BY HUNGER GAMES #4 in Books

• How good are these? I know someone that read them in one day but ...5 Answers
  • Which is your favorite book?7 Answers
  • Do you prefer the books or the film saga?? Hunger Games Book11 Answers
Hunger Games Book
  • "The book is very well written with a great plot and some very well developed characters including the heroine, Katniss. " in 276 reviews
  • "I read these my senior year of high school and while the story line is great and I loved the plot, I found the writing very dry and simple and something I would have been entertained by as a child, not a teenager which I feel like the story line is geared toward." in 221 reviews
  • "Great book series to read, I personally preferred both the first installment and the finale "Mockingjay" over the middle part "Catching Fire"." in 210 reviews
  • "really enjoyed reading all the once I got started reading them I could not put them down I highly recommend reading these books" in 205 reviews
  • "I started reading the first book that evening, once I started I could not put it down and eventually fell asleep dreaming of the horrid anticipation before Katniss is dropped into the arena." in 186 reviews
Angelique S.
Santa Fe
I really really love these books. I saw the first movie first and then I heard that there were books. So I went and picked up the first book and read that and fell in love with the story. I then downloaded the other two and read them on my phone. The books are so much more better than the movies. But don't get me wrong the movies are really really good also. There is just nothing like the book where it has more detail and more to it than the movies. I would definitely recommend these books to anyone who likes to read and who liked the movies.
Alana C.
This was definitely one of my favorite book series.. I remember crying so much and getting so attached to the characters. I personally only watched one of the movies (I just prefer the books.. They were changing a lot of things in the movie)... The books were very different and showed an interesting look into if certain communities were split into districts and had like different money, supplies, etc. Really recommend checking these out! Very well written!
Kimberly C.
This was the first book series I became OBSESSED with! Everything is so actioned packed. The plot is incredibly fast, it hooks you from the beginning and you swoosh off into the games with Katniss. The details are well written, you can easily picture everything taking place in front of you. And the plot twists at the end, UGH, I can't even describe my feelings. This book made me feel every single emotion, I cried, laughed, screamed, you name it. The only thing I wish they could have changed was the heavier focus on the character's romantic relationship in the second and last book and focus more on Katniss. Other than that, it was absolute perfection!
Junior H.
Tampa
The Hunger Games will go down in history as one of my all-time favorite series.  I enjoyed the movies but the books allowed me to envision my own settings and characters.
It grips you from the beginning and you can not put them down until you reach the last one and still you hope for another series to accompany it.
H Y.
The story is told in the
first person by Katniss, who unwittingly becomes the Mockingjay (the symbol of revolution) the second she volunteered as tribute & took her sister's place in the game. I love watching her grow and change as the story unfolded. Katniss is a strong heroine & someone who I'd definitely want to get to know.

Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
Pretty sure this dystopian future is where we are headed y'all. We live in dark times! I love the protagonist- Katniss is easy to identify with and a good role model. The transistion from book to movie was easy. Who doesn't love Jennifer Lawrence!
Laura S.
Round Rock, TX
I read the first book which I was hooked. The second and third books were slow getting to the point of where it needed to be. I haven't read any more from this author. I probably would. I think the storyline was amazing. I think the films are probably better. I think all the films are made very close to the books. Which I do love. Nothing worse than reading a book than finding that the film didn't even follow it. I just didn't love how slow the second and third books were.
Areej N.
When I was a teenager, I loved this series. It was one of my favorites and I was thrilled when the movie came out. However, I went back and reread them recently and was slightly amazed at how intense it is, and honestly, it's really graphic in a sense that even though I loved it, going back, I can't believe how I simply skimmed over all of the very troubling issues. The overall theme isn't too original, but they way that the concept was portrayed is genius.
Rachel V.
I really enjoyed the first two books when I read them a few years ago. I was really disappointed with the ending of the third book which tainted my overall view of the series. The movie adaptation was very true to what happened in the books in my opinion and these are still a good read.
Moni P.
Vacaville, CA
I loved this series. I think i finished all 3 books in a week. I couldn't put them down. I found myself staying up real late to read and looking forward to my lunch hour the next day. The stories are written well. The details and descriptions made you feel like you were a part of the story. I was craving more when I was done with book 3. I highly recommend this series to anyone and everyone!!
Vicky S.
Beaverton, OR
Who is your favorite character?
Ashley P.
Lubbock, TX
If you enjoyed these books, what are you reading now?
Hana T.
El Monte , Ca
How did you feel after you finish the 3rd book?
Shelby D.
Ardmore, OK
Are these worth the hype?
Valencia K.
Ladys Island, SC
Did the movie live up to the book, or could it use a little work?