H&R Block uploaded by Kristi C.H&R Block uploaded by Billy Fay K.H&R Block uploaded by Jamie S.

BY H&R BLOCK #2 in Tax Preparation Services

H&R Block
H&R Block is expensive! I was filing my taxes with them for the past 5 years or so. I decided not to file my taxes with them this year because I’m in a different tax bracket now & I refuse to pay H&R Block over $300 in fees. When I look back on my tax documents, H&R Block charged me over $300. How expensive! That’s money I could have saved. Even though they are expensive, you do get the peace of mind knowing that if you were to get audited, & they did something incorrect on your taxes, they take responsibility. Their customer service is okay. I was going to the same lady all the years I filed my taxes with them & she provided me with good service. The main reason why I give H&R Block two stars ⭐️ is because they are expensive & they just want more money from their clients.
Annalee C.
Temecula, CA
My husband and I have been filing our taxes together through H&M’s block for last 5 years. I love it. The people are alway super nice, and explain everything without making us feel like we’re been talked down to. We just bought a house last year that we were able to claim on this year’s taxes and woman how filed all our paper work told us a whole list of things we could be deducting now that we’re home owner. So helpful, honestly. The only down side is that it’s kind of expensive to file through them, but every other year there’s a discount for military members, so next year we’ll have a discount.
Kim B.
central islip
This place just wants your money. Cost me extra to file taxes because of a HSA account my company has, mean while it wasn’t any extra work. They also messed my address up and my state tax check got mailed to them and at the time I was away in college and they refused to mail it or allow my parent to pick it up. The office was seasonal too so by the time I got home from school I was out of luck. This was a few years ago and I contacted them a few times about it and still never received it, they gave me such a runaround. Switched to turbo tax right after this incident.
Elizabeth C.
Wilkes Barre, PA
So my cousin have been doing my taxes for like 4 or 5 years now. He works at H&R block and I love that you can set up your appointment online and then go there for your appointments. Normally I am a pretty busy person last tax season I worked 3 different jobs including selling mary kay so getting in to see him in almost impossible. Going there is always nice, I was going there straight from work and they had bottled water and packs of crackers for customers. Its always very professional and they always do a great job with my taxes.
Gena S.
Pentwater, MI
I've been doing my taxes through this company for 22 years now, and have never been disappointed. In the Early years, when one actually had to go in to the office, there tended to be a wait while others did theirs as it was a first come, first served deal. Later on one could make an appointment and avoid the line. Now I can do it all online for a small fee. I like that the fee gets taken out of the taxes OR you can pay up front. Nice option. They keep all my info in their database. Doing my taxes is a pleasure thanks to [product:h&r-block].
Ashley M.
Wheaton, IL
Can I leave 0 stars?? The WORST. I had used this company for 2 years in a row without issue (besides the huge cut they take) until I was contacted by the state stating they never recieved my filings that H&R block "supposedly" submitted for me in January (5 mos prior). After many calls to the location I got my taxes done at & getting cussed out by a customer service rep at corporate, they finally realized their store rep "forgot" to submit it but somehow placed the blame on me. What a nightmare! NEVER AGAIN.
Amanda W.
El Paso, TX
I started to file my taxes online but decided to go into an hr block because we had some tricky situations. When the person doing my taxes got the same total we had she reccomend just filling them online since it would save me over 200 in the filing fees. I really appreciate that she didn’t just tell me to file then and there and saved us money. I will be using and reccomending H&R Block in the future. I know they really helped us get the most from our taxes. The website was extremely user friendly!
Jessica M.
Gallipolis
We have had our taxes done by a couple companies. We recently stayed with H&R Block. Depending on who at H&R does your taxes, depends on your experience each year. Because thats what you want when you go to file. Someone who explains everything to you and actually teaches you something about taxes. So every year you better understand your taxes. And H&R does really well to have employees who do that. 4 Stars cause I would recommend them to others, however it does depend on the person who does them.
Hilary B.
Lincoln, NH
My husband and I go to H&R Block to do our taxes every year, for about 10 years now. It's so convenient because they already have our information saved, so we can just get right down to business and be out of the door in a half hour. The agents are always so nice and helpful, it really helps to make a stressful situation into a more pleasant experience. I have complete confidence that H&R Block will do our taxes correctly and promptly, and ensure that we get back the biggest tax refund.
Lisa R.
Wilmington, DE
I don't mind coming here to have my taxes done. My boyfriend and I have been going here for the past 2 tax seasons, and the 1st time was awful. You can just tell we were a bother to the lady. And when ever we asked her about our donations we made, which were more then a few, she huffed n puffed, and then told us it wasn't worth doing, cause we would only get back 25$. N we were like, don't u guys say u do what u can to get us the most. Well maybe to her 25$, is nothing. Plus she also told us my boyfriend couldn't file me on his taxes, which we thought was weird. So last year, we made sure to not ask for that lady, cause she's still there. We had the sweetest, and nicest lady ever. She told us that we got nothing but wrong information last year. My boyfriend could file me, which now he does. Plus this lady toke her time with us. She answered any and all questions we had. We're hoping she's still there this Year, cause we only want her. I also think their fee is extremely high.
Teresa D.
Browns Mills, NJ
Did es anyone know if they have coupons this year
John M.
Port Monmouth, NJ
I understand that some people who have basic taxes use this, but why use this if you have any sort of deductions?
Naketah O.
When does tax preparer classes start?