BY HUDA BEAUTY #9 in Eyeshadow Palettes

A dynamic eyeshadow palette with 18 shades in four unique textures: one dazzling glitter, eight creamy mattes, six shimmering pearl shades, and three duo-chrome toppers. Adventure on an exotic Arabian journey with the latest eyeshadow palette by Huda Beauty. This richly toned palette features 18 versatile shades that can be layered in infinite ways to create a vast array of looks with just one palette. Layer different textures to create unique combinations, or add intrigue to smooth matte shades with a duo-chrome topper. From subtle, natural looks to dramatic statements and bold glittering looks, this palette will become your new essential for all your makeup routines. This palette contains:- 8 x Matte Eyeshadows in Blazing, Saffron, Amethyst, Oud, Amber, Eden, Musk, and Desert Sand- 6 x Pressed Pearl Eyeshadows in Turkish Delight, Angelic, Cashmere, Royal, Nefertiti, and Blood Moon- 3 x Duo-Chrome Topper Eyeshadows in Retrograde, Twilight, and Celestial- Pure Glitter Eyeshadow in Cosmo It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates "Our second palette is filled with vibrant, highly-pigmented shades that reflect the exotic landscape of the Arabian desert around us. We've introduced three new formulas to reflect all its dazzling mystery and charm, in particular the iridescent duo-chrome formulas just completely capture the mysterious desert mirages. I spent so much time to ensure that every shade was absolutely perfect, and every color is so special to me. It was also really important to me that we take all our knowledge and feedback from our first palette, and create something that would showcase our growing experience and knowledge." Huda Kattan

• who wants to try this palett in a voxbox for free ?20 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype? I just got this today...5 Answers
  • I cant choose between huda beauty dessert dusk or rose gold. What...8 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Breanna L.
**TBH** 4.5 from the Subway-Blender (I do my makeup on the NYC Subway). Let me be fully honest, I was given this palette as a gift. If this wasn't the case, I don't think I would have dropped the $65 to buy, but I am SO GLAD that my mind has been changed.

**THE DETS** You need to love your purples and your reds for this palettes, because the electrifying looks you will create will be around those colors. You can be creative, but you may not get that deep corner you die for with odo the darkest color. The 8 matte shades are buildable and creamy. Even the Toppers are buttery! Every pressed pearl sparkles, the Duo-Chrome Toppers intensify any look and that Glitter will make your eyes POP! This is a great value for ~$3.60 a shadow. But again, you need to love these colors and I do!

**LOVE WHAT YOU DO** The shadows are easy to blend, easy to place and play well with other palettes. The colors never felt like they got mudy together. I never feel like I repeat a look with this palette, even if they all have the same tone (this happens with any palette). The packaging is gorgeous and I love that HUGE mirror. It makes it very travel friendly. It doesn't feel cheap, but it's light and slim enough to take with you. This very different then what is out there on the market right now, and the versatility can make this a good gift for someone who is learning and a pro.

**SOMETHING HAS TO GO** I can pass on having 3 Duo-Chrome Eyeshadow Toppers. I highly prefer SHIMMERS in place of these. I have seen similar or dupes for these toppers that are shimmers and honestly work better The reason I have this concern is because it's time consuming to have to lay dow another shadow in order to apply some of the most vibrant shades. Is it common? Yes, even at lower price points and fav brands. I have a love/hate relationship with the topper shades due to this. I also wish they put a darker shade then odo in the palette - though this particular shade is a BEAUTIFUL MATTEE. You lose the ability to get that deep, sometimes even smokey look that I kill for when I have so many colors to play with! If I picked out mostly red mattes, for example, Odo doens't give me the depth I need to break up the mono tones. #Noshade

%% Note on Cosmo %% I think it was creative to include a pure glitter shade in the palette. I used this as a topper, without any glue, and I did not experience fall out on my face (just everyehere else on my desk at the time of application). You often get glitters in a gel or cream like consistently and I liked that this one was more dry. I think it's a great addition to the palette, rather then a take away.

Most importantly, I enjoy this palette. I can't knock it down a full star because of preferences, I think overall it is exactly what it was intended to be and lives up to hype. Even better - it's easy to use when getting ready on the NYC subway! (PSA - This palette doesn't make you take awkward photos... I just took all my good photos photos with such bad lighting the clear ones are awkward ;-)
EMMSAYS M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was very excited when I first come to know that huda beauty is coming up with a new palette my expectations were high cuz I loved her previous 3D rose gold palette she released it last year that got mixed reviews but I absolutely loved the shadows I don't care about the packaging as far as the product works for me anyways!

