BY HUDA BEAUTY #14 in Eyeshadow Palettes

A dynamic eyeshadow palette with 18 shades in four unique textures: one dazzling glitter, eight creamy mattes, six shimmering pearl shades, and three duo-chrome toppers. Adventure on an exotic Arabian journey with the latest eyeshadow palette by Huda Beauty. This richly toned palette features 18 versatile shades that can be layered in infinite ways to create a vast array of looks with just one palette. Layer different textures to create unique combinations, or add intrigue to smooth matte shades with a duo-chrome topper. From subtle, natural looks to dramatic statements and bold glittering looks, this palette will become your new essential for all your makeup routines. This palette contains:- 8 x Matte Eyeshadows in Blazing, Saffron, Amethyst, Oud, Amber, Eden, Musk, and Desert Sand- 6 x Pressed Pearl Eyeshadows in Turkish Delight, Angelic, Cashmere, Royal, Nefertiti, and Blood Moon- 3 x Duo-Chrome Topper Eyeshadows in Retrograde, Twilight, and Celestial- Pure Glitter Eyeshadow in Cosmo It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates "Our second palette is filled with vibrant, highly-pigmented shades that reflect the exotic landscape of the Arabian desert around us. We've introduced three new formulas to reflect all its dazzling mystery and charm, in particular the iridescent duo-chrome formulas just completely capture the mysterious desert mirages. I spent so much time to ensure that every shade was absolutely perfect, and every color is so special to me. It was also really important to me that we take all our knowledge and feedback from our first palette, and create something that would showcase our growing experience and knowledge." Huda Kattan

• who wants to try this palett in a voxbox for free ?49 Answers
  • Can't wait to try out this pallet. I currently own one an...4 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype? I just got this today...8 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "C'est le coup de coeur huda beauty it's thé best talent arabic i love this palette it's so pigmented and color it's so amazing i wish de resever cette pallette" in 601 reviews
  • "Yess at finally I got this palette. This palette has the most beautiful colors ever.In love with this I actually got this in my mail today and I even brought it too. So the colors are poppin girllll. The colors are soo pigmented and beautiful. But tge problem with this palette is that there is a bit of fallout there. And the glitter or the shimmer color hudabeauty said in instagram that u should first you have to apply the shadow of the same color of the shimmer so it will just sit there really nicely. In love with this. Must have eyeshadow💙💙💙💙" in 328 reviews
  • "Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette($65.00 for 0.63 oz.) contains eighteen eyeshadows with a mix of matte and metallic finishes across mostly warm-toned hues. The metallic eyeshadows are very, very dense, with some being drier and dense and others being creamier and dense. The ones that were drier tended to yield chunkier pieces of product that were difficult to apply to the lid, even using fingers as recommended by the brand. They had a tendency to emphasize the texture of my lid, which made the area appear more wrinkled and thicker/uneven. I was able to apply the metallic shades with a damp, flat synthetic brush (MAC’s 242) as well as with fingertips (but the brush gave me a lot more precision). Some shades lasted around eight hours while a few were more prone to fallout and creasing after six hours of wear.

What I was more surprised by was just how chalky and thin the matte eyeshadows were with some being better and others being worse in practice. I think that the mattes applied better than I expected, but they were quicker to fade and crease within six to seven hours of wear. One shade wasn’t usable at all; the texture felt like velvet, but it yielded almost no coverage at all. It seemed like the pan was so firmly pressed that no powder was able to come off the surface.

