BY HOUSE OF CARDS

In Michael Lessac's lugubrious House of Cards, women's intuition beats out psychology in the battle against autism. The story begins in Mexico, where a little girl named Sally Matthews (Asha Menina) lives with her parents, scientists studying ancient ruins. When her father falls to his death, Sally is comforted by a Mayan mystic that tells Sally her father has gone to the moon. When Sally, her mother Ruth (Kathleen Turner), and her brother Michael (Shiloh Strong) return home to North Carolina, Sally begins to retreat into autism. She first stares silently at the night sky. Then she shrieks when Ruth wears a baseball cap the wrong way. Finally she develops the habit of scaling the roof of the house and other tall structures. This makes Ruth realize that there is something seriously wrong, and she takes her to see Dr. Jacob Beerlander, a psychiatrist who is an expert in autism. As Sally retreats more and more into herself, Beerlander and Ruth clash over the scientific approach versus the intuition of a mother. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi see more...

• Will there be a season 3?8 Answers
  • Do they bring anything sensuality to politics the way Scandal does?3 Answers
  • When is the next season coming out4 Answers
House of Cards
  • "Started the first season and can't wait to carve out more time to binge watch the rest so I am caught up for next season!" in 8 reviews
  • "Great show once you start watching it, it becomes an addiction you will enjoy and like it as well !" in 5 reviews
Daniel T.
Alright Let's Talk: House Of Cards (HOC) is a triumph. This show in tandem with Orange is the New Black paved the way for original content on Netflix. HOC is a dark, political thriller that draws you in with every moment. You follow the main character, played by Kevin Spacey, through his journey to power: by any means necessary.....

Let me break it down:

- The first and second seasons will keep you GLUED to the screen. It's is ripe with blackmail, conspiracy, sex, and murder. Just as the Good Lord intended

-The third season: is slow. BUT, it's setting you up for what is to come in seasons four and five. So grin and bare it. The best is yet to come...

-The fourth and fifth season: oh my God, just so good. I won't give anything away but I watched the fourth season in 36 hours and all of the fifth nonstop! I literally did not have the ability to stop.

You're in for a ride. So sit down, shut up, and just watch it already. You won't regret it.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is one of my favorite shows ever! Kevin Spacey does such an amazing job as Frank Underwood. You find yourself rooting for the devil himself. Not only that but the plot line is great, so many twists and turns. It really makes you think about the politics in the US government itself. You never what's going to happen. This is like Game of Thrones, modern day D.C. version. You'll easily be hooked!
Sabrina M.
Austin, TX
This is one of my favorite shows I've ever watched.  I binge watch each season when it is released.  The characters are extremely complex, and Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright handle the complexities with ease.  Each character is cast perfectly, and the dramatics behind each episode, while exaggerated, are 100% what I expect real-life backdoor politics to be like.  If you are a political junkie like me who loves dramatic series, this show is perfect for you!
Sarah S.
Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are absolutely stunning in this show. I've always been big fans of both, but they blew me away with this. This show is incredibly intense and really gives such an insight into politics and what might actually go on behind government doors. It becomes a really scary reality. It is quite a thriller and both Spacey and Wright take you for one hell of a suspenseful ride.
Meghan E.
Nashville, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
So the week of Christmas I came down with a really bad cold, and what better thing to do then binge watch Netflix while you're sick in bed? I'd actually tried to watch house of cards before but couldn't get past the first episode (the dog scene really threw me.) well my parents and brother were addicted and I kept seeing frAnk underwood Facebook posts so I figured why not give it another chance? Oh my gosh! So dang good. I watched all three seasons in a week and a half and am anxiously awaiting the fourth. The plot twists are shocking (especially in the first two seasons.) it's a cut throat show with clever writing and the Underwoods make for a compelling team to watch. It's definitely originally and gritty. How could you not get addicted?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Excellent! Very fast paced and exciting and sexy and fun! Very true to D.C. Lifestyle and very fashionable as well. A great show to get lost in and always be wondering what will happen next. Amazing.
BJ W.
Bristol, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Simply the best show I have ever seen and I don't say that lightly! This show really gives you an often scary insight into the inner drama of American politics. Kevin Spacey, a long time favorite of mine, gives the performance of his lifetime as Frank Underwood. Yes, even better than Lester Bernham and Verbal Kint. You just love to hate him in this show. I feel slightly bad for rooting for him but root for him I do. This is the standard that all TV shows need to be measured by. Check this series out and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Kathryn W.
Pfafftown, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is one of my favorite shows, and just great to binge watch because it is filled with mounting crises and drama! Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are just perfect as Frank and Claire. I sometimes find this show intense and disturbing because the characters make some horrible moral judgments to remain in power or secure protection. The upside is that I have learned a lot about government and politics. This is a great, or maybe scary and thought provoking haha, show to watch during this election season!!
Alma R.
Seattle, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Holy crap Princess Buttercup! Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are excellent in this series. You just love to hate them and you can't turn away. Netflix has really stepped up it's game challenging the networks. Who needs regular TV and cable when you have excellent content on Netflix. I hate when I'm done with the last episode because it leaves you wanting for more and going through withdrawals while you wait for another series to start or next year for the new season.
Michelle L.
Hinckley, OH
I had heard for quite some time how people loves this show. I hadn't seen an episode up until about a week or so ago and was skeptical at first since I'm not a big fan of political shows. I watched an episode and was hooked...I'm almost done with the second season already! The acting is great and some of the characters are ones you should hate but still want to succeed and love. I love that they do whatever it takes to get what they want. It just keeps sucking me in more and more! It's just kind of a bummer that after I'm done binge watching all three seasons I'll have to wait a year until the next season!
Christina C.
Mission, TX
Do they release the whole season at once?
Carrie P.
Knoxville, TN
Will there be a season 3?
Kayla B.
Seville, OH
What is the basis of the show? I have heard good things about it why do you love it?!
Rozeta V.
Toronto, ontario
What is this show about ? I'm curious been thinking about checking it out .
Laura J.
Georgetown, TX
When is season 3 debuting?