So I got mine yesterday in the mail with tax it was around $72 it was $71 something.
The packaging is amazing it's beautiful it looks like huda put a lot of hard work on it , this time they put a mirror in their palette which I appreciate.

The packaging says that it's a talc free easy to blend and high pigmentation palette.
Ok I do agree with it somehow.
It also says that it Has
18 eyeshadows
4 ready to wear layered textures
8 buttery mattes (love them)
6 pressed pearls (which are sheer)
3 duo chrome
And
1 daring glitter (which is just a pressed glitter)

My thoughts as I mentioned above in bracket shadows are very pigmented the mattes are my favorites they are creamy and smooth they almost feel similar to too faced just peachy mattes. They are smooth and blendable unlike the rose gold mattes however I liked them too.

There are two bad shades in this palette which are the reason I give it 3 stars , I can forgive the purple shade called amethyst which is patchy but you can still use it with a fix plus to get more pigmentation the shade cosmo doesn't fit in this palette I mean for $65 and with tax this palette is around $72
Which is very pricey and didn't expected a pressed glitter which isn't even pressed hardly in this palette just when I was swatching I put my finger inside and it literally took the a big chunk out of it , and it is now all over my clothes my hands and even on my palette. It's very hard to remove cuz the chunks are big I literally pressed it back but some of it is still on my finger. You need to work hard to remove this glitter it's that messy. I will attach pictures too. I saw huda justifying on Snapchat when people asked her about this shade COSMO that it's a pressed glitter and you can just use glitter glue or fix plus I mean I would I invest in other stuff and spend money to get glue and fix plus to use this palette ??? Like seriously I'm paying $72 and now I have to buy a glue and a setting pray just to use this glitter. I think this palette isn't worth of $65 I would try to return it cuz I don't want my stuff full of glitter. I would never pay $65 plus tax for this palette I don't recommend this at all! This palette should be around $40 it's a nice palette but this shade COSMO DOESNT FIT HERE. It's north worth $65.
I don't know why a lot of YT aren't honest about this palette.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could give this beautiful AMAZING palette 10 stars I would in a heartbeat😍😍 I've had it close to 2 weeks now, I wanted to create as many looks as possible and test all the STAND OUT shades so I could give the best review possible!!😊
I know a lot of people wonder if 65$ is to much to spend on a palette but the way I break it down is this: I'm paying 3.61$ per shade if I look at it that way plus add the quality of the palette as well as it being so unique then I can justify it!!!!
Huda created a unbelievable palette here, the shades alone are stunning plus the fact that they are so cohesive together as well is even better!!!
Now don't get me wrong Huda killed it with Huda Beauty Textured Eyeshadows Palette Rose Gold Edition but this one is sheer perfection💍💍💍
Hudas palettes are what I call avant-garde not your normal basic palette here!!
These colors blew me away I honestly didn't even want to use it because it is so beautiful!!
Now for the performance:: With the exception of one color (Amethyst) it's a bit harder to blend and a bit patchy but that happens a lot I've noticed with very vibrant purple mattes, so to me not a big deal and also for those of you that own Huda Beauty Textured Eyeshadows Palette Rose Gold Edition there is one repeat shade (angelic) a beautiful rosey like shimmer shade which I didn't mind either because I've made a pretty good dent in my rose gold one!!!
This screams fall and romance to me with the beautiful orange tones to the firey red shades and the perfect purples!!!
You can create many many different looks with this palette alone, there are plenty of options for crease lid and transition here.
Now the for the duo chrome toppers they are exquisite my favorite being Retrograde the more darker duo chrome of the purples. I LOVE applying these as a halo in my shadow, I recommend using your finger and pat it on or you can lay down some Too Faced Glitter Glue Shadow Primer and pat with a short detail brush for best results!! Note: these shades won't perform well if dusted on like regular shadow tjats why I stress to PAT them!!
On to the pure glitter shade Cosmo I'm glad this was included in the palette it also makes for a perfect halo effect as well just lay down glitter glue 1st and again use a patting motion!!
Overall this is the most well put together palette I've seen in quite some time!!!
Some other amazing stand out shades I love are Eden a very pigmented matte peach that applied perfect, blood moon and Turkish delight are so stunning and blazing a matte saffron orange is to die for!!!😍😍😍
This is THE palette you want to splurge on I promise you for those that love feeling like a goddess when wearing makeup please don't pass this DIAMOND💍💍 up!!!
I can't imagine what Huda will come up with Next!!
Fahren W.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
