Noam G.
Noam G.
La Jolla, CA

Who else here got a pet from the Humane Society?
Catherine Y.
Catherine Y.
Oct. 27, 2016, 1:57 p.m.
I have but the canadian version
Lucy L.
Lucy L.
July 25, 2016, 9:54 p.m.
To all who have adopted peta from here, I am SO glad you did.
Courtney J.
Courtney J.
Aug. 22, 2013, 9:57 a.m.
I got my dog before someone took him to the Humane Society.
Paula B.
Paula B.
Aug. 11, 2013, 10:50 p.m.
Over the course of my life I have adopted many fur-babies from the humane society. One adoption was purely to save the life of a dog. His fur was matted and full of dead leaves. He just looked awful and his days were numbered, so I adopted him. After taking him to a groomer, he looked like a completely different dog. And he seemed happier, too. I miss the little guy.
Julie D.
Julie D.
July 27, 2013, 8 p.m.
I got my 3 year old cat at the Humane Society. I picked her because she would go around the other cats... And now shes the most loveable thing I have ever seen. Altough I had a hard time picking a cat out because I was sad to be leaving with just one. If I could I would have took every single one of those cats in!
Jessica O.
July 24, 2013, 12:13 a.m.
I got my amazing cat Cloe from the Wisconsin Humane Society! I love her death, best decision I ever made!
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
July 20, 2013, 7:05 p.m.
I got a cat, she was 2 1/2 years old. She has been an absolutely wonderful cat!! We believe she was previously an indoor/ outdoor cat or strictly outdoor, when we adopted her we made her strictly indoor. She has adjusted so well! We had a cat already before we adopted her, his name is Whiskers. It took Sweetpea awhile to adjust to her new brother, (who was only 1), but after having Sweetpea for 1 year now they get along great!
Stephenie S.
Stephenie S.
July 17, 2013, 1:48 p.m.
I have three cats all adopted from Local Human society's! My female, Piper, was adopted about 6 years ago and 6 months old, she was happy and healthy but did catch a kennel cold! My boys are 2 now and we adopted them at 5 weeks old, they are amazing, one had kennel cold.
Emily P.
Emily P.
July 16, 2013, 10:28 a.m.
2 dogs!
Summer D.
Summer D.
July 15, 2013, 2:17 p.m.
I have adopted 3 cats from our local humane society and our dog came from a rescue that saved him from a kill shelter in the South.
Kay B.
Kay B.
July 1, 2013, 6:35 p.m.
I adopted my best friend!
June 4, 2013, 8:50 p.m.
All of mine are from humane society
June 2, 2013, 9:41 a.m.
I've adopted my little puppy from a rescue about two months ago, I will always adopted.
Emma T.
Emma T.
June 1, 2013, 9:47 p.m.
I haven't, but others in my family have. And I volunteer there.
Jack S.
Jack S.
June 1, 2013, 5:34 p.m.
I have, as have other members of my family.
rachel w.
rachel w.
May 31, 2013, 4:10 p.m.
Yes, and I hope to get more soon. :)
Sherry M.
Sherry M.
May 29, 2013, 10:06 p.m.
I have gotten 2 cats from them. Best decisions of my life.
Margaret F.
Margaret F.
May 28, 2013, 11:38 a.m.
I would love too.
Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.
May 27, 2013, 9:47 p.m.
I haven't yet but I would love to.
Darian R.
Darian R.
May 24, 2013, 10:34 a.m.
I got my rottweiler, Huskey mix from the Humane Society! She is absoultely WONDERFUL!
Roberta B.
Roberta B.
May 23, 2013, 11:08 p.m.
There are pros and cons to adopting from the Humane Society. It is a wonderful organization but when adopting an adult dog you never really know their full background unless they were a surrender. It takes someone with a big heart and a lot of patience, it is very rewarding to adopt and save an innocent animal's life. Just please don't adopt for the wrong reasons. Adopt to save the animal's life and not to fill a void in your life. While a furry friend can bring you joy if you don't have the time or patience to spend caring for an animal it is best to not at all. All animals deserve a warm, loving, stable home. Good owners have good pets. Be responsible and loving and you and your new friend will have a wonderful life together.
Miranda B.
Miranda B.
May 23, 2013, 8:30 p.m.
Over the years, I have adopted one dog, three cats and two rats (yes, rats!) from Humane Society shelters. And when it comes time for a new pet, I will be returning to them again. :)
Vanessa R.
Vanessa R.
May 18, 2013, 10:18 p.m.
I've been wanting too, hopefully soon i adopt one. :)
Lisa R.
Lisa R.
May 18, 2013, 6:58 p.m.
