BY HTC INSPIRE 4G #77 in Smartphones

HTC Inspire 4G
  • "The battery life isn't great- it'll get you through your day if you don't use it much, so long as you charge it nightly." in 18 reviews
  • "When it was new it was a mid level phone but now it is no more than a decent backup phone to use until you're new phone is shipped." in 9 reviews
  • "It was great when I first got it but after the first year it would ring when no one was calling, it started freezing up all the time." in 8 reviews
  • "My apps crash and even though I have no apps downloaded, my phone is constantly telling me I have "insufficient storage available"." in 5 reviews
  • "The battery life was pretty good in the first year but now it charges slow and dies kind of fast." in 5 reviews
Adisa J.
Clackamas, OR
This was my first phone in the past. I had it for few years until it froze and stopped working. Otherwise, before it died I've never had any issues. It had a lot of nice features and was easy to use.
Megan K.
Rosenberg, TX
I will say that this isn't the best phone I've ever had, but by far not the worst either. The battery life isn't great- it'll get you through your day if you don't use it much, so long as you charge it nightly. But, if you're like me and enjoy listening to your music and playing games on it, then be prepared to carry a charger with you at all times. Aside from that, it's pretty nifty. It's frozen a few times since I started using it, but nothing unmanageable. The speakers are boss compared to most others I've used in the past when listening to your music sans headphones/earbuds. I will say that my absolute favorite thing about this phone is HTC's tech support. It will keep me an HTC customer for life if they just keep doing what they're doing. About a month ago, my phone froze, and I had trouble getting it to turn back on. Their tech support ran through things I've downloaded and pointed out a few apps that the Android has trouble with routinely, and helped me get things fixed up with a warning not to download those particular ones again. They were friendly, polite, professional, and incredibly helpful. I had had a very bad day that day, and the fact that they were very on top of the problem and got me up and running again so quickly really made things a lot better. If I could grade HTC support instead of the phone, they'd get an A for sure. So, even if this particular model still has its issues and problems (like most phones do, let's face it), I'll remain an HTC customer, and watch them evolve their products.
Laimarie A.
Carmel, IN
So I bought this phone about a year ago and after I downloaded some games like Temple Run or even tetris, the phone will start to freeze up and turn off. I really don't like how it freezes up and even when someone calls me sometimes the screen is black and I can't pick up, because it is touch screen, but it keeps on vibrating or ringing, because there is a call. Sometimes it does take photos of the screen without me even pressing the camera on it. On the other hand, it is an okay phone with a very good camera and lots of storage. It does do everythig that a iphone does, except FaceTime and it does freeze alot, and siri, but I think it is a good phone over all. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't play a lot of games on their phone and who would use it mainly for talking, taking pictures, and texting. The internet does also freeze the phone, but you can still use. I give it a C+.
Marina T.
Valley Spgs, CA
When I first got this phone I was so excited. The at&t guy that sold it to me said it was the hottest phone. Selling better than the iPhone. It had a bigger size and was WAY MORE personalizable. Both true. But that is its only pros. I have had this phone for two years and I am ITCHING to get rid of it and get am iPhone. Since two months in with this phone I have had nothing but issues. It freezes way way way to often. The battery life sucks. My volume button fell off and so I can no longer take off my case without losing the button. Which is a problem because this is my only case and its ugly. Very few "cute" cases are on Amazon it eBay for this product. My apps crash and even though I have no apps downloaded, my phone is constantly telling me I have "insufficient storage available". I am in desperate need of a new phone.
Amber E.
Caldwell, TX
I have had the HTC Inspire for about a year and a half now and it has held up pretty good. After about the one year mark it started messing up, it doesn't function well anymore. It freezes a lot now and I have to take the battery out to restart it. As far as the design of the phone, it is very nice, I like the weight and speaker a lot. I like the widgets on it and the home screen options are nice. The battery life was pretty good in the first year but now it charges slow and dies kind of fast. The memory is great, I take a lot pictures and videos and it has never ran out of space. The camera is good too, the pictures are not blurry and the flash is bright. Over all this was a good purchase. It has hanged on for this long so I am pleased with it. I will be getting a new phone soon though.
Jamie W.
I had this phone for only a year, and it sucked. It broke on me and the side volume button broke off. I had a cheaper phone that lasted longer than this phone. I must say, the graphics are awesome on this phone. This phone resets itself on and off on random periods of times. It got really annoying. It even freezed on me a couple times and it was just terrible. And then once my phone said I needed to do an update, it crashed my phone when i did the update. After the update, my phone wouldn't turn on. i went into at&t, and they said they couldn't fix it, so i had to buy a new phone. i was so pissed. So then, i had to purchase a new phone which was the HTC One X and I am in love with it. I had always been a android fan, and so far, this is the best android phone i had ever bought.
Miranda S.
I used this phone for a little over a year. At first I was thrilled, after switching from a BlackBerry that kept resetting itself randomly. I loved the big screen, vivid detail, and how easy it was to figure out. My happiness didn't last long when my first phone shattered. I replaced it, but after just a few months I dropped it from a seated position, with it in an OtterBox case, and the display under the screen shattered after a less than 3 foot drop! Over the next months the screen became increasingly unusable as big voids in pixels appeared. The phone had already been freezing and acting funny with certain apps before the drop, and that just continued to get worse despite many resets.
Rachel H.
Pembroke Pines, FL
I had this phone for two years and up until the very end it was a great phone. Like with most smartphone the battery life isn't incredible but I could get through the whole day without having to charge it (up until the end where the battery got old and had to be charged halfway through the day). The phone was fairly fast and more often than not worked well with all the Android apps that I downloaded. My only issue was that towards the end of the second year of owning it my phone would crash and/or freeze and need to be restarted. Overall it's a good phone but kind of old and HTC has advanced since first releasing this phone so there are better ones available.
Jessica G.
Odenton, MD
I love my HTC Inspire! Now that could be because I love HTC in general. It's a good sturdy phone, I accidentally dropped it from the 2nd floor of a club down to the first and didn't damage it at all. The space on the phone isn't much but keeping most apps on your SD card helps with that. The setup is basically the same on most HTC phones, with a home screen and then several screens that you can add widgets to.

The only thing about it I wish was better is the camera its nice but not great if you want to take a few quick photos at a concert. Then again I tend to not really take photos at concerts but the few times I have the photos haven't been the best.
carolyn m.
I have had this phone for two yrs the length of my contract and it has been nothing but a horrible experience. About 6 months after having the phone the problems began. The phone would freeze and get stuck on a black screen and I would have to take the battery out to reboot. I have had nothing but problems since . Sometimes I get call and texts other times I don't. I even took the phone to a ATT store and the Sales Rep became frustrated with my phone because he turned it off and it took to long to come back up. I am counting down the last month and 1/2 till this contract is up so i can get a new phone. I would not recommend anyone get this phone.
Michelle M.
Seabrook, NH
Is the battery good?
Crystal Y.
Harrisburg, PA
Techie Expert
Has anyone had to not replace this phone after a couple months of use?
Erin F.
Connersville, IN
Can anyone tell me if all HTC's phones are like this one with being slow/freezing a lot?
Rashaud B.
Mattapan, MA
Does anyone like this phone? Seriously!
Suezette B.
Fall Creek, WI
Can someone please tell me if HTC Phones are better than Samsung at keeping a battery charge?