This eyeshadow palette is absolutely gorgeous, so stunning, and this would make the perfect gift #giftcrush for any makeup lover , makeup artist,or beauty enthusiast! Starting with the packaging- made by huda beauty, is to die for! The girl on the front of the palette is absolutely beautiful dripping in a diamond head piece and looks middle eastern/gypsy like, but it certainly amps you up, is very beautiful,is out of this world detailed, and makes you excited for the desert dusk palette inside. When you open the palette, like all palettes contain, there's a piece of plastic to protect your shadows from flaking or breaking, or mixing with others, and this Is the first plastic piece I've ever seen that was not just clear, and actually has gorge eyes printed on it, in a 3d hologram type of print, which again is the little details that set this palette above the rest. There is a full size mirror great for applications in the go or traveling. And inside, are the most gorgeous, mix of eyeshadows I have ever seen, and by far the best eyeshadow palette of 2017 hands down. There's a beautiful mix of matte, satin, glitter, and duochrome shades, some warm toned, some cool, making this palette so versatile, with so many options creatively! Besides the fact that the shadows are some of the prettiest I have ever seen, they are extremely pigmented, there are rare shades that could be worn alone and really stand out, or if you're a makeup artist, there's so many eye looks you could do, so many different shades can be combined to create a gorgeous look, from natural daytime to red carpet glitz AND glam,on any age, and any skin tone! Making this desert dusk palette well worth the price. Also, the shadows are extremely easy to apply, they blend like butter, barely any kickback or fallout, a little on the glitter/shimmer shades, but that's expected, and I normally wet my brush with Mac fix plus, to make these intense unique gorgeous set of shadows, just THAT much more intense. This is a must have for me. The perfect holiday gift. I am in love and obsessed with this palette & I have worked with hundreds of palettes the past few years, & this one takes the cake. This was my first huda beauty purchase, and OMG it's beyond great, beyond met my expectations, it blew me away, I am so happy about this palette!!! Also it is not at Ulta, where I usually shop, I had to purchase it online from sephora (ulta does not have Huda Beauty), but it was so worth buying! I would highly recommend this product to others and I absolutely love it!!!!
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm loving this palette. Want to know the main reason? This company like others like the kvd saint and sinner palette that are all hyped up are NOT selling out in an hour, a day or even a week. They've finally got their stuff together and have product for more than just those who can afford to spend money the minute every palette comes out and has the time to stay up all night waiting for the probably 3am to 7am release. This allows those who work or have to save money to enjoy these palettes too.
Now lets get into the quality of the palette and the formula.
The formula is pretty great. It's no Natasha Denona Eyeshadow but it is pretty high quality. They are pigmented and easy to blend for the most part. In this palette compared to the first palette, the Rose Gold, there are a lot less glitter packed shades and more metallic pigmented shades which work a heck of a lot better. Of course there are a couple shades like that and they are not so great right off the bat. If you try to swatch them you get very far apart glitter specks with no pigment. It's pretty annoying but maybe it can be worked with.
The matte and satin and metallic shades are all pigmented and soft and finely milled with minimal kick up and hardly any fall out whatsoever.
The colors blend together perfectly and as long as you use a primer as a base. You don't need an eye primer for that as much as you've been led to believe you do. Any face primer, concealer or foundation and even lotion can work great as a moisturizing base that can help make your eyeshadow last longer and blend easier and go on more pigmented. These all can.
My only issue with this palette is that no matter how many looks I attempt to make they all end up looking pretty much the same. You get maybe 3 or 3 really involved looks and even they aren't all that dissimilar. I used totally different colors than I used yesterday and the two pics I took showed how very similar they were which was quite disappointing and I really wanted this palette because it was so unique and similar to the ND lila palette I thought I could essentially get the same colors or very similar colors in a good quality palette for half the cost and that's what I did but I didn't get exactly what I wanted.
It works good and the colors are pretty for night, evening, summer nights, vacation, date night and fall.
If you don't own these colors in your collection go and find them. This is a great palette that will last a while and look good on every skin tone.
I definitely recommend. Only buy from approved retailers. That's sephora maybe cult beauty site and the huda beauty site. Trying to find a deal on ebay, mercari, posh mark, etc. Will only get you a fake palette. And it may look similar but its not at all. The colors will be completely differwnt as well as the finishes and that's best case scenario. These places aren't overseen by laws and the FDA so fake make up has given people extreme rashes, burned people, blinded people, made them have serious issues. Its a real possibility and that's worse case scenario. I know its expensive but you're only throwing money away and will be further away from owning the palette because you didn't save that money. So be safe in your shopping but do get your hands on it if you can.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely LOVE this palette. When I very first saw it, I thought it was stunning but I didn’t want to spend the money on it because I didn’t hear the greatest reviews on her first palette and I thought this would be the same. However, I purchased this during the VIB Rouge sale and am SO happy I own this. The color arrangement in this is so freaking beautiful! Many people were saying that this was super similar to the Natasha Denona Lila palette and that if you owned one you didn’t need the other. In my opinion, I disagree. I own both of these palettes and love both of them for their differences. The colors are similar in the sense that there are many pinkish purples in both but I don’t think they are similar enough to say one replaces the other.

