linda n.
Austin, TX
When you were looking at adopting, did you find your pet during the first visit or did you have to come back until you found the 'right' one?
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Savannah, GA
4 years, 4 months ago
I had been multiple times in search of a cat. The very last time I went, I went with my husband. That day was the day we saw Sweetpea. She was not much too look at, but I was so drawn to her, I can't explain it. Well, we adopted her. She was 2 1/2 years old, we have had her for 1 year now. She has been nothing less of a wonderful cat!
Hannah A.
Hannah A.
4 years, 5 months ago
I found my dog on petfinders.com. My little chiwowa (lol. Spelt wrong I know) was in puerto rico! The Worcester Animal League shipped the dog to its shelter so that I could see if I wanted her. I loved this dog's picture. She was an abused dog. She deserved the right to live without abuse. I bought her for 300$ and she was already spayed with all her shots and a locator chip. The money went right into the shelter. I believe all people should buy from a shelter. These animals need homes. They are not promised one like the dogs sold in stores that are often from puppy mills with mental issues.
Sherry M.
Sherry M.
Ashland , WI
4 years, 5 months ago
The first time I saw a picture online of a kitten that just came in and I had to have him! It was love at first site! The second time we looked for a cat to save and found the most adorable cat. I wasn't sold on her but I didn't want her to be put down. My family said it was love at first sight for them though!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Montpelier, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
I've had friends who went for the first visit, and knew exactly what animal they wanted. While some friends had to come back multiple times to find the "perfect" pet. It depends entirely on the person, their wants, and needs.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Centerville, TN
4 years, 6 months ago
Def love at first sight! You have to have "a calling" to your pet. Don't try and scope it out and find the perfect one...that should happen on its own
Niesha L.
Niesha L.
Warren, MI
4 years, 6 months ago
I went back several times though all the animals are so cute & I wish I could've taken them all but i couldn't I just made sure that the pet was the right one for me & would be a good fit for my family!
Megan B.
Megan B.
Grove City, OH
4 years, 6 months ago
I knew the minute I saw our kitties there that they had to be a part of our family. :)
Dani D.
Dani D.
Louisville, KY
4 years, 8 months ago
I had a similar reaction -- I didn't even intend to adopt a pet that day, though I had planned to do so soon. However, I met my pup when I had gone into my local PetSmart on an adoption day, and I put in the application to take her home that same day.
Dani H.
Dani H.
Concord, NC
4 years, 8 months ago
It depends on the person, but I definitely had a "love at first sight" moment when I saw my pup (: I hope this helps!