Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Jacksonville, FL

What do you regularly give to the Humane Society? Time/Food/Money? Do you usually adopt pets or buy them?
Avni P.
Avni P.
July 27, 2014, 11:19 p.m.
I give time and money. A volunteer trip to the humane society is both fun and rewarding, plus lots of cuddling with pets is involved!
Domnique T.
Domnique T.
June 5, 2014, 12:30 a.m.
I'm a pretty big animal lover, and I feel like one of the best things I can personally do is give my time to a local shelter. I enjoy every minute of it, and as a college student, I unfortunately don't have a lot of money to give. But I spend as much of my time as I can to give.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Oct. 26, 2013, 9:41 a.m.
I prefer to adopt since there are so many animals in need of a good home. If you don't adopt they get put down eventually
Ariel Y.
Ariel Y.
Oct. 19, 2013, 12:59 p.m.
I usually give time for the humane and the animals just playing with them makes them happy you can always voulenteer too! and they're really friendly! when you get to the cat room the cats sometimes follow you so they may come off creepy and weird if you don't like cats but normally the cats are super nice and friendly! the dogs are so friendly even the big ones are even though they look mean they are the sweetest little things ever! and the little rodents are nice but i personally dislike the gerbrils,rats,mouse but i love the bunnys/rabbits
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Oct. 12, 2013, 12:22 a.m.
Everything I can. I give my time to play and get to know the pets, I play and feed them, walked them. many are shy at first but they come around. They need company and vistiors but the best thing anyone can give besides time, money and food is a forever home, they all need there forever home.
Jasmine P.
Jasmine P.
Oct. 9, 2013, 7:17 p.m.
I adopted my cat Ava from the Mohawk Humane Society at Petsmart. My other cat Eden I had got from a pet store that shoved 60 cats in a backroom with no cages and barely any food. I got Eden out of there the second I saw her food get taken by another cat but I with Ava I felt that the adoption process was much healthier and happier. Each month I send a little money to them because they gave me such a healthy beautiful cat and took such good care of her while she was there (which was only for a week before I picked her up.) Eden is now healthy thanks to some respiratory treatments in the beginning. They are both happy 2yr old cats!! I plan on volunteering sometime very soon with my husband.
Emily S.
Emily S.
Sept. 6, 2013, 1:10 p.m.
When I was a student in WI, I helped out at the local Humane Society. I was able to walk the dogs, clean up after them, and just give them lot and lots of love! It was a very rewarding experience. I'm hoping to get involved again soon! I have a 5 month old lab puppy. My friend's dog had puppies unexpectedly so I suppose you could say I rescued her from going to a shelter! Either way you look at it I would never regret it, I love her to the moon and back. Thanks Em!
Charli M.
Charli M.
Sept. 1, 2013, 1:08 a.m.
I'm currently enrolled to volunteer at my local San Diego Humane Society. If your willing to take the time and go through the process of becoming a volunteer, it can be very satisfying. I love to help people find there next family member, or help people who can longer keep a pet and need to know that they are in good hands and will find a new home. The Humane Society offers so many programs and opportunities for the public and their companions.
Kylee L.
Kylee L.
Aug. 21, 2013, 9:50 a.m.
Mostly I give money. But, I have dropped off food and supplies before also. We actually cleaned out my aunts attic and found tons of old blankets and quilts. We brought them to our local Humane Society and they used them for beds for the animals. I thought that was great, just goes to show you don't always have to give money to help.
Samantha Y.
Samantha Y.
Aug. 20, 2013, 7:12 p.m.
Usually I give time and money. I have referred people there when they are looking to adopt a pet.

Join Now