HSI Professional Glider 1
2 colors available

HSI Professional Glider 1" Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron

BY HSI PROFESSIONAL #1 in Hair Straighteners

The Proffesional HSI Flat Iron is great for transforming frizzy, dull hair into gorgeously straight, sleek locks. Aside from straightening, the Proffesional HSI Flat Iron curls and flips hair beautifully, its 1" plates giving maximum control for all hair types. With flash quick heating and swivel cord, this iron provides great style without making a mess or taking too much time. Featuring new easier grip with ergonomic design for easier hold, the styler flat iron also has versatile heat settings to provide you with total control for all your hairstyling needs. Moist ceramic heat with solid ceramic plates and coils will maintain even temperature. see more...

• I am looking for a hair straightener that is good quality, leaves t...1 Answers
  • Has anyone used this flat iron and liked it?3 Answers
  • Does it damage your hair after using it for awhile? 2 Answers
HSI Professional Glider 1
HSI Professional Glider 1" Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
Buy on Amazon
Halszka K.
Halszka K.
Tustin, CA
I have literally nothing bad to say about this flat iron. It came in beautiful res box. When I opened I was surprised how many things is inside for this price point. 5ml Argan Oil for Your hair, whole black ceramic flat iron, beautiful red satin holder sleeve and anti burn glove. I don't use flat iron on daily basis, only few times a week. I did this time :). Beautiful results! It warm up fast, You can choose between variety of temperatures and is make Your hair look sleek but not burn/dry. I don't know how it perform for a long run but as for now I would recommend it.
MaryAnn C.
MaryAnn C.
San Diego, CA
This product is the best straightener AND curler (Yes, curler!) I have owned. My aunt who is a professional hair dresser has given me pro products and it does the same...probably even better! I have wavy/curly/frizzy hair and this thing works wonders! Either I can use it to straighten it or if you just twist it away from your face then pull down, it creates awesome curls!! Also, when mine broke HSI repair process was unpainful and fast! I highly recommend and would definitely buy again if mine broke!
Blu e.
Blu e.
This is a great straightener, it's not as cheap as a drug store one but you can definitely tell the difference. It works very well, I use to have a drug store straightener and it did not work as well as this one, therefore I think it's worth the money. Plus I don't think it's one of the more expensive one either so if you want something in between high end and drug store I think this one is the one to get. It also works great for curls.
Christi M.
Christi M.
Dexter, MO
Wellness Guru Expert
I was super excited about this purchase until I used it. It won't stay hot at all. I don't have time to mess with letting it heat back up after every couple passes. I'll have to get another Chi straightener.
Also, in the packaging was a small bottle of oil for hair that leaked and soaked into the travel bag.
Yoldaris J.
Yoldaris J.
I love this iron, this is the use and regardless of the type of hair can be sure that will straighten, and the oil that comes is great, and best of all is that its price is quite affordable, I consider it a of my best shopping!
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Grayson, LA
I'm super happy with this iron! Not only is it pretty, but so light weight and heats up great-with temp control options! Came with the prettiest bag to store in. The price was perfect on Amazon-it was a great gift!
Carmen W.
Carmen W.
Powder Spgs, GA
I use the HSI tourmaline flat iron at least twice a week. The product straightens my hair without much effort. Amazon offered this great iron for my very thick course hair. I would definitely buy this again
Katie S.
Katie S.
Port Orchard, WA
Wellness Guru Expert
When it comes to those daily routines, many of us find that doing our hair is just a part of that. For myself and my daughter, we not only have some unruly curls that like to pop up when it is humid out, but we also have the issue of frizz that we deal with on a daily basis. So like many who have those morning hair routines where we seek out the solutions to combat those curls and frizz, we find that having a flat iron is a must. And with the HSI Glider Ceramic Flat Iron that we were sent for review, we can use it and add it to our daily hair routine.
With the HSI Glider Ceramic Flat Iron we can use it to straighten out those curls, and also to help reduce the issue of frizz. It is great for having to not only give us a basic style, but also to use when we go to create other styles. We can do so because with this flat iron, we get ceramic plates that have 8 HeatBalance® micro-sensors on them that helps to evenly distribute the heat on the plates. This allows us to get a more balanced tool, helping to save time since we will have to do less passes when going to straighten and style our hair, and also helps to keep the hair from getting too hot.

Then when it comes to the time it takes for the iron to heat up, I like that this iron heats up quickly and that we can adjust the heat accordingly between 140-450°F to accommodate the different hair types. Along with the heat control I also like that with the curled edges on the plates, we can use them to either give our hair a more controlled curl to it or use the edges to get a more straight look. Which in all makes the HSI Glider Ceramic Flat Iron a great choice to go with when seeking out a flat iron to add to your daily hair styling routines!

