BY HUY FONG

Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste: Natural color Kosher Mouth-warmingly spicy For eggs, pasta, and pizza see more...

• I've been thinking of trying sambal in my cooking. I like...2 Answers
  • What kinds of things do you like putting this on? :)2 Answers
  • What is it? How do you use it?1 Answers
Ashleigh M.
This is a must have in our home. It’s great on a variety of Asian dishes. I love spicy, and I love garlic, so this is a win-win. I would say this is less spicy than Sriracha sauce but it has a great flavor. I made egg rolls in a bowl for dinner tonight and I topped my bowl with some of this stuff. So good. I can’t remember why exactly I bought this sauce but I’m glad I did.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I love sambal oelek! I use it in a ton of Asian-inspired dishes, and it's great for sauces and soups, or even just for dipping! I don't find it to be unbearably spicy (although if you aren't used to eating spicy foods, you might find it a bit intolerable). It's not quite as sweet as sriracha (which I also use in a lot of Asian dishes), but it does give food a nice depth of flavor. Highly recommended, this chili garlic paste will definitely take your food to a whole other level!
Amanda Z.
Gaithersburg, MD
This is a great way to add an authentic Thai chili flavor to dishes like stir fries, soups, and other dishes. It is more concentrated and much spicier than its Sriracha cousin, but this allows for greater flexibility in dishes, as a little bit goes a long way. I buy a little bottle and it's lasted me for a long time, even though I use it frequently. It gets my dishes smokier and more flavorful than when I use sriracha. I love it!
Alina M.
Norwalk, CT
This chili paste is great to cook with or to just add on top of your food. Personally, I feel like it comes out better when you use it while cooking because otherwise it has to salty of a taste on its own. Great sauce to have in the fridge though in case you ever need to use it.
Jessica H.
God, this stuff is delicious. My husband and I put it on everything. Usually, I put this on Asian dishes; however, my husband puts it on everything. It's so garlicky! We buy it from Walmart or from local grocery store. It's pretty inexpensive compared to other hot sauces. I recommend it to people all the time.
Matt P.
Sambal is amazing, I'd put it on just about anything. Best use is for bami or nasi recipes! Trick is to take a little spoonful of it and mix it in with the pasta/rice so that you don't get it all in one bite — kind of like mixing your wasabi with soy sauce before dipping your sushi.
Janet M.
Madison, WI
THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL OF FOOD PRODUCTS. I put this on almost anything: mac and cheese, soup, spaghtetti, sandwiches, salads, pizza... you name it. If you want to add heat this is a great product and doesn't have a lot of extra sugars, etc. Better than Sriracha by a long shot.
Linda T.
Love this hot sauce! Always brings great flavour for my food and dishes! I have a high tolerance for spicy food so I don't think it's spicy but I'm always adding a lot to get that spicy tingly feeling! Absolutely love using this!
Lauren H.
I'm pretty sure my parents have this in their fridge all the time. It's a staple in their cooking especially if they're trying to add that extra kick in their dishes. A little goes a long way for Asian condiments, this chili paste can really pack a punch if too much is used.
Erin L.
Rochester, NY
Whats good on EVERYTHING!?! Ummmm... Its this stuff right here! We have this in our fridge at all times! And I mean it you can put it on just about everything and everything...
Pizza, eggs, sandwiches, hot pockets, meat, fish... You name you can put it in or on it.
Janet M.
Madison, WI
What kinds of things do you like putting this on? :)
blah B.
I prefer the original chili paste, i don't really like the garlic one what about you guys?
Marissa S.
Lk Junaluska, NC
I've been thinking of trying sambal in my cooking. I like spice but nothing that is overly hot and overpowering. Is this a good brand to try?
Crystal S.
Las Vegas , NV
Is there I huge taste difference between the regular one and the garlic one ? I have bought both but now I don't recall and I'm almost out of the paste I have so I want to buy the best tasting one .
Leah C.
What is it? How do you use it?

back