BY HUDA BEAUTY #10 in Liquid Foundation

What #FauxFilter is: #FauxFilter is a full-coverage velvety foundation, available in 30 delicious shades, that will give you a flawless long-lasting look in just one application. Hiding blemishes, concealing imperfections, and camouflaging dark circles, this amazing formula is packed with ultra-refined pigments that make uneven skin a thing of the past.

What #FauxFilter does: The intelligent liquid foundation blends seamlessly with skin and dries to a radiant matte powder finish that looks luminous, not dry or cakey. Enriched with good-for-your-skin ingredients like Argan Oil and Centella Asiatica, both known for their hydrating properties, this fade-proof formula blends seamlessly into the skin, simultaneously working to improve skin texture. Count on #FauxFilter to give you flawless full-coverage with just one pump, or blend together with the Huda Beauty Complexion Perfection Pre-Makeup Base primer for an even, more natural finish.

Huda’s Tips: For full-coverage: For extra wearability, first apply the Complexion Perfection Pre-Makeup Base. Using a dime-sized amount or less, dip the Huda Beauty Buff & Blend synthetic brush in to the foundation and apply to skin using circular and dabbing motions.

For medium-coverage: Combine the Complexion Perfection Pre-Makeup Base (or your fav moisturizer) with the #FauxFilter Foundation and using the Huda Beauty Buff & Blend synthetic brush, or a damp beauty sponge, blend on the skin for a smooth, dewy finish.

Huda’s top tip: “Although it dries to a radiant powder finish, if you have oily skin, setting it with a thin layer of translucent powder gives the most incredible flawless, all-day-matte look!”

• Has anyone tried the Huda Beauty #Fauxfilter Foundation? ...5 Answers
  • Which foundation is better for oily skin?7 Answers
  • Is this foundation worth the buy?6 Answers
noni c.
New York
Purchased at: Sephora
I recently got this foundation after months of debate between myself and my wallet.

1. Dry skin: My skin is super dry and I have little to no blemishes or pigmentation, so I usually don’t look for full coverage foundations. When I first tried this foundation I moisturized and primed as usual and I found it super difficult to blend, I then tried it another day and mixed it with my moisturizer and that made it much easier to blend.

2. Creasing: I wore this foundation to a party at a nightclub and received so many compliments on how airbrushes my skin looked, but when I went to the restroom and glanced in a mirror with better lighting I had super crazy creasing around my smile lines and under my eyes (which never happens to me!)

3. Setting powder: So because this foundation dries almost like a powder (and I never usually use powder anywhere except my under eyes and sometimes my t-zone) I assumed I wouldn’t need any, but soon realized I did have to set with powder and continue to set throughout the day if wearing it for more than 3ish hours.