I’m not bothered by the use of cardboard for palettes (they absorb impact better than plastic/metal!), even at this price point, but the cardboard used by the brand is some of the lightest weight and cheapest in feel–it felt thin and dented/scuffed easily. Even the clear, plastic lid felt thin and prone to being scratched/dented/torn." in 88 reviews
Ryan J.
Madison
Huda Beauty was a new brand to me when I got this palette. I had seen the rose gold palette and had lusted over that one, and when this one came out, I lusted over it too. I was wary as I didn't use oranges on my eyes, but after getting many free mini makeovers at Sephora where I decided to go out of my comfort zone and use oranges, as oranges and reds were my least liked shades (I still don't wear red on my eyes). I ended up buying this palette after wanting it for many months at that point. When the shades that intrigued me most, were angelic and retrograde. Retrograde was one of the ones I was getting into, as a brown-purple with light blue shimmer. I had seen a similar shade in a Becca palette, but that one had 6 shades and was $35. I wasn't about to spend that much on that few shades. This palette is $65, so not cheap, but it had more shades and many mattes and transition shades. After getting this palette, I immediately went home and created lots of eye looks with only this palette. My favorite shades shocked me a lot as well. My favorites are angelic, the rose gold ish shade; retrograde, the purple ish brown with light blue shimmer; eden, the light orange; and blazing, the darker orangey red. I expected retrograde and angelic, however the two mattes surprised me massively. They were perfect crease shades for many of the looks I created. I became obsessed with the palette, as I loved the colors, the pigmentation was heavenly, and the blendability was perfect. The only shade I don't like, and by don't like I mean I really hate this shade, is Cosmo. They reason I hate it is it sticks everywhere, gets everywhere, doesn't want to cooperate, and is generally not my favorite shade. I think it looks like Halloween in a single eyeshadow. That shade aside, I adore this palette. I am completely onboard with buying every single Huda Beauty palette from now on. The price is up there, so it's not something I think every person needs no matter what, but if you want a nice palette that has lots of warm tone shades and you can splurge on this, I think it's worth it.
Christina AKA The Cherokee Gypsy (Youtube) C.
Smyrna, TN
This is my first huda beauty product, and I'm literally obsessed. I am a VIB Rouge at Sephora, and was ecstatic to get my hands on the very last desert dusk pallet they had. I always wanted the rose gold, but could never get my hands on it. Now that I own the desert dusk, I have to admit, I am a makeup junkie. I have a youtube channel (The Cherokee gypsy) and it's a hodge podge of all beauty related news, products, unboxing, hauls, routines, ect. I own wayyy too many eyeshadow pallets, and honestly, this is my new favorite. I'm Cherokee and gypsy, so I have a natural medium olive tone skin with warm undertones, and these shades compliment my skin so well. Their are so many diversive looks you can create with this pallet, wether you want just a matte look, a shimmer look, or a full glam look. The shades are stunning, buttery, easily blendable, and honestly a great pallet for eyeshadow begginers too. One shade in the pallet called "cosmo" is a pressed glitter, so all you need is nyx glitter glue, your finger, and your good to go. The pigmentation is there, and the quality of this pallet is justified for the price. If you can't afford Natasha Denona Lila pallet, try huda' s version of her desert dusk. Their are mixed reviews about this pallet, but honestly, I haven't had an issue what so ever with using my pallet. The colors are so diverse, and the formulas are too, that theirs actually a little something for everyone in the pallet. True, 65$ is steep for a pallet, but if your an avid makeup collector like me, then you will greatly appreciate this pallet. It also comes with a huge mirror, and the packaging is quite nice. The duo chrome shades are also pigmented, and are intensified with some mac fix plus on your brush. You can create a subtle look, or you can go full glam. This is truly a universal pallet, and I'm so glad I splurged on this baby. My first huda beauty pallet, and in truly happy with my purchase. If your thinking about it..just go for it!
Allyson G.
Cupertino, CA
This is an absolutely stunning palette. I saw someone on YouTube refer to this color scheme (warm peach and red tones alongside purples and plums) as a "sunset" palette and I think that's an amazing description. All of those kinds of shades flatter green eyes, so I'm very happy I own this palette. I think the shadows themselves are beautiful, though I do wish perhaps that there was one more darker matte, but that's not a big deal--I can always pull one in from another palette if I need to, since these colors aren't the ones I'm going to reach for if I'm doing a quick everyday look. I will say, I swatched this in Sephora and was kind of underwhelmed by the pigmentation of some of the shimmers, but the swatches I did with my own personal palette did not look the same. I'm not sure if that's a sign that the formula changes after prolonged exposure to skin oils (which I hope isn't the case, as I like to apply shimmers with my fingers...) but just something to note because I don't think I would have picked this up after my in-store swatching experience. To be honest, though, I did not pay for this myself and therein lies my main problem with the palette: the price. I feel kind of weird about saying this because I understand that brand owners make the decision about how much to price their product at based on production factors I will never know about, and I also understand high-end brands and perceived value. But I just think $65 is nuts to spend on a single eye shadow palette, no matter how much I might love the colors in it or know I'll get a lot of use out of it. I cringe a little bit at spending $40+ for an ABH palette, and I think that formula is much more consistent than Huda's (sorry, not sorry). So now that I've said my piece about the cost, I feel the need to once more reiterate: I really do love this palette. I just don't know if I would pay full price for it or any of Huda's palettes, even though I think she has an amazing eye for designing palettes and eye shadow is my one true makeup love.
Marium S.
I was very excited when I first come to know that huda beauty is coming up with a new palette my expectations were high cuz I loved her previous 3D rose gold palette she released it last year that got mixed reviews but I absolutely loved the shadows I don't care about the packaging as far as the product works for me anyways!

