HSI Professional Glider 1

HSI Professional Glider 1" Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron

BY HSI PROFESSIONAL #1 in Hair Straighteners

The Proffesional HSI Flat Iron is great for transforming frizzy, dull hair into gorgeously straight, sleek locks. Aside from straightening, the Proffesional HSI Flat Iron curls and flips hair beautifully, its 1" plates giving maximum control for all hair types. With flash quick heating and swivel cord, this iron provides great style without making a mess or taking too much time. Featuring new easier grip with ergonomic design for easier hold, the styler flat iron also has versatile heat settings to provide you with total control for all your hairstyling needs. Moist ceramic heat with solid ceramic plates and coils will maintain even temperature. see more...

• HSI Professional Glider 1" Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron !! ...1 Answers
  • I am looking for a hair straightener that is good quality, leaves...1 Answers
  • Usually I run away from straighteners this inexpensive because th...1 Answers
HSI Professional Glider 1
HSI Professional Glider 1" Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
Buy on Amazon
Halszka K.
Tustin, CA
I have literally nothing bad to say about this flat iron. It came in beautiful res box. When I opened I was surprised how many things is inside for this price point. 5ml Argan Oil for Your hair, whole black ceramic flat iron, beautiful red satin holder sleeve and anti burn glove. I don't use flat iron on daily basis, only few times a week. I did this time :). Beautiful results! It warm up fast, You can choose between variety of temperatures and is make Your hair look sleek but not burn/dry. I don't know how it perform for a long run but as for now I would recommend it.
MaryAnn C.
San Diego, CA
This product is the best straightener AND curler (Yes, curler!) I have owned. My aunt who is a professional hair dresser has given me pro products and it does the same...probably even better! I have wavy/curly/frizzy hair and this thing works wonders! Either I can use it to straighten it or if you just twist it away from your face then pull down, it creates awesome curls!! Also, when mine broke HSI repair process was unpainful and fast! I highly recommend and would definitely buy again if mine broke!
Blu e.
This is a great straightener, it's not as cheap as a drug store one but you can definitely tell the difference. It works very well, I use to have a drug store straightener and it did not work as well as this one, therefore I think it's worth the money. Plus I don't think it's one of the more expensive one either so if you want something in between high end and drug store I think this one is the one to get. It also works great for curls.
Christi M.
Dexter, MO
Wellness Guru Expert
I was super excited about this purchase until I used it. It won't stay hot at all. I don't have time to mess with letting it heat back up after every couple passes. I'll have to get another Chi straightener.
Also, in the packaging was a small bottle of oil for hair that leaked and soaked into the travel bag.
Yoldaris J.
I love this iron, this is the use and regardless of the type of hair can be sure that will straighten, and the oil that comes is great, and best of all is that its price is quite affordable, I consider it a of my best shopping!
Jennifer W.
Grayson, LA
I'm super happy with this iron! Not only is it pretty, but so light weight and heats up great-with temp control options! Came with the prettiest bag to store in. The price was perfect on Amazon-it was a great gift!
Carmen W.
Powder Spgs, GA
I use the HSI tourmaline flat iron at least twice a week. The product straightens my hair without much effort. Amazon offered this great iron for my very thick course hair. I would definitely buy this again
Kir H.
There are many flat irons out there with variety of costs.  Some go above and beyond, looking like a piece from "Inspector Gadget"; some are just too flimsy. Some are very cheap and survive a day or two; some are very expensive, you would need another job or two, just to afford the instruction manual.  HSI Professional on the other hand is moderately priced and based on what I see and feel shoud last you a long time.

I got this flat iron because of how fast it heats up and how easy it is to use.  I am very satisfied from both ends.  No doubt about it.  Looking at the overall, this retains all the features of a high end system, without the high end cost.

When I plugged it in, it took less than 30 seconds to heat-up to comfortable temperatures.  It took less than a minute to get to the ideal temperature.  There is an On/Off button to ensure it is on when you need it and off when you don't.  What I didn't do is to time the cool-off schedule.  The other feature I really liked is the swivel cord.  It is designed in a way that it swivels 360 degrees, so it doesn't tangle up while you are working on your hair.

As for the ceramic plates, I think those are the main events and wanted to keep it for last:  They feel pretty sturdy for the job and smooth enough to let through each strain of hair.

Here is my dilemma: Return or retain.  I would like to retain, because it does everthing my wife needs it for her hair.  I would like to return it, because I just found out they have an upgraded model.  It is much more expensive, but I think it is worth it to upgrade.

So, if you are looking for a flat iron which does a good job and heat up in a heart beat, this is it.  If you are looking for an upgraded model with digital display, HSI Professional website actually has the answer for you.

Jennifer P.
Franklin, IN
Wellness Guru Expert
I believe this is a great qualiy flat iron. I didn’t have it cranked up to the highest heat setting since my hair is thick but not TOO thick and it worked great at that setting. The only thing about the heat setting dial I don’t like is that it doesn’t have the different temperature increments so you can see exactly what temprature you’re setting it at. The only number it has on it is the highest one. I think it should have the different ones so you can see what temperature works best for you.It has a on/off switch as well as a light to show you when it’s on.It has a 360o swivel cord. This is great so you don’t have to do a lot of juggling and things when using it and it doesn’t get tangled up.It comes with a heat resistant bag for traveling as well as a glove you can wear when using it to protect your fingers.It does heat up pretty quick and I like that. Most flat irons you have to plug them in and let them set for a little bit before they’re hot enough. I would plug mine in and turn it on, go do my makeup, get dressed, and then it would finally be ready to go. Not with this one. It was ready to go before I got my makeup even halfway done. It cools down just as quickly too which is great if you’re rushing in the mornings.The only other thing I would say that I don’t like is that it doesn’t have a little built-in stand or anything for when you need to lay it down on your table or vanity. I used the travel bag when I used it, but I think it would be a great idea to add that.I would definitely recommend this flat iron to anyone looking for a new one. It’s great quality! They also have curling wands and other hair products as well and I think I’m going to save up some money to buy another one of their products!I have a video up on my YouTube channel about it as well if  you want to check it out!
Sidney C.
HSI generously sent me their Professional Glider Ceramic Flat Iron complementary for testing purposes. I've been using it about a week now and I'm super happy with it. Immediately upon opening it up, I had a great first impression because it came with "extras" - a great cloth travel bag, heat protection glove, and an Argan Oil Sample. Due to it's light weight and speedy heat up, this is now my go-to straightener for when I'm traveling (so that travel bag sure comes in handy!). The adjustable heat settings and auto-off on this baby are also a big plus. Most importantly, this doesn't snag my hair at all! I am prone to having frizzy hair but this straightener clears that up in a hot second (haha) and when I use the included Argan Oil sample, my hair is left soft and smooth.

Please note that I received this product complementary for testing purposes, however, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Meghan T.
Does these straighten hair as good as any others
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Wellness Guru Expert
Has anyone used this flat iron and liked it?
Kym T.
Auburn, CA
Does it damage your hair after using it for awhile?
Emily W.
Everytime I try to review a product, a pop up comes and says that I need to do a thought out review. But, It is already long and thought out.
Ye M.
Doral, FL
I want to buy an iron. Is it worth it?