Overall review: 3.5/5, this foundation is so beautiful right after you finish your makeup and if you upkeep it throughout the day, i.e. powder & setting spray. But for such a high price tag, I shouldn’t have to “upkeep” so much.
Jennie I.
Wichita, KS
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Milkshake 100B more...
Let me just start off by saying I really wanted to love this. I typically love a satin matte finish but do prefer more of a medium buildable coverage these days. On first application I was so shocked by how little I had to use to get a full coverage and at first it looked a little dry and once I finessed it a little, it looked like a nice full coverage, however... about 4-5 hours in it started to wear down BADLY. It was separating, settling into pores and had completely come off my chin. CAKE CITY, not at all a cute look. I still gave it a few more tries for a week with different techniques and then my skin started breaking out in huge cystic bumps from the STRONG fragrance in this foundation, the breakouts did not go away for several weeks and left red marks that took a long time to heal. The packaging is also very cheap and the pump doesn’t reach the bottom, so you end up wasting a ton of product. There were no positives to this foundation for me other than the quick application. There are far better options at the drugstore as well as higher end. I would absolutely not recommend this foundation.
Genny C.
Newport News
Review for: Cinnamon 440G more...
I give this product 4 stars only because I still cannot find my match. I have yellow/golden undertones and probably a medium deep complexion. I tried toffee first and that was way too light. Gingerbread is neutral so that wouldn’t work for me so the next shade In line is cinnamon and that is too dark and too gold even for me. I have to mix it wit my Fenti which is lighter. That’s ok but it would be nice to just apply one foundation and be done...but...no which is one of the reasons I have to give it a 4. The other reason is the fact that it’s not sold in stores In the US yet which is frustrating. I’ve waited for the product to be available for months as it has been out of stock at Sephora.com since December. I could have ordered it from the Huda Beauty website but shipping was over $20
I had to guess on a shade and wait to see if it worked which it didn’t so I had to guess and buy another shade and return the other...needless to say it was a hassle and I’m still trying to figure out if it was worth it. The coverage is amazing!!! I was skeptical about the finish as I’ve heard some say that it’s very matte. I’m not sure if it’s because of my oily skin but I don’t find that it’s too matte it’s a pretty healthy looking finish for me. I tried it the first time without a primer and it held up for a good 4-5 hours. My pores became more visible after that point, so not bad! It stays in place which is great for me and it also feels good not heavy or gross like most foundations I use. My skin is going through some things right now so it’s not all that I hoped for when it comes to a smooth finish but I’m sure that will get better as my skin does. All in all I will continue using this product mixed with a lighter foundation and I’ll hope that it will be available in stores by the time I run out of this bottle which should take a few months.
Subrina R.
Jamaica , NY
Review for: Butter Pecan more...
I have a love hate relationship with this product. It gives you great coverage however it does not give me enough full coverage by itself to cover up my hyper pigmentation. When applying with a beauty blender it took me 3 layers of foundation to cover up the majority of my spots, but in certain lighting you could see a grey undertone from my marks under the foundation. I think the foundation works better with color corrector if you do have marks and scars like I do. I also found that if you apply the foundation on with a brush first and then smoothen out any lines with a wet beauty blender, you get the best application. This is the only foundation that actually sits properly on top of my nose.
The foundation does have a strong sent, very moroccan/arabic sent to it. The foundation does oxidize a little but not too noticeable. And I have noticed that if you did not use a good primer that the foundation can settle in your pores, but this is easily avoidable. The product claims all you need is one pump to get the job and I usually find it takes me 2-2.5 pumps to get an even skin tone. I chose this shade because it what my sephora IQ matched me too (2Y08). However I do like to wear foundation a shade lighter to match my chest and as you can see in the photo my neck is a bit orange in comparison to my chest, (I blended down to my chest). There was no match to the IQ 2Y07 to a Huda Beauty foundation so I settle for the actual shade. The picture below is with me using color corrector.
Caitlin P.
Wake Forest, NC
Review for: Amaretti 310G more...
Heavy rotation, but maybe a bit too heavy?

I'm normally a full-coverage gal, and I love the way this foundation applies, sets, and looks – most of the time. I'm combo/oily skin and this is my go-to when I want my makeup to stay put or look great in photos. The pigment in this product is unmatched – a little goes a long way. The lack of SPF makes it great for events and professional photographs.

HOWEVER, besides the amount of fragrance in this product, this foundation clogged pores I didn't even know I had in my cheek area. I broke out after using it almost everyday and have since cut back on it/mixed it in with lighter foundations when I want good coverage.
Linh T.
Purchased at: Sephora
I LOVE...LOVE this foundation. I use the toasted coconut shade and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I’ve tried so many foundations and I love a full coverage foundation. The texture is silky smooth and the foundation glides on silky smooth. It covers so we’ll without being cakey. It doesn’t crease around your fine lines either. I’m 49 and using full coverage can crease around your fine lines which magnified your wrinkles/age. YIKES!!! However, this foundation does not crease and leaves your face looking Dewey. I love the Dewey look. This foundation makes my face look like the MAC girls. Who doesn’t love that? Will always use this foundation...
Alex G.
Richardson
Review for: Chocolate Mousse 450G more...
UPDATE: Well, this foundation went back to Sephora in exchange for Bobbi Brown's new foundation (love that one so much). I thought I loved it, but seeing that I only wore it less than a handful of times and so many other foundations perform better, it wasn't worth keeping. It was honestly too thick and too full coverage. I have decent skin, so even going to an event, I don't need to look that "beat". ELDW, YSL All Hours, and Lancome Teint Idole all perform the duty of looking flawless without looking like you have a whole bottle of foundation on.