So I got mine yesterday in the mail with tax it was around $72 it was $71 something.
The packaging is amazing it's beautiful it looks like huda put a lot of hard work on it , this time they put a mirror in their palette which I appreciate.

The packaging says that it's a talc free easy to blend and high pigmentation palette.
Ok I do agree with it somehow.
It also says that it Has
18 eyeshadows
4 ready to wear layered textures
8 buttery mattes (love them)
6 pressed pearls (which are sheer)
3 duo chrome
And
1 daring glitter (which is just a pressed glitter)

My thoughts as I mentioned above in bracket shadows are very pigmented the mattes are my favorites they are creamy and smooth they almost feel similar to too faced just peachy mattes. They are smooth and blendable unlike the rose gold mattes however I liked them too.

There are two bad shades in this palette which are the reason I give it 3 stars , I can forgive the purple shade called amethyst which is patchy but you can still use it with a fix plus to get more pigmentation the shade cosmo doesn't fit in this palette I mean for $65 and with tax this palette is around $72
Which is very pricey and didn't expected a pressed glitter which isn't even pressed hardly in this palette just when I was swatching I put my finger inside and it literally took the a big chunk out of it , and it is now all over my clothes my hands and even on my palette. It's very hard to remove cuz the chunks are big I literally pressed it back but some of it is still on my finger. You need to work hard to remove this glitter it's that messy. I will attach pictures too. I saw huda justifying on Snapchat when people asked her about this shade COSMO that it's a pressed glitter and you can just use glitter glue or fix plus I mean I would I invest in other stuff and spend money to get glue and fix plus to use this palette ??? Like seriously I'm paying $72 and now I have to buy a glue and a setting pray just to use this glitter. I think this palette isn't worth of $65 I would try to return it cuz I don't want my stuff full of glitter. I would never pay $65 plus tax for this palette I don't recommend this at all! This palette should be around $40 it's a nice palette but this shade COSMO DOESNT FIT HERE. It's north worth $65.
I don't know why a lot of YT aren't honest about this palette.
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
The Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette is a stunning selection of 18 warm toned neutrals and plum shades inspired by the desert sunset. I really like that Huda incorporates a variety of textures into her palettes. There are 3 different formulas used in this palette: 8 mattes, 6 “Pressed Pearls,” 3 “Duo-Chrome Toppers” and 1 “Pure Glitter.” The mattes kick up a little powder in the pan but I didn’t notice any fallout upon application. Some shades such as Amethyst feel a little stiff and dry but still apply beautifully. The matte shades are highly pigmented and blend like a dream. The “Pressed Pearls” are very creamy with a terrific color payoff. Blood Moon looks amazing packed on to the lid. I would recommend using your finger or a damp synthetic brush such as the MAC 274 to apply the “Duo-Chrome Toppers” and “Pure Glitter” shades. Cosmo (the glitter shade) can be a little messy, but I was able to make it work by dabbing it on top of one the pearl shadows with my fingers. I really appreciate the versatility of this palette. You can create countless looks with just this palette alone. I always get complimented whenever I wear it. Also, the packaging is very ornate and beautiful. I think the Desert Dusk Palette is a great value at $65 since you’re paying just over $3 a shadow. If this color scheme appeals to you, I’d definitely recommend purchasing this palette.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I'm loving this palette. Want to know the main reason? This company like others like the kvd saint and sinner palette that are all hyped up are NOT selling out in an hour, a day or even a week. They've finally got their stuff together and have product for more than just those who can afford to spend money the minute every palette comes out and has the time to stay up all night waiting for the probably 3am to 7am release. This allows those who work or have to save money to enjoy these palettes too.
