakeland, FL
Just had a stay at the Hyatt Regency in Sarasota, FL. I was very happy with everything that weekend from the arrival to departure. Checked in with no problem and very quickly, the staff were very nice and polite. All young adults who seemed happy to be helping you and were genuinely enjoying their days as well. It makes all the difference to have interactions with 10 staff members during a stay and EVERY single one were a complete delight. The entire building was on such a beautiful location in Sarasota with an amazing view. Their use of land was perfect and they had activities that were fitting to the area in FL with options of stand up paddle boarding, their pool and hot tubs were beautiful and very nicely organized. The lobby and bottom floors all opened up in a very cool way that made everything feel very open and made use of the space to become much more elegant than if they’d done it in another way. You had open views of the water and open views to the floors above and below you from a center cut out of the floors that was very nice.

The room itself was clearly recently redone and the bathroom was beautiful. The beds and sheets and extra room furniture were all 👌🏼

Overall Hyatt Regency did very well and I would recommend this to others for a stay in Sarasota. Hyatt Hotel
Margaret S.
grovetown, GA
Stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days. Loved the service, the only down fall was no free breakfast. The Buffet was delicious. Especially the desserts.
Sad to leave. The beds were so soft and comfortable. I had a reservation for a regular room, but asked for a room in the executive wing and got a free upgrade for the conference I was there for.
The shoppette downstairs was a bit pricey for my liking, but they definitely did have some good snacks.
I am very happy with everything. And it is also connected to the conference center and it was so nice not to have to walk outside to go where I needed. Lol
The price per night is 218 including tax but it was worth it. :)
Justiney R.
Oxford, MS
I have had wonderful experiences with Hyatt hotels. My favorites being the Grand Hyatt in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and the Park Hyatt in Chicago, IL and Shanghai, China. The Grand Hyatt had such a spacious room and a walk in closet. The bathroom was so well appointed. I was extremely impressed with the size of the gym and how well equipped it was. Plenty of cardio machines, weights, free weights and even a squat rack. The rooftop pool was also so gorgeous with lots of daybeds to lounge on. As for the Park Hyatt, rooms were also spacious and staff was very attentive. Beautifully designed hotel and excellent breakfast. Park Hyatt Shanghai is incredible. A must see even if you don't stay. Have breakfast there for some of the most incredible views of the city. Stunning.  (Pictures are from KL Grand Hyatt)
jazmin v.
To be honest I had a really bad experience with Hyatt. I had booked my vacation 4 months prior to summer break. Once I got the the hotel the cusotomer service lady said that my room was already booked by someone else. I then had to show her my confirmation number and she said it was an error done by the system. Really unproffessional lady and she never apologize or talked to her manager. It was a 10 hour flight which I was really exhausted and wanted to rest. I talked to the manager and she send us to another hotel and didnt apologize as well.
Jessica H.
Urbandale, IA
Recommendations on best Hyatts you've stayed?
Jessica V.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Never heard of this hotel. Where are they located?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
What is this price of a room?
Karen L.
New York
Anyone been to The Grand Hyatt Lijiang? I'm planning a trip for this fall and would love to hear some stories
Daphne W.
Hyatt Hotel in Orlando, Fl - just took in over 900 Furbabies & owners to protect them and ride out Irma!!! Make sure to leave reviews for them (Hyatt-Regency) if you have ever stayed!! Prayers to everyone in the this awful natural diseaster!!!