Hunger Games Book
By Hunger Games
#4 in Books
Naya L.
Kearny, NJ
Was there anything from the books that you think they should have added to the movies?
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Mebane, NC
3 years, 9 months ago
They did a great job in staying true to the book in Catching Fire, but in the Hunger Games they left a LOT out. They definitely should have included the part that the mutts looked like the fallen tributes. I also didn't get the same sense of all the political background that the books gave. It didn't portray how oppressive the government of Panem was or just exactly how brutal the game makers were in the books. A HUGE part they left out was how Peeta had to have his leg amputated at the end of the book. That's kind of a big deal to just leave out...
Katie L.
Katie L.
Portland, OR
3 years, 9 months ago
As someone who is in their 20's and enjoyed reading this series the movies left me slightly disappointed. I do think that Catching Fire was a much better movie (and more true to the book) than Hunger Games. The movies (especially the first one) failed to portray the brutality of the games. It also failed to portray how emotionally manipulative the gamemakers were. For example at the end of the first movie the beasts attack the final 3 contestants. In the book these beasts were made to look like the fallen contestants and this caused Katniss great emotional trauma and made her dislike the gamemakers but this was not included in the movie.
Kassandra M.
Kassandra M.
Hialeah, FL
3 years, 9 months ago
I'm actually rather upset they didn't explore the dynamic between katniss and her mother more thoroughly, as well as the mayor's daughter (whose name escapes me)
Nola G.
Nola G.
Winnipeg, MB
3 years, 9 months ago
I found they did a pretty good job of fitting in the important bits into the movies, however I'm confused as to how they're going to incorporate the importance of the mockingjay into the last couple movies seeing it hasn't really come up in the first two... There's so much back story to the symbol that you get introduced to in the first two books but you don't see any of it in the movies... how will they catch up and explain everything??
Lei G.
Lei G.
3 years, 9 months ago
I would have liked to see the book explanation for the pin in the movie.
Maria T.
Maria T.
Minneapolis, MN
3 years, 9 months ago
I don't think anyone's answer would be no. Books have the ability to be so descriptive and to add so much detail without taking up more time. To add everything into a moving would be impossible. I think there are many plot lines not developed enough or developed differently from the books. Overall, I was more satisfied with the Hunger Games movies than with the Harry Potter ones.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Lake Worth, FL
3 years, 9 months ago
That's a tricky question. I feel like the first movie lacked in how they portrayed Peeta and Katniss's relationship, like it didn't seem like Katniss was putting on a show by liking Peeta. But they did fix that in Catching Fire.
Nina S.
Nina S.
Franklin, WI
3 years, 9 months ago
The history of the mockingjay...I think that was really important. I don't think a lot of people were clear on what exactly the significance of the mockingjay was if they didn't read the books. Frustrating.
Perla M.
Perla M.
Ulysses, KS
3 years, 9 months ago
I was really disapointed that none of Peeta's famous book quotes were used. :(
Karla R.
Karla R.
Brownsville, TX
3 years, 9 months ago
Everything they cut! lol. I absolutely loved this series so I honestly wouldn't have mind paying twice as much for them to make them all a part I and part II, if that meant the story would be as accurate as the book.