We got our beloved dog Corey several years back and absoultely loved him. He was a great and gentle dog. I loved spending time with him, he was always there for me when I had a bad day. I love him so and miss him so much.
Gabrielle S.
Gabrielle S.
May 18, 2013, 5:10 p.m.
I got my adorable kitty Teed when 13 years ago at the humane society when she was a tiny kitten :)
Veronika R.
Veronika R.
May 17, 2013, 12:44 p.m.
No, but I will.
Kiyomi R.
Kiyomi R.
May 16, 2013, 5:47 p.m.
I got my puppy from the humane society of oakville & milton in canada
Rainy L.
Rainy L.
May 6, 2013, 6:36 p.m.
I did! I had a cat from there.
Eliza F.
Eliza F.
April 29, 2013, 9:02 a.m.
I have adopted from my local Humane Society several times throughout my life and each time was a wonderful experience.
Katherine L.
Katherine L.
April 20, 2013, 12:52 p.m.
The first dog I ever owned was adopted via the Humane Society. I remember that my parents were very happy with how helpful their staff was.
Adrian T.
Adrian T.
April 17, 2013, 5:20 a.m.
This is where i always go to get animals, or i take in strays and take them there... I've even taken my animals back there and had them spayed and neutered whenever needed...
Carin B.
Carin B.
April 15, 2013, 3:47 p.m.
I applied and I didn't get one.
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
April 12, 2013, 8:42 p.m.
I did! Love my babies :)
Christina F.
Christina F.
April 11, 2013, 12:54 p.m.
I just adopted a cat from the humane society in st cloud mn about 3 weeks ago! She is such a great cat! I highly recommend adopting from a humane society! The animals are vetted already, so it saves you a trip to the vet! :)
Amber G.
Amber G.
April 1, 2013, 7:38 p.m.
I got two of my kitties from the humane society.
Veronica R.
Veronica R.
March 31, 2013, 1:40 p.m.
I have also...and my little dog is the sweetest dog ever.
Crystal N.
Crystal N.
March 27, 2013, 9:08 p.m.
I have rescued both my cat and dog! and they just love eachother :)
Shanna S.
Shanna S.
March 25, 2013, 5:49 p.m.
I absolutely did, and I think he is the greatest thing ever! <3 him with all my heart!
Stacy G.
Stacy G.
March 25, 2013, 3:46 p.m.
We rescued our pit/lab mix when we got married & she is still with us today! She is 7yrs old :)
R  F.
R F.
March 23, 2013, 11:20 p.m.
Me! Love my cats and dogs!
Kerri H.
Kerri H.
March 23, 2013, 8:29 a.m.
I did! I've had my cat for 13 years. I think the animals you get from a shelter love you more. I'll never buy from a breeder - I love the pound puppies!
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
March 19, 2013, 9:17 p.m.
I got my dog from the humane society and i love him i would defienetly consider adopting again from them.
Melanie S.
Melanie S.
March 14, 2013, 10:42 p.m.
I got my cat there 7 years ago
Katie P.
Katie P.
March 7, 2013, 8:22 a.m.
We got our wonderful loving Pit Bull Rosie from our local shelter. Shes awesome with my kids! No so much with cats though lol!
Ella D.
Ella D.
March 4, 2013, 1:08 p.m.
Every single one of my pets (we've adopted a total of 3) came from the Humane Society. I won't go anywhere else for a pet.
Caitlin L.
Caitlin L.
Feb. 27, 2013, 12:01 p.m.
I did! My little baby, Dexter.
Natalie W.
Natalie W.
Feb. 21, 2013, 3 p.m.
1 of my 6 rescues was from the humane society-rhodesian ridgeback we like to refer to as "Buddy" :)
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Feb. 11, 2013, 7:18 a.m.
All the pets I own came from there. I have 2 cats and 1 dog.
Loretta W.
Loretta W.
Feb. 5, 2013, 7:25 a.m.
All of my pets for the past 30 years have been from the Humane Society.
Katie R.
Katie R.
Jan. 30, 2013, 10:39 a.m.
We've gotten most of our pets from here and have had great success!
Caitlyn P.
Caitlyn P.
Jan. 27, 2013, 12:28 p.m.
These dogs are the best they train them to be friendly and nice. They tell you when they are not. It cost so much less than breeder. Recommended totally!
Natacia Z.
Natacia Z.
Jan. 25, 2013, 6:11 a.m.
I adopted a few time from the Humane Society. It was the best investment of my life. :) Those dogs were my best friends. My last adopted pet has long died, but he was my bets friend. :)
Allie T.
Allie T.
Jan. 16, 2013, 3:57 a.m.
I have 1 cat that I rescued back in 2009 on my birthday. My mother used to rescue all our pets over the years from the Humane Society.
Amy S.
Amy S.
