Humane Society of the United States

BY HUMANE SOCIETY #13 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Based in Washington,DC; the organization maintains field representatives in 35 states. see more...

Humane Society  of the United States
Humane Society of the United States
Reviews (2023)
  • "I'm glad we have this to help animals and when I donated I'm glad it goes to the animals because they can't get jobs of there own for food and water.." in 63 reviews
  • "this is great organization i love animals one of my sisters friend she adopt a dog she said im glad i adopt a dog so i can have a company" in 62 reviews
  • "While this is a wonderful organization, I still prefer to give my money to local shelters because I know exactly where it's being used. " in 39 reviews
  • "awesome I love animals so much I am a animal lover I have a dog and his name is buddy I got him out of the humane society as well ...." in 33 reviews
  • "They always offer programs to people outside of the shelter and they always take care of all of the animals in the shelter." in 30 reviews
Amy G.
Toms River, NJ
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Such a wonderful charity because they are helping animals from all around the U.S. it helps protect animals that are in all different types of situations. They then try to get these animals checked out by a vet and many of them get adopted. It’s an amazing charity and helps a lot of different animals get out of bad situations and give them a great and new life! 😊
Samantha A.
Burton, MI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
The human society near me is hesitant to bring in pit bulls which makes me sad, but they admit that they are hard to adopt. While they are still a great organization that I support and have adopted several pets out of.
Please adopt, don’t by designer, in bred pets that can cost thousands.
Tracy G.
Clearwater, FL
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Humane Societies are great places to go in and personally donate something that you have already purchased. For example a dog bed or food for the animals or something that will keep them happy and clean. That is the absolute best way you can donate to the Humane Society. Actually sending money to the corporate Humane Society location does not really help the local shelters. In order to really help the animals at your local Humane Society or shelter is to go in and personally donate a pre-purchased good.
Sarah D.
Spencer, OH
Offer free or low cost neutering for your pet or strays and can also help you find low cost veterinary care and microchipping. I have fostered and adopted through the humane society and your money, food donations, volunteering is always going to actually help the animals. I have always been happen with the treatment of the animals in their care that I have seen .
Annie A.
Zionsville, IN
I absolutely LOVEEEE the humane society! They've got great dogs, cats, rabbits, etc there. All of which need a great home and loving family. I adopted 3 dogs from there and I love them all so much! I would never ever change my decision. All of our dogs came neutered or spayed. All their vaccinations are up to date. They have their rabies shots and they even give you a free one for the following year. They also have a low-cost vaccination clinic which is where I purchase all my flea and tick preventatives, heartworm preventatives, and we will probably even go there to get their boosters and shots renewed there. My dogs are all now so happy and we're so happy to have them in our lives.
Shelly M.
Harrison, TN
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Just amazing if you ask me!! They do a lot for the communities. I have volunteered with them many times through the years and have always been impressed with how many great things they do for the communities. So impressive and thoughtful of this organization.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I love this organization because they do great things for pets all over and I am a huge animal lover and have adopted dogs from this group. This is run by such caring animal lovers and the donations are also given by animal lovers who want to protect and save poor pets who are unwanted by their owners.  Humane Society of the United States
Cheyenne C.
Mesa, AZ
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
LOVE! I adopted my little fur baby from there and it was so cheap to save her little life. It came with her being chipped and spayed which saved me so much money. I love all the work they do, I really believe that they care for the animals and love what they do!
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I absolutely love this organization and have donated several times. I love visiting my local one to see the animals. They take great care of them , and it’s so hard not to walk out with tons of pets. I’m very grateful for the cheap veterinary care they provide, a lot of people I know go there and really like it.
Sofi G.
New York
To me one of the most important charities out there. I gladly donate to them in addition to my local ASPCA shelter. They gave great projects for volunteers. Sadly a lot of them are more than just necessary.
Noam G.
La Jolla, CA
Who else here got a pet from the Humane Society?
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Which have you adopted DOG or CAT???
Olena S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How many people have been part of the humane society and helped by adopting a pet from them?
Crystal C.
Have you ever donated to their organization?
sharon l.
How can I help the humane society?