H&R Block uploaded by Kristi C.H&R Block uploaded by Billy Fay K.H&R Block uploaded by Jamie S.

BY H&R BLOCK #2 in Tax Preparation Services

H&R Block
H&R Block is expensive! I was filing my taxes with them for the past 5 years or so. I decided not to file my taxes with them this year because I’m in a different tax bracket now & I refuse to pay H&R Block over $300 in fees. When I look back on my tax documents, H&R Block charged me over $300. How expensive! That’s money I could have saved. Even though they are expensive, you do get the peace of mind knowing that if you were to get audited, & they did something incorrect on your taxes, they take responsibility. Their customer service is okay. I was going to the same lady all the years I filed my taxes with them & she provided me with good service. The main reason why I give H&R Block two stars ⭐️ is because they are expensive & they just want more money from their clients.
Amanda A.
Novinger, MO
I feel like you don't get a lot from H &R Block for what they charge you to do your taxes. For two years my husband and I went there and he had taxes taken out for two states do to a company error and the lady doing our taxes just couldn't wrap her head around how to do 2 separate state tax returns and had to call her supervisors and corporate ect. Like really? ? Not rocket science and this is what you guy's job is, is doing taxes but you can't manage a simple thing like this?? Then we got screwed out of additional deductions because they just skipped over them because they were in a hurry and behind. Never again! !! $285 for a nightmare. Turbo tax from now on.
Jessica L.
Livonia
I have used H&R Block to file my taxes many many times. I actually even used them to file last year. They are a great company and I completely see why so many people choose them over other places. They make filing super easy because they do all the work for you! I am not sure if there is an online option through them to file yourself as I have always just went in to a location and had mine done. It usually takes about an hour to do and could possibly even be faster as long as you provide all the information needed. The one thing I will say that I don’t necessarily like is the wait time. It seems like every time I go, whether I have an appointment or not, I am sitting in the waiting area for an hour or more so that’s what takes the longest. Another thing I was not happy with as on last year is that the man who filed for me did not seem very friendly and just wanted to rush through it so I found out I did not receive as much back as I should have, which is a bummer to say the least. That was my first experience with someone being unfriendly though so I won’t base my experiences as a whole off of that one time. Overall I think this is a great company for people who are looking to have their taxes done for them without really having to do the work (to file) themselves.
Kim B.
central islip
This place just wants your money. Cost me extra to file taxes because of a HSA account my company has, mean while it wasn’t any extra work. They also messed my address up and my state tax check got mailed to them and at the time I was away in college and they refused to mail it or allow my parent to pick it up. The office was seasonal too so by the time I got home from school I was out of luck. This was a few years ago and I contacted them a few times about it and still never received it, they gave me such a runaround. Switched to turbo tax right after this incident.
Kaicey W.
We have used both the free e-file for service members and the paid for, in office service from H&R Block and have been pleased with both. For simple returns, I prefer to do them myself online and H&R’s system makes it very easy. It walks you through each step of the process and shows you how everything effects the refund along the way. Our in office experience was great as well and if your taxes are more complex, I would advise going that route. It was a bit pricey but that’s with any service anymore. It’s worth the money to know they’re done right, though.
Elizabeth C.
Wilkes Barre, PA
So my cousin have been doing my taxes for like 4 or 5 years now. He works at H&R block and I love that you can set up your appointment online and then go there for your appointments. Normally I am a pretty busy person last tax season I worked 3 different jobs including selling mary kay so getting in to see him in almost impossible. Going there is always nice, I was going there straight from work and they had bottled water and packs of crackers for customers. Its always very professional and they always do a great job with my taxes.
Gena S.
Pentwater, MI
I've been doing my taxes through this company for 22 years now, and have never been disappointed. In the Early years, when one actually had to go in to the office, there tended to be a wait while others did theirs as it was a first come, first served deal. Later on one could make an appointment and avoid the line. Now I can do it all online for a small fee. I like that the fee gets taken out of the taxes OR you can pay up front. Nice option. They keep all my info in their database. Doing my taxes is a pleasure thanks to [product:h&r-block].
Allison C.
Taunton
Worst experience ever. Went a week ago today to get my taxes done. My tax specialist had an issue with MH insurance purpose. She said she would have to finish tomorrow and call me back with the final numbers. She asked how I am paying for this, I asked her how much is it!? She tells me $310. I said “ok and I wil be covered if anything went wrong right?” She tells me “that’s another $40” so “350”. Well okay- still overpriced but ok. I ask her if I should provide a voided check for direct deposit she said “no I just need the numbers. And I have your signature saved if the computer so you don’t need to come back” days go by I’m emailed and she says “I’ll call tomorrow- I’ll call tomorrow” Saturday I get a text- federal accepted. State accepted. Still no call. I go online to look Sunday- I’m charged *$450* and still no call back. So $100 more and never discussed before charging me. So ignorant. A week now and still nothing. How is that even legal??? Part of the $100 more is $40 for the first deposit. But never informed me before charging.
Chelsea H.
Mustang, OK
I had one h&r block lady completely mess up my tax return last year. I personally had to call the IRS to figure out how to fix the issue (which if you have ever had to call them, it takes atleast an hour or more!) and I was very upset about the whole ordeal. The manager was very nice and ended up fixing my return for me and waiving my fees with them (which would have been 200$? 3?) It was a lot. I'm uneasy about using them again this year but since they fixed it and sincerely apologized I will give them another try..
Ashley M.
Wheaton, IL
Can I leave 0 stars?? The WORST. I had used this company for 2 years in a row without issue (besides the huge cut they take) until I was contacted by the state stating they never recieved my filings that H&R block "supposedly" submitted for me in January (5 mos prior). After many calls to the location I got my taxes done at & getting cussed out by a customer service rep at corporate, they finally realized their store rep "forgot" to submit it but somehow placed the blame on me. What a nightmare! NEVER AGAIN.
Teresa D.
Browns Mills, NJ
Did es anyone know if they have coupons this year
John M.
Port Monmouth, NJ
I understand that some people who have basic taxes use this, but why use this if you have any sort of deductions?
Naketah O.
When does tax preparer classes start?