Now lets get into the quality of the palette and the formula.
The formula is pretty great. It's no Natasha Denona Eyeshadow but it is pretty high quality. They are pigmented and easy to blend for the most part. In this palette compared to the first palette, the Rose Gold, there are a lot less glitter packed shades and more metallic pigmented shades which work a heck of a lot better. Of course there are a couple shades like that and they are not so great right off the bat. If you try to swatch them you get very far apart glitter specks with no pigment. It's pretty annoying but maybe it can be worked with.
The matte and satin and metallic shades are all pigmented and soft and finely milled with minimal kick up and hardly any fall out whatsoever.
The colors blend together perfectly and as long as you use a primer as a base. You don't need an eye primer for that as much as you've been led to believe you do. Any face primer, concealer or foundation and even lotion can work great as a moisturizing base that can help make your eyeshadow last longer and blend easier and go on more pigmented. These all can.
My only issue with this palette is that no matter how many looks I attempt to make they all end up looking pretty much the same. You get maybe 3 or 3 really involved looks and even they aren't all that dissimilar. I used totally different colors than I used yesterday and the two pics I took showed how very similar they were which was quite disappointing and I really wanted this palette because it was so unique and similar to the ND lila palette I thought I could essentially get the same colors or very similar colors in a good quality palette for half the cost and that's what I did but I didn't get exactly what I wanted.
It works good and the colors are pretty for night, evening, summer nights, vacation, date night and fall.
If you don't own these colors in your collection go and find them. This is a great palette that will last a while and look good on every skin tone.
I definitely recommend. Only buy from approved retailers. That's sephora maybe cult beauty site and the huda beauty site. Trying to find a deal on ebay, mercari, posh mark, etc. Will only get you a fake palette. And it may look similar but its not at all. The colors will be completely differwnt as well as the finishes and that's best case scenario. These places aren't overseen by laws and the FDA so fake make up has given people extreme rashes, burned people, blinded people, made them have serious issues. Its a real possibility and that's worse case scenario. I know its expensive but you're only throwing money away and will be further away from owning the palette because you didn't save that money. So be safe in your shopping but do get your hands on it if you can.
Ashley W.
New Carlisle, OH
I love this palette so much. These are some of the most beautiful shadows I’ve ever seen, let alone used. They’re very soft and buttery shades. Some of those pearly shades look best over other shades. I would recommend either using fingers to apply those ones and the duo-chrome shades, which I also think look good over another shade. Be careful with cosmo, as it’s literally glitter. Use a glitter primer for that shade and I recommend using a damp brush or a finger tip for this. Pat it on the lid very well, so that it stays. That’s the one shade I would say you have to be very light when getting it onto the brush. It will move around fairly easily inside the palette. Overall, these are unique and beautiful shades. I do think a couple of cheaper and similar options would be getting a glitter in a similar shade to Cosmo and the Colourpop Element of Surprise palette. It’s a smaller palette, but is has a few similar shades and pretty great quality for the price point. I know Bad Habit Beauty has a pretty precise dupe for this palette, as well, but I have not tried it. I paid full-price for this palette. As much as I love it, I don’t use it enough to really validate the price. I also am very much a homebody lately and don’t wear dramatic makeup to work.
Jennifer S.
Middleburg Hts, OH
I’ve only used this palette once so this review will be based on my first impressions and will be updated later on if my opinion changes.

