BY HUNGER GAMES #4 in Books

• How good are these? I know someone that read them in one ...7 Answers
  • Which is your favorite book?8 Answers
  • Do you prefer the books or the film saga?? Hunger Games Book11 Answers
Hunger Games Book
  • "The book is very well written with a great plot and some very well developed characters including the heroine, Katniss. " in 276 reviews
  • "I read these my senior year of high school and while the story line is great and I loved the plot, I found the writing very dry and simple and something I would have been entertained by as a child, not a teenager which I feel like the story line is geared toward." in 221 reviews
  • "Great book series to read, I personally preferred both the first installment and the finale "Mockingjay" over the middle part "Catching Fire"." in 210 reviews
  • "really enjoyed reading all the once I got started reading them I could not put them down I highly recommend reading these books" in 205 reviews
  • "I started reading the first book that evening, once I started I could not put it down and eventually fell asleep dreaming of the horrid anticipation before Katniss is dropped into the arena." in 186 reviews
Melanie T.
This was the first book series that I ever fell in love with. These were the first books that really made me think and question my own life as some things were able to relate back to this day and age. Although it is set in the future, the topics that are addressed are relevant now, which is why it appeals so much to people. The writing is not the most descriptive thing I've ever read, but that's okay! Sometimes simpler writing can appeal to those of all reading levels. But I am still bitter about killing off characters that were unnecessary to kill off *cough cough* looking at you, Mockingjay.  You feel for this characters, you root for them, you become immersed in the story. Whoever has not read these books, please do, even if you have seen the films. There is a lot that has been left out that I believe you will enjoy.
Megan K.
Nicholasville, KY
I love this book series if you have not yet watched the movie, DON"T ! Read the book first! Although I know this is a book review, both the movie and book is very well written. It takes you to an entirely different place in which the setting and characters are described in such a way you see them almost entirely as the author sees them. That is reinforced by watching the movie and seeing that the people are exactly as you would imagine in your minds eye while reading the book. Teen, or adult regardless of your age this is a book for everyone. It will send your heart racing and leave you wanting more.
Jay ūüíĖ.
When these came out,I was one of the obsessed fangirls with this book series,I'll admit. And all in all,it was pretty good. It made me think and feel,and I liked that. But some things seemed to be thrown in these books merely for shock value and didn't contribute a lot to the plot. There were also a few deaths that were just mindless and not really needed in my opinion? (Looking at you,Mockingjay!) But,all in all,I did like the series and would read again. They're extremely creative books with pretty relatable characters that are full of personality and troubles. Decent for teens and young adults,definitely.
Andrea P.
Columbus
I may be the lone voice of dissent in the never-ending praise that befalls all things Hunger Games. Yes, the books are good. The pace is good. The POV is always clear and on-point. There are protagonists and antagonists that you come to love and hate with a fire rising from your soul. However, the ending is completely flat. You've taken me on this journey of discovery and adventure for 3 whole novels, only to leave the audience deflated and wanting more in the end. It's a fate many book series have suffered. Look at 50 Shades of Grey. Three books of buildup and tension that lead to nothing. I enjoyed my time reading the hunger games, but I'll pass it along. It's not a saga I wish to revisit.
Kimberly C.
This was the first book series I became OBSESSED with! Everything is so actioned packed. The plot is incredibly fast, it hooks you from the beginning and you swoosh off into the games with Katniss. The details are well written, you can easily picture everything taking place in front of you. And the plot twists at the end, UGH, I can't even describe my feelings. This book made me feel every single emotion, I cried, laughed, screamed, you name it. The only thing I wish they could have changed was the heavier focus on the character's romantic relationship in the second and last book and focus more on Katniss. Other than that, it was absolute perfection!
Kat T.
Fort Wayne, IN
I LOVED these books. I think the movies were as close to the books as they could be, but the movies definitely weren't as good as the books. I do remember throwing the last book when Prim dies. I was so upset. One of the only parts of the series I didn't like was when Katniss ends up in the hospital/clinic over and over again. If I remember correctly she was there 3 times! I just kept thinking "Come on girl! Get it together!" Overall, I think this is a good series and it is interesting. It doesn't take 3 chapters to get to the "good stuff". The "good stuff" is there from the beginning.
Angelique S.
Santa Fe, NM
I really really love these books. I saw the first movie first and then I heard that there were books. So I went and picked up the first book and read that and fell in love with the story. I then downloaded the other two and read them on my phone. The books are so much more better than the movies. But don't get me wrong the movies are really really good also. There is just nothing like the book where it has more detail and more to it than the movies. I would definitely recommend these books to anyone who likes to read and who liked the movies.
Kellie H.
Thornton, CO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
What a great book series. I binge read every single installment and although the ending was pretty harsh and I didn't like the choice made by Katnis, I don't think it takes away from how enjoyable the story was as a whole. It has a strong, albeit flawed, female protagonist and a story that is weirdly relate-able in today's political climate. I love the characters and how complex their relationships are and how invested I became in their story. I hope Suzanne Collins writes more books because I honestly feel like she has a true talent.
Patricia O.
Anaheim, CA
I loved it then, I loved it when it was created for the big screen and I still love it until now. Katniss had that spark and girl power that we can all be inspired from. It was well written and had that great depressing dystopian value to it. I think the books after these took a few pages from Suzanne Collins, I was happy when dystopian got it's genre fame.
Victoria M.
Jacksonville, AR
This book is pretty good except the fact that once it got popular they just wrote utter trash to keep getting purchases and good reviews. I do not like all the other books only the first book, and they should've released one book with all of them in it or a set that wasn't so expensive and i'd consider purchasing it. its pretty good, its an easy read
Vicky S.
Beaverton, OR
Who is your favorite character?
Ashley P.
Lubbock, TX
If you enjoyed these books, what are you reading now?
Hana T.
El Monte , Ca
How did you feel after you finish the 3rd book?
Shelby D.
Ardmore, OK
Are these worth the hype?
Valencia K.
Ladys Island, SC
Did the movie live up to the book, or could it use a little work?