Product received, thank you to HSI Professional as well as the PR for supplying me with a product for this review, all opinions are my own.
Jamie L.
Jamie L.
Watertown, NY
Wellness Guru Expert
The HSI Glider Ceramic Flat Iron has to be my favorite hair straightener right now and in fact my favorite over any others I have owned in the past. The sleek design is what caught my attention as well as the product capabilities that it claimed to have. It was an affordable price of  $79.99 on the HSI Professionals website. It may seem costly to some people, but when your looking for a long lasting, durable, and high quality product, you will most certainly find it here.The HSI Glider Ceramic Flat Iron comes in a nice box with bonus items. It has of course the flat iron but also included are: A hair styling guide (which is actually quite helpful so you really need to check it out), A lovely red pouch for storage/protection, a 1 year warranty certificate (which I love because the company truly believes in their product and wants consumers to be satisfied), a free sample of their Argan Oil Leave in Treatment, and a black glove to use if needed for heat.What I love most about the HSI Glider Ceramic Flat Iron is that it literally heats up in seconds. I was not expecting that at all, but it was hot enough to use in less than 45 secs. The temperature controls are 140-450 degrees with a dial to adjust accordingly. I like the 360 spin cord as well because it never gets tangled and moves with me not against me. Product use is very easy and instructions aren't even needed but are provided.After using the flat iron with a few sections of hair, I noticed quite quickly that I didn't have to repeat the straightening process ten times. It straightened my hair with only a few swipes and then done. This is an A+ in my book because it save me time for hair prep. I also noticed that my hair was a great deal smoother and also less frizz was occurring. It used to take me a good 30 mins to get my hair tamed and ready to go. With the HSI Glider, it only took me 10 mins and I was done and ready to style.As mentioned before, you receive a free sample of their Argan Oil Leave in Treatment, and let me just say that them giving customers a free sample will have you hooked to the product. My hair was sooooo soft, I mean like silk. Hair was more hydrated and nourished and I couldn't believe that a small sample like that would do such big things. I went to the website and ordered a full bottle because that's how much I was impressed and loved the product.Over all I have to say that this was a really great experience for both my hair and I. It's truly a one of a kind product that I'm glad I came across because I have much more confident hair. I will be recommending this to my friends and family. They might even be lucky enough to get one as a gift if they are nice enough LOL.
Bri S.
Bri S.
Wellness Guru Expert
The first thing I noticed about the flat iron was the look of it, it has a very clean design with a matte black finish and textured handle. The plates are infused with tourmaline and have eight Heat Balance Sensors (4 on each plate) to help regulate temperature and distribute heat evenly. The plates have a curved edge giving you the ability to curl or flip your hair as well. I was impressed with how durable the power cord feels and that it comes with a Velcro cord keeper strap attached to it. I really like the cord keeper because it makes it a lot easier to keep the cord neat and easier to store. The cord swivels 360° so it doesn’t get tangled while you’re using the product. This is a small feature that I like because I have dealt with flat irons in the past where the cord was stationary and always got tangled while I was using it. There is a temperature dial that allows you to adjust the temperature from 140°F to 450°F and it’s simple to adjust. I just wish there were more temperatures labeled on the dial to make it easier to determine what you have it set on (it’s only labeled 140°F and 450°F, nothing in between). The flat iron heats up pretty quickly; it took about two minutes for it to heat up to 450°F. However, I did notice that after a few passes through my hair the indicator light turned red telling me it wasn’t completely heated up to the temperature that I had it set to. I do like that the indicator light changes to green letting you know that it’s reached the desired temperature and switches to red when it isn’t. The only issue I have with the indicator light is that it is on the bottom of the iron. I personally think that is a weird place to put it; I would want it somewhere that I can easily see it. The flat iron also came with a free sample of Argan Oil Leave-In Treatment, a heat-resistant protective glove, and a storage/travel bag. The glove and bag are really nice and are great additions to the product. I would have liked for the flat iron to have some type of lock on it to keep it closed when it’s not in use. I think this would help protect the plates from getting damaged and make it easier to store. Overall, the product works really well and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a flat iron of this type. I honestly did not have any problems with the functionality of the product; the few suggestions I had about the product were mainly just personal preference. I really like the product and the results that I’ve had using it. I received this product for free in exchange for a review, but all opinions are completely my own.
Emily W.
Emily W.
Everytime I try to review a product, a pop up comes and says that I need to do a thought out review. But, It is already long and thought out.
Christina A.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Wellness Guru Expert
Has anyone used this flat iron and liked it?
Meghan T.
Meghan T.
Does these straighten hair as good as any others
Shan P.
Shan P.
windsor, ON
I've been using the same straightener for years and it leaves my hair straight but not shiny and pretty the way my ionic curling wand does. I heard good reviews about this straightener and was wondering if this shines and and keeps everything in place like my curling wand.
Kym T.
Kym T.
Auburn
Does it damage your hair after using it for awhile?