The colors are absolutely beautiful. However, they did not swatch too well. Not a big deal because I don’t wear eyeshadow on my arms. Tried it on my eyes which is the true test and struggled - this was a major issue... the colors were patchy, and some didn’t want to show up well. The glittery shades did not apply well despite trying dry, drying with a wet brush, and trying over glitter glue. I finally managed to pull a good look together but it took me forever because the shades were so difficult to work with.

I love the colors in this palette and that there is a mix of mattes, shimmers, and glitter colors but the formula just didn’t cut it on the first go round. I spent an embarrassing amount of money on this for this to not be everything it should be ($65!!) so I am very disappointed right now but will try to use this again.
Brittney L.
The Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette is my first Huda Beauty product and Im obsessed. I haven't been able to put it down and this palette has all the colors I usually gravitate towards (pinks, purples, oranges, etc.) and has the mix of matte shades as well as duo chromes, glitter and one pressed glitter where glue is required. This screams summer sunrise/sunset in a palette. Perfect for those summer days when you want to go full glam or even just a more natural look with a pop. The pigment in this is great and blends very well so definitely recommend for beginners. Although this palette is pretty pricey, I think that is quite affordable and worth the money. When using the duo chrome shades, I highly recommend spritzing it with a setting spray to help it stay on longer and make the color pop more. If you want to splurge on a more pricey palette and into the colors Desert Dusk has to offer, this is definitely a good one to invest in.
Fahren W.
Myrtle Beach, SC
This eyeshadow palette is absolutely gorgeous, so stunning, and this would make the perfect gift #giftcrush for any makeup lover , makeup artist,or beauty enthusiast! Starting with the packaging- made by huda beauty, is to die for! The girl on the front of the palette is absolutely beautiful dripping in a diamond head piece and looks middle eastern/gypsy like, but it certainly amps you up, is very beautiful,is out of this world detailed, and makes you excited for the desert dusk palette inside. When you open the palette, like all palettes contain, there's a piece of plastic to protect your shadows from flaking or breaking, or mixing with others, and this Is the first plastic piece I've ever seen that was not just clear, and actually has gorge eyes printed on it, in a 3d hologram type of print, which again is the little details that set this palette above the rest. There is a full size mirror great for applications in the go or traveling. And inside, are the most gorgeous, mix of eyeshadows I have ever seen, and by far the best eyeshadow palette of 2017 hands down. There's a beautiful mix of matte, satin, glitter, and duochrome shades, some warm toned, some cool, making this palette so versatile, with so many options creatively! Besides the fact that the shadows are some of the prettiest I have ever seen, they are extremely pigmented, there are rare shades that could be worn alone and really stand out, or if you're a makeup artist, there's so many eye looks you could do, so many different shades can be combined to create a gorgeous look, from natural daytime to red carpet glitz AND glam,on any age, and any skin tone! Making this desert dusk palette well worth the price. Also, the shadows are extremely easy to apply, they blend like butter, barely any kickback or fallout, a little on the glitter/shimmer shades, but that's expected, and I normally wet my brush with Mac fix plus, to make these intense unique gorgeous set of shadows, just THAT much more intense. This is a must have for me. The perfect holiday gift. I am in love and obsessed with this palette & I have worked with hundreds of palettes the past few years, & this one takes the cake. This was my first huda beauty purchase, and OMG it's beyond great, beyond met my expectations, it blew me away, I am so happy about this palette!!! Also it is not at Ulta, where I usually shop, I had to purchase it online from sephora (ulta does not have Huda Beauty), but it was so worth buying! I would highly recommend this product to others and I absolutely love it!!!!
Rihab M.
Monastir, Monastir
who wants to try this palett in a voxbox for free ?
Molly W.
Mount Vernon, OH
Is this better than the first one? Is it worth the money?
Emily c.
Worcester , Droitwich
I cant choose between huda beauty dessert dusk or rose gold. What one is the best pallete, is it worth the money?
Ornella I.
Oakton, VA
Should I get this or the Anastasia modern renaissance?
Cassandra L.
Toronto
This one or Morphe Jaclyn Hill palette?