Hummer Coleman 9

Hummer Coleman 9" Tent Stakes

BY HUMMER

Coleman 9" tent stakes see more...

Hummer Coleman 9
Hummer Coleman 9" Tent Stakes
  • "These are useful, and work, but I think the plastic slips out of the ground easier than the metal ones I've used. " in 6 reviews
Jessica S.
Greensboro, NC
These stakes are a must for camping, especially if you lose the metal stakes that come with the tent. You do have to be careful when hammering them in so they don't get bent, since they are made of plastic. This goes double for really hard dirt, I have had them break before.
Candy S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
These stakes are well made but are pretty temporary. I don't think they have ever made it through a whole season but are great in a pink. Keep them stored of of sunlight or they will crack and get brittle. I prefer stakes that aren't made of plastic but these will do so long as the ground isn't super hard.
claudia n.
Mt Washington, KY
Always buy extra and I like these steaks. They stay in the ground pretty good. The hooks on these allows you to easily hook the metal loops or in some cases material loops easily. I always have extra just in case you lose one or someone else needs it
Kaylee S.
Laporte, IN
These bad boys came with the tent we purchased about 6 years ago. They are just plastic and not very reliable. We ended up buying some steel ones from Dicks Sporting Goods. These are not good for camping in because theirs rock everywhere and they will break,,,your better off using a stick!!!!
Anna P.
Nescopeck, PA
These aren't great, but I don't blame that on the fact that they are Coleman. I would give the same review to any plastic stakes, just because the metal ones work so much better. These are useful, and work, but I think the plastic slips out of the ground easier than the metal ones I've used.
Chelsea H.
Orlando, FL
Look, if you're in a pinch and you have no other options, these would work. But half of them would break when you tried to use them. I was extremely unimpressed by these tent stakes - you're much better off purchasing extra metal stakes then these. Don't waste your time!
Candace U.
Greensburg, PA
These were great for camping! We used them in the hard and somewhat rocky soil and they worked great! I also loved that they were only 68 cents! We not only used them to hold our tent down all weekend but also our big canopy to keep us cool, I say they worked great!
Tina E.
Lillington, NC
These are the pegs I grew up using while camping. In hard or dense soil they are a pain, difficult to get into the ground and forever breaking. In sandy soil however, these things are great, they hold much better then the metal pegs. I would recommend them for camping at the beach or holding up the guy lines on your shade tent.
Erica R.
Mechanicsvlle, MD
Much better than some of the metal ones that bend but hard to use if the ground isn't fairly soft. If the ground is too soft they might not stay all the way down but that's with most stakes
Estacia C.
I purchased these summer 2013 and have used them more than a dozen times while camping at the beach. These are easy to hammer into the sand and have held my tent down even in strong winds and rain while camping on the open sand, oceanfront.
Kimbra M.
North Hollywood, CA
Why are these better in sand? I do agree these are not as good as metal stakes when camping in the dirt
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Do these stakes work well?