Jan. 12, 2013, 8:31 a.m.
Many of my pets came from the Humane Society
Katie M.
Katie M.
Jan. 8, 2013, 10:59 a.m.
I got my cat (joey) there!
Jan. 6, 2013, 4:29 p.m.
I got my best friend at the humane society!
Mary Alice E.
Mary Alice E.
Jan. 6, 2013, 1:07 p.m.
I've gotten mine from the Humane Society (which I prefer) and the SPCA. It was a pretty easy process and I absolutely love my cat, she is my baby.
Alicia M.
Alicia M.
Jan. 5, 2013, 3:55 a.m.
I have been to the Humane Society often, but I prefer to adopt from rescue organizations.
Maaliter T.
Maaliter T.
Jan. 3, 2013, 8:27 p.m.
Yes I adopted my cat from the Humane Society.
Katherine P.
Katherine P.
Jan. 1, 2013, 6:07 p.m.
I adopted my dog from the Humane Society. It is a great organization!
Karen H.
Karen H.
Dec. 31, 2012, 4:56 a.m.
Me!!! I love going to the humane society and rescuing animals!!
Mindy M.
Mindy M.
Dec. 28, 2012, 11:22 a.m.
I have not, but I hope to someday!
Traci G.
Traci G.
Dec. 28, 2012, 9:53 a.m.
I got my cat there a few years ago. She's become a huge part of our family. Love my Hazel Basil (nickname, real name is Hazel)!
Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.
Dec. 19, 2012, 4:42 p.m.
We got our cat from them. Great deal from a good cause, no issues with her.
Candace S.
Candace S.
Dec. 19, 2012, 3:03 p.m.
We got our 2 kitties!
Erin M.
Erin M.
Dec. 18, 2012, 7:48 p.m.
We did...a sweet kitty, named tess...we got her 2 months ago, she will be 1 year old in January!
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Dec. 18, 2012, 9:29 a.m.
I got my chiweenie there. Great program. He was chipped, up to date on all his shots and was seeing a vet for the 3 weeks he was there.
Suzy Z.
Suzy Z.
Dec. 18, 2012, 8:23 a.m.
I got a kitten from the Humane Society
Mary V.
Mary V.
Dec. 15, 2012, 10:38 a.m.
I did a Lil Maltese Puppy
Dani J.
Dani J.
Dec. 15, 2012, 10:27 a.m.
I have adopted two dogs and a cat from the humane society (:
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
Dec. 14, 2012, 2:57 p.m.
My 11 year old cat came from the Humane Society. Best cat ever!
Kerri G.
Kerri G.
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:06 p.m.
I have adopted multiple pets from here, and other rescues, through the years.
Kristy K.
Kristy K.
Dec. 11, 2012, 5:29 a.m.
I did, I did!!!
Dacia S.
Dacia S.
Dec. 11, 2012, 5:03 a.m.
I've gotten all of my pets from the Humane Society. My current dog Jake (best dog I've ever had) I got a year ago! He is my baby!
Dec. 10, 2012, 4:30 p.m.
I only adopt!!!
Dec. 10, 2012, 4:30 p.m.
I only adopt!!!
Lisa O.
Lisa O.
Dec. 10, 2012, 2:03 p.m.
We adopted a Pomeranian from our local Pet Rescue!
Aryah C.
Aryah C.
Dec. 8, 2012, 11:40 a.m.
All my pets have came from the Humane Society ( Well and craigslist ) but i feel so great about helping an animal in need by giving it a home and an amazing family to love it :)
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.
Dec. 8, 2012, 7:26 a.m.
Yes, I have adopted my animals from the Humane Society. Great Place to Volunteer also.
Hallie H.
Hallie H.
Dec. 6, 2012, 6:39 a.m.
I have adopted 2 dogs from their and they both have lived long, happy, healthy lives. love love love the humane society!
Tiki B.
Tiki B.
Dec. 2, 2012, 8:23 p.m.
I have multiple times and so have my family members.
Dec. 2, 2012, 10:18 a.m.
Just adopted a new puppy a few days ago!LOVE her!
Cindy B.
Cindy B.
Dec. 2, 2012, 9:26 a.m.
I've gotten most of my pets from a Humane Society. I've only bought Hamsters and Fish from a store.
Ivori M.
Ivori M.
Dec. 1, 2012, 1:53 p.m.
I have not.
Denise G.
Denise G.
Nov. 30, 2012, 7:12 p.m.
I haven't but i will one day
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Nov. 30, 2012, 6:11 p.m.
I haven't but I am planning to! Save a life, ADOPT!
Holly W.
Holly W.
Nov. 30, 2012, 4:48 p.m.
Ive gotten all of my pets from the humane society

Join Now