BY HUNGRY JACK

Hungry Jack® Mashed Potatoes.
Naturally flavored.
Countless possibilities.
Create your own flavor.
Recipes on back and online.
Made with 100% real potatoes. see more...

• What brand is better? Idahoan or this one?1 Answers
  • Are these actually good? I don't mind taking the time to make rea...2 Answers
  • Are these buttery tasting to begin with or moreso plain and need ...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
  • "I really like this product cause its quick to make and its really good one smash potatoes with chicken good combo 👌" in 1 review
Alicia B.
Alicia B.
Foodie Expert
Not that big of a fan of these. They are very easy to make and get done very quickly, but I just don't like the taste. When I follow the directions on the box, I find that the consistency is way too runny so I have to change it all up and add more fakes. When they're finally done, they're not that great. They're nowhere near as flavorful as fresh mashed potatoes. I can definitely tell that they are boxed.
Cristie G.
Cristie G.
Foodie Expert
My husband really enjoys boxed potatoes and he is the only one who does lol. He enjoys Hungry Jack because he feels like it is very creamy yet thick. He likes to add his own seasoning and flavors so he likes to buy the plain. There are many sized boxes so we tend to get a larger box because it is more potatoes for your money. They are moderately priced and the value is worth it for our family budget.
Shonda W.
Shonda W.
Warner Robins, GA
I use hungry Jack brand mashed potatoes mix when I am in a hurry, for a quick dinner or lunch addition. I add a bit more milk and butter to mine to make them more smooth, but beyond that, following directions produces a decent bit of potatoes that do not taste overly processed. They do not taste like real mashed potatoes though. They are great when you make potato pancakes.
Adrianna P.
Adrianna P.
Hungry Jack mashed potatoes are the best potatoes in the world. I am not gonna lie I eat a lot of mashed potatoes. These mashed potatoes are the perfect texture. When I see them I froth at the mouth, because I can't wait to eat them😂trust me they are good. everyone should try them sometime!!
Mysty B.
Mysty B.
Columbus, MS
I remember as a child my mother made mashed potatoes all the time! this was my all time favorite besides the homemade mashed potatoes! This way it is quick, cheap, and a good product. I mostly rather cut up a potato and cook it but I would buy this if I dotnt feel like cooking the real deal
Sara P.
Sara P.
Seattle, WA
These are so easy to make, it's almost embarrassing. This product is a must-have at your Thanksgiving dinner. Bring it as a dish to pass with some fresh herbs diced over the top, and no one will ever know they cane from a box. They are creamy and buttery, with a little bit of texture, too!
Sabira H.
Sabira H.
Foodie Expert
It takes me about 5 minutes to make it and it tastes really good too. Not expensive at all I bought mine from Walmart and it is really easy to prepare and eat. I try not to eat mash potatoes a lot because of my strict diet but I have to buy this every thanksgiving
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Foodie Expert
Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes are good, quick to make, and relatively inexpensive. Everyone in my family loves them. These save a lot of time in the kitchen around the holidays. You can always add some broth or extra butter to add some extra flavor.
Laya A.
Laya A.
Maricopa , AZ
Foodie Expert
if there's something i hate, it's boxed mashed potatoes. these tasted weirdly pasty and didn't have too much flavor. i guess i shouldn't have expected much since i already disliked boxed mashed potatoes, but these were rough.
Mattina G.
Mattina G.
West Chester, OH
I absolutely love this product. I've grown up with the Hungry Jack mashed potatoes and I have never been disappointed! They are a very close second place right behind my grand mothers homemade mashed potatoes!
Brenda C.
Brenda C.
Smashed potatoes are just perfect
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Charlotte, NC
Are these actually good? I don't mind taking the time to make real mashed potatoes, but are these a good substitute or can you tell the difference? Honestly never tried them.
Dana M.
Dana M.
Regina, SK
Foodie Expert
I have been looking for an easy substitute for my home made mashed potatoes but find most boxed options are bland and not very comparable, do these have a bland taste or more flavourful then other boxed brands?
Christina M.
Christina M.
Levittown, PA
Are these buttery tasting to begin with or moreso plain and need some seasoning?
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
What brand is better? Idahoan or this one?