- "I thought the books were fun, easy to read, followed a great story line, always had a surprise, and just had me waiting till the next one came out." in 14 reviews
- "In the first book within the first couple chapters a blow job is shown in great detail, I remember being 16 and being weirded out." in 13 reviews
- "love love this book series on of most favorite vampire series , missing two books but can't wait for the 12th and final book to come out near my birthday , a very well written book series by a mother and daughter I will forever be their fan " in 11 reviews
- "I started reading them they werent for me gave them to my old friend and he said there great.He couldn't put the book now." in 9 reviews
- "I have actually stopped reading them for the moment and based on other reviews, I probably won't pick them back up." in 8 reviews
I loved the idea of females being the powerful sex in this world, goddesses and such it was fun to see. Zoey and Stevie Rae really grow and change embracing there gifts given to them (lots of girl power).
Aphrodite I have to say was one of my favorite characters in the first book she definitely is a hag from hell (trust fund baby) but she has a total transformation with out loosing her personality.
I was impressed with the Damien - Jack relationship I feel many authors shy away from writing about a gay relationship and I thought it was done well.
I didn't feel like any character was forced or not needed I liked all of them and although I wasn't completely sold on the books right off the story does improve as it goes along. The Stevie -Rae - Rephaim relationship has me intrigued. The plot itself is interesting and the use of religious and Cherokee legends only added to that.
What had me a little confused was I thought these Vampyres acted more like witches with the elements, rituals, circles etc not necessarily a bad thing just totally different from what I expected. Also kids who are marked its down to DNA, that took a while to get used to...
The whole Zoey can't make her mind up between numerous guys kind of got tiresome...don't get me wrong I liked all the guys! lol. But blah I mean the girl can fight darkness but cant pick a man after 5 or 6 books it feels like REALLY?
Who ever proof reads these books well Ms Cast needs to fire them I found so many mistakes!
The use of language and sexual content also had me questioning who these books were aimed at... not a 13yr old that's for sure.
I did like the use of pop culture although at times it was a little like over kill...
If you see these books give them a go I liked them, just don't expect Cassandra Clare standard of writing because its not but in my opinion still worth the read.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos