BY HUNGER GAMES #4 in Books

• How good are these? I know someone that read them in one day but ...5 Answers
  • Which is your favorite book?7 Answers
  • Do you prefer the books or the film saga?? Hunger Games Book11 Answers
Hunger Games Book
  • "The book is very well written with a great plot and some very well developed characters including the heroine, Katniss. " in 276 reviews
  • "I read these my senior year of high school and while the story line is great and I loved the plot, I found the writing very dry and simple and something I would have been entertained by as a child, not a teenager which I feel like the story line is geared toward." in 221 reviews
  • "Great book series to read, I personally preferred both the first installment and the finale "Mockingjay" over the middle part "Catching Fire"." in 210 reviews
  • "really enjoyed reading all the once I got started reading them I could not put them down I highly recommend reading these books" in 205 reviews
  • "I started reading the first book that evening, once I started I could not put it down and eventually fell asleep dreaming of the horrid anticipation before Katniss is dropped into the arena." in 186 reviews
Andrea P.
Columbus
I may be the lone voice of dissent in the never-ending praise that befalls all things Hunger Games. Yes, the books are good. The pace is good. The POV is always clear and on-point. There are protagonists and antagonists that you come to love and hate with a fire rising from your soul. However, the ending is completely flat. You've taken me on this journey of discovery and adventure for 3 whole novels, only to leave the audience deflated and wanting more in the end. It's a fate many book series have suffered. Look at 50 Shades of Grey. Three books of buildup and tension that lead to nothing. I enjoyed my time reading the hunger games, but I'll pass it along. It's not a saga I wish to revisit.
Kat T.
Fort Wayne, IN
I LOVED these books. I think the movies were as close to the books as they could be, but the movies definitely weren't as good as the books. I do remember throwing the last book when Prim dies. I was so upset. One of the only parts of the series I didn't like was when Katniss ends up in the hospital/clinic over and over again. If I remember correctly she was there 3 times! I just kept thinking "Come on girl! Get it together!" Overall, I think this is a good series and it is interesting. It doesn't take 3 chapters to get to the "good stuff". The "good stuff" is there from the beginning.
Angelique S.
Santa Fe, NM
I really really love these books. I saw the first movie first and then I heard that there were books. So I went and picked up the first book and read that and fell in love with the story. I then downloaded the other two and read them on my phone. The books are so much more better than the movies. But don't get me wrong the movies are really really good also. There is just nothing like the book where it has more detail and more to it than the movies. I would definitely recommend these books to anyone who likes to read and who liked the movies.
Jewelen D.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
As a series overall, the trilogy was okay. My favorite was the first book. It moved at a good pace, there was lots of action, the ending was marvelous. The second book dragged so badly and the third moved too fast. I really feel that Katniss shouldn't have ended up with Peta. Not because I thought she fit Gabe more, but because the girl deserved to have some time to herself. I mean is she really in love with Peta or is it just a bond they have because of trauma? I feel that both of them need time to heal from all of the experiences they had.
Kellie H.
Thornton, CO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
What a great book series. I binge read every single installment and although the ending was pretty harsh and I didn't like the choice made by Katnis, I don't think it takes away from how enjoyable the story was as a whole. It has a strong, albeit flawed, female protagonist and a story that is weirdly relate-able in today's political climate. I love the characters and how complex their relationships are and how invested I became in their story. I hope Suzanne Collins writes more books because I honestly feel like she has a true talent.
Alana C.
This was definitely one of my favorite book series.. I remember crying so much and getting so attached to the characters. I personally only watched one of the movies (I just prefer the books.. They were changing a lot of things in the movie)... The books were very different and showed an interesting look into if certain communities were split into districts and had like different money, supplies, etc. Really recommend checking these out! Very well written!
Haley S.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I love the series, but I've always gotten upset at certain parts like when there were death scenes with really young characters. The thing is, The second and third installments are way better in my opinion because you see Katniss fighting back against the group, even with the help of Peeta and Finnick and many others. I also love Katniss and Peeta, they're really beautiful together and the reader did a good job at bringing them together.
Kimberly C.
This was the first book series I became OBSESSED with! Everything is so actioned packed. The plot is incredibly fast, it hooks you from the beginning and you swoosh off into the games with Katniss. The details are well written, you can easily picture everything taking place in front of you. And the plot twists at the end, UGH, I can't even describe my feelings. This book made me feel every single emotion, I cried, laughed, screamed, you name it. The only thing I wish they could have changed was the heavier focus on the character's romantic relationship in the second and last book and focus more on Katniss. Other than that, it was absolute perfection!
Patricia O.
Anaheim, CA
I loved it then, I loved it when it was created for the big screen and I still love it until now. Katniss had that spark and girl power that we can all be inspired from. It was well written and had that great depressing dystopian value to it. I think the books after these took a few pages from Suzanne Collins, I was happy when dystopian got it's genre fame.
Megan E.
Altamont, NY
Omg, I absolutely loved this series! I do believe that these books are so much better then the movies. There is just so much that goes on in the books that wasn't captured in the film. The author does a great job of sucking you into this world. I read all three quickly and are one of the handful of books I would absolutely re-read.
Vicky S.
Beaverton, OR
Who is your favorite character?
Ashley P.
Lubbock, TX
If you enjoyed these books, what are you reading now?
Hana T.
El Monte , Ca
How did you feel after you finish the 3rd book?
Shelby D.
Ardmore, OK
Are these worth the hype?
Valencia K.
Ladys Island, SC
Did the movie live up to the book, or could it use a little work?