Previous Review:
Let me start by saying I have relatively good skin, that is normal to combo (oily t-zone), and I go back and forth with wearing liquid/creme foundations and wearing nothing. When I do wear full coverage makeup, I usually wear Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place, but because I don't know how to be happy with one amazing foundation, I wanted to try more. So I decidedly bought the new Huda foundation over the new Fenty foundation due to availability and reviews, and though I still want to try the Fenty foundation, I'm absolutely loving this Huda foundation. At first, I hated it. I absolutely detested the way it looked by the end of the day, but I wanted to give it another try, and the second time I still didn't love it, but I hated it a little less. I was set to return it, but I tried it with a different primer a third time (Becca's Velvet Blurring Primer) and now this is my go-to glam full coverage foundation. It is phenomenal with that primer and it really does have a faux filter look about it. Estee Lauder is still my day-to-day go-to since the Huda does give me under the skin bumps due to the perfume elements in it (not enough to make me never use it again), and I do also like the BareMinerals BarePro Performance foundation, but Huda is my, "I want to look like I'm about to go to a photo shoot" foundation.

Cliff Notes:
Without the Becca primer I do get a little oily, but that's with any of my foundations. I don't consider it heavy at all. The smell is fantastic to me, though I'm pretty sure it doesn't agree with my skin. It lasts all day with the Becca primer. It is definitely matte, but it still adds dimension. My color is Chocolate Mousse 450G and it matches pretty well. My Estee Lauder Color is Sandalwood 6W1 (perfect match). I also wear Chai in the BareMinerals foundation, though it's a bit lighter than the other two. I'm not sure what my MAC color is since I haven't worn it since high school, but I think I'm either NW45 or NC50, those ever ubiquitous brown girl shades. I use two pumps. One pump gives me medium coverage, two gives me full, but I also have a big face, so I chalk it up to that. I don't mind the plastic bottle even at the price point. I mean glass is luxurious, but I do travel a bit, so I understand the purpose behind the plastic bottle. With that said, I love the look of the bottle.

Everyone's skin is different, and primers do change the performance of foundations, but for my skin and the primer I use, I absolutely love this foundation and have been recommending it to friends.

Stephanie S.
Sicklerville
Review for: Other more...
I love this foundation! I’m in the shade Baklava 340G and it matches my skin tone very nicely! It’s super full coverage and really hides all my imperfections! I love how it has a dewy feel and finish to it because I have dry skin! The only thing thing that I wasn’t the most fond of was probably how it has a perfume-like scent to it! It depends if you like scented foundations, I usually don’t prefer that. However, after using it for a while it doesn’t bother me and I’m used to it! I have pretty sensitive skin and it never really makes me break out or anything!
Dana L.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Dulce De Leche 350G more...
I loveee the texture of this foundation. This is extremely full coverage but it isnt cakey if you apply it & then use a beauty blender. I love that all of her tones are golden & not ashy. It does make you look as though you have a filter on :) sometimes I have to mix her foundations because they look light on me, or put a darker shade of powder over them. I find myself tossing up between tres leches, dulce de leche & macchiato. But I do love them. Only reason why I took away a star is because it has a strong fragrance that I cant stand.
Toni M.
New York
Purchased at: Sephora
I have extremely sensitive skin and a skin allergy (one product actually caused severe acne and welts and scarring), and this product doesn’t make me break out. I wear it for special events and my dance performances, and even after a long day of dancing and sweating, it doesn’t budge and my skin doesn’t feel like it’s been affected. The color I have matches my skin perfectly. I will say that when you apply it, it can dry fairly quickly, but other than that, I swear by it as a full coverage foundation.
Franchesca D.
Which foundation should I buy? Huda Beauty or Fenty Beauty??Huda Beauty #Fauxfilter FoundationFenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Diana R.
Akron, OH
I just got this foundation and tried it on my skin. I’m like not liking it. Is there another foundation that’s full coverage that’s better than this or is this worth the hype and I should give it a few more chances.
Ainsley L.
Beauties, NEED YOUR HELP! Which foundation is better for a DRY/COMBO skin type.. Huda Beauty #Fauxfilter FoundationFenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation What's the best way to apply it for a DRY/COMBO skin type?
Which foundation is better for oily skin?
Anyone knows how to make this foundation less cakey and textured? I’ve used it with a damp beauty blender but it always looked like it’s sitting on top of my skin! Including that it also made my skin look way more textured!  Huda Beauty #Fauxfilter Foundation

Sephora