The shades are super soft and pigmented and they blend out really well if you set your eyes properly (for me personally). My eyelids do grab pigment if I don’t prime and set them. I can’t say that I would repurchase this for the original price but it’s definitely one that I would buy with a coupon again. Also, the packaging is absolutely AMAZING! Definitely in my top 5 favorite eyeshadow palette packaging. I highly recommend this to anyone who has been eyeing it!
Angela R.
Dallas, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a make up artist I was crazy excited for this unique gem. This palette is amazing! I am a big fan of all Huda products and truly loved the first palette! This is even better! I totally recommend it. The shades are so me and blend seamlessly. You can create SO many looks with this! The true glitter is super fun. And after it sets it stays put without fall out. I think twilight is my favorite from the palette. The mattes are creamy and very easy to work with. The shimmers work well dry, but even better damp which is how I apply all my shimmers anyway.I'm not sure why people think a review is "I'm excited to get it!" How is that helpful to consumers unsure if they should purchase, by the way you can purchase this item at Sephora💜 Reviews are AFTER you try a product. Geez! #GiftCrush #Contest Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette 🎨
Kristina N.
Thomaston , CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I’ve been wanting this eyeshadow palette since I heard it was coming out. I finally got the chance to get it and it is so much more beautiful in person. As soon as I saw it I just saw so many different looks you can create with it. I just couldn’t wait to use it, but at the same time I didn’t even want to use it because it is just so beautiful.
There are so many different possibilities with this palette from your everyday looks to more bold looks. There are 18 different shades in 4 different textures. You have soft mattes, duo chromes, shimmers, and glitters all of which are very vibrant. The shade ranges are amazing that go from light tans to orange/reds/burgundy’s and gorgeous shades of purples/pinks.
The packaging is very nice and is great quality and has a very nice large mirror and the quality of the shadows are amazing. They are extremely creamy, pigmented and blend effortlessly. They last all day long. At the end of the day my eyeshadow looks as if it was just applied!
Some of the shimmers do have some fallout but it is very minimal. I absolutely love how well all of the shades work together to create the perfect looks only needing to use one eyeshadow palette.
For the price of 65$ I find this to be absolutely 100% worth it. The size is well worth it and the quality is definitely there!! This is my all time new favorite eyeshadow palette and I definitely recommend it.
Mikayla D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am absolutely in love with this palette! I actually won it in a giveaway and was very excited, since I probably never would've gotten it for myself because of the price! The packaging is absolutely stunning with Huda's eyes! The shade selection is so beautiful! All of the shades are so pigmented and blend beautifully, with the exception of the shade, Amethyst, which is a little trickier to blend, but purples are a bit harder to formulate. The shadows last all day long with a  primer and are simply gorgeous. The duo chromes are beautiful, especially twilight! There is one pressed glitter shade, which you would definitely need a glitter glue with, but that doesn't bother me. You can create so many looks with the palette and I love the fact that it has a nice mirror! Overall, it is a stunning palette and I would highly recommend it, even though its $65! Its definitely my #GiftCrush! :)
Tanya C.
Geneva, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just gotta say that I am in love with this palette!! I've watched enough review videos on this palette to come to the conclusion that I would be completely smitten with it if I bought it, or received it as a gift!! The packaging is gorgeous, and sturdy, the quality is said to be wonderful, and its long wearing!! It's everything I look for in an eyeshadow palette!! The only thing that stops me from buying it, is the price point. It's a bit expensive for a palette of eyeshadow, but as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for", right?? Well, this would be my choice for a "crushgift". Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette
Rihab M.
Monastir, Monastir
Beauty Junkie Expert
who wants to try this palett in a voxbox for free ?
Emily c.
Worcestershire
I cant choose between huda beauty dessert dusk or rose gold. What one is the best pallete, is it worth the money?
Hope B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette does this have any fall out and how is the pigmentation? Also is it blendable?
Sidrah g.
Dubai, Dubai
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which one would you choose Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette or Huda Beauty Textured Eyeshadows Palette Rose Gold Edition Comment below your favorite..❤😊
Elyzavia H.
Basel
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it worth the hype? I just got this today...