Huy Fong Foods Inc. Sambal Oelek Sauce

by Huy Fong

Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste: Natural color Kosher Mouth-warmingly spicy For eggs, pasta, and pizza

I've been thinking of trying sambal in my cooking. I like spice but nothing that is overly hot and overpowering. Is this a good brand to try?
What is it? How do you use it?
What kinds of things do you like putting this on? :)
Start your review of Huy Fong Foods Inc. Sambal Oelek Sauce!
How would you rate this product?
If you're looking for a spicy garlic kick to your foods, YOU NEED THIS. It adds a kick to pot roast, soups, burgers, chicken, and even makes an amazing dipping sauce. This, plus some apple cider vinegar, sugar, water, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Heat until simmering, then cooled to thicken. Dip vegetables in and it's perfect for snacking. Cannot rave enough about how versatile this stuff is.
I love sambal oelek! I use it in a ton of Asian-inspired dishes, and it's great for sauces and soups, or even just for dipping! I don't find it to be unbearably spicy (although if you aren't used to eating spicy foods, you might find it a bit intolerable). It's not quite as sweet as sriracha (which I also use in a lot of Asian dishes), but it does give food a nice depth of flavor. Highly recommended, this chili garlic paste will definitely take your food to a whole other level!
Gaithersburg, MD
This is a great way to add an authentic Thai chili flavor to dishes like stir fries, soups, and other dishes. It is more concentrated and much spicier than its Sriracha cousin, but this allows for greater flexibility in dishes, as a little bit goes a long way. I buy a little bottle and it's lasted me for a long time, even though I use it frequently. It gets my dishes smokier and more flavorful than when I use sriracha. I love it!
This chili paste is great to cook with or to just add on top of your food. Personally, I feel like it comes out better when you use it while cooking because otherwise it has to salty of a taste on its own. Great sauce to have in the fridge though in case you ever need to use it.
God, this stuff is delicious. My husband and I put it on everything. Usually, I put this on Asian dishes; however, my husband puts it on everything. It's so garlicky! We buy it from Walmart or from local grocery store. It's pretty inexpensive compared to other hot sauces. I recommend it to people all the time.
Sambal is amazing, I'd put it on just about anything. Best use is for bami or nasi recipes! Trick is to take a little spoonful of it and mix it in with the pasta/rice so that you don't get it all in one bite — kind of like mixing your wasabi with soy sauce before dipping your sushi.
Madison, WI
THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL OF FOOD PRODUCTS. I put this on almost anything: mac and cheese, soup, spaghtetti, sandwiches, salads, pizza... you name it. If you want to add heat this is a great product and doesn't have a lot of extra sugars, etc. Better than Sriracha by a long shot.
Yuba City, CA
This is a must have in our home. It’s great on a variety of Asian dishes. I love spicy, and I love garlic, so this is a win-win. I would say this is less spicy than Sriracha sauce but it has a great flavor. I made egg rolls in a bowl for dinner tonight and I topped my bowl with some of this stuff. So good. I can’t remember why exactly I bought this sauce but I’m glad I did.
Love this hot sauce! Always brings great flavour for my food and dishes! I have a high tolerance for spicy food so I don't think it's spicy but I'm always adding a lot to get that spicy tingly feeling! Absolutely love using this!
I'm pretty sure my parents have this in their fridge all the time. It's a staple in their cooking especially if they're trying to add that extra kick in their dishes. A little goes a long way for Asian condiments, this chili paste can really pack a punch if too much is used.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...