by Hunger Games
Ask a Question
Naya L.
Naya L.
Kearny, NJ

Was there anything from the books that you think they should have added to the movies?
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Feb. 19, 2014, 9:08 a.m.
They did a great job in staying true to the book in Catching Fire, but in the Hunger Games they left a LOT out. They definitely should have included the part that the mutts looked like the fallen tributes. I also didn't get the same sense of all the political background that the books gave. It didn't portray how oppressive the government of Panem was or just exactly how brutal the game makers were in the books. A HUGE part they left out was how Peeta had to have his leg amputated at the end of the book. That's kind of a big deal to just leave out...
Katie L.
Katie L.
Feb. 16, 2014, 5:59 p.m.
As someone who is in their 20's and enjoyed reading this series the movies left me slightly disappointed. I do think that Catching Fire was a much better movie (and more true to the book) than Hunger Games. The movies (especially the first one) failed to portray the brutality of the games. It also failed to portray how emotionally manipulative the gamemakers were. For example at the end of the first movie the beasts attack the final 3 contestants. In the book these beasts were made to look like the fallen contestants and this caused Katniss great emotional trauma and made her dislike the gamemakers but this was not included in the movie.
Kassandra M.
Kassandra M.
Feb. 11, 2014, 6:07 p.m.
I'm actually rather upset they didn't explore the dynamic between katniss and her mother more thoroughly, as well as the mayor's daughter (whose name escapes me)
Nola G.
Nola G.
Feb. 11, 2014, 3:04 p.m.
I found they did a pretty good job of fitting in the important bits into the movies, however I'm confused as to how they're going to incorporate the importance of the mockingjay into the last couple movies seeing it hasn't really come up in the first two... There's so much back story to the symbol that you get introduced to in the first two books but you don't see any of it in the movies... how will they catch up and explain everything??
Lei G.
Lei G.
Feb. 9, 2014, 11:41 p.m.
I would have liked to see the book explanation for the pin in the movie.
Maria T.
Maria T.
Feb. 6, 2014, 10:53 p.m.
I don't think anyone's answer would be no. Books have the ability to be so descriptive and to add so much detail without taking up more time. To add everything into a moving would be impossible. I think there are many plot lines not developed enough or developed differently from the books. Overall, I was more satisfied with the Hunger Games movies than with the Harry Potter ones.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Feb. 6, 2014, 5:49 p.m.
That's a tricky question. I feel like the first movie lacked in how they portrayed Peeta and Katniss's relationship, like it didn't seem like Katniss was putting on a show by liking Peeta. But they did fix that in Catching Fire.
Nina S.
Nina S.
Feb. 6, 2014, 11:45 a.m.
The history of the mockingjay...I think that was really important. I don't think a lot of people were clear on what exactly the significance of the mockingjay was if they didn't read the books. Frustrating.
Perla M.
Perla M.
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:31 p.m.
I was really disapointed that none of Peeta's famous book quotes were used. :(
Karla R.
Karla R.
Feb. 2, 2014, 6:51 a.m.
Everything they cut! lol. I absolutely loved this series so I honestly wouldn't have mind paying twice as much for them to make them all a part I and part II, if that meant the story would be as accurate as the book.
Jaimie B.
Jaimie B.
Jan. 31, 2014, 9:27 p.m.
I'm not sure if someone has already said this, but the fact at the end of the first book that Peta lost his leg and had to have a prosthetic, but for some reason in the movie they completely ignored that!
Shawna D.
Shawna D.
Jan. 30, 2014, 3:49 a.m.
Katniss and Peeta's rooftop scene from Catching Fire. I would have loved to have seen that!
Katlyn H.
Katlyn H.
Jan. 29, 2014, 9:11 p.m.
I wish they would not have cut out the mayor and his daughter (who is the one who actually gives Katniss the Mockingjay pin), but other than that I think that both movies have done a great job at sticking to the book where it's most important.
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Jan. 29, 2014, 8:58 a.m.
In the 2nd movie when Katniss and Peta were traveling to the districts, I wish they had portrayed Katniss differently. She is suppose to be trying to "convince" Snow that she and Peta are madly in love and have no thoughts of revolution, but in the movie as they speak to each district she always looks upset and robotic and not convincing at all.
Valerie I.
Valerie I.
Jan. 28, 2014, 9:30 p.m.
I wish they had made Peeta a LITTLE bit less bossy in the cave scene where he told Katniss that he wasn't going to let her go. Peeta, she's a grown woman with a bow. She can do what she wants. Otherwise nothing really stuck out to me that I wished was added. Maybe more Peeta and Katniss kisses! :)
Melissa G.
Melissa G.
Jan. 27, 2014, 1:45 p.m.
I was a bit annoyed things that would of been simple to include in the movies were not. Like how the eyes of the wolves matched those of fallen tributes ect. It would of taken a second to include and those of us who read the books would understand.
Shawna O.
Shawna O.
Jan. 22, 2014, 2:14 a.m.
Absolutely, I just began reading the trilogy and I've seen both movies. I think that it would have been nice for the movie to incorporate the back story of how they separated into districts, the history of the mocking jay and why that is important to Katniss and her relationship with her father, her strained relationship with her mother, and her memories of Peeta. Just to name a few.

Join Now