House Foods Tofu Shirataki uploaded by Sharr S.House Foods Tofu Shirataki uploaded by Ella P.House Foods Tofu Shirataki uploaded by Kassidy S.

BY HOUSE FOODS TOFU SHIRATAKI

House Foods Tofu Shirataki.
20 calories.
3g carbs. 2g fiber per serving.
Spaghetti shaped noodle substitute.
Perishable.
No cholesterol, no sugar.
Gluten-free.
Vegan.
*Guilt-free. see more...

Shifra S.
Bala Cynwyd, PA
As someone who is always looking for healthier alternatives, these are definitely my favorite. I've tried zucchini noodles, cauliflower, rice, and etc but it never did the trick. These are the closest thing to pasta without having the calories. The key with these is to strain and rinse them very well --- they do have a bit of a fish smell but leave them in the sink to dry for about 10 minutes and the smell will subside. These have to be cooked - either boiled, microwaved, or sauteed. I sauteed mine in a pan with sesame oil and garlic and then topped with salmon and veggies. I will admit, these did not taste EXACTLY like pasta (nothing ever will) but they were definitely the next best thing. A bit chewy but these noodles take on the flavor of whatever you put on them. i will definitely be buy more. I bought the regular spaghetti but they also sell elbows, angel hair, and fettuccine. Also, good price.
Amy Z.
Frankfort, NY
If you can get beyond the smell these are a great diet friendly substitute for Noodles in Asian dishes. You can add marinara sauce to them but due to the texture it's not really comparably to normal pasta. I rinse mine and drain them and then put them in a dry pan and cook out some of the water. Then use them
However and they usually come out decent. A little chewy, and smell like fish upon opening but at about 5 calories that's a sacrifice you have to make.
Kassidy S.
The key to liking these noodles is cooking them correctly! Dry roasting brings them to a consistency & taste similar to rice noodles.

1. Place the noodles in a strainer & rinse them for 2-3 minutes. This gets rid of the alkaline water that they are stored in. The water does initially smell fishy- but I promise they will not taste that way.
2. Place the noodles in a skillet over medium high heat. Keep tossing them around until they make a squeaking sound. While they are in the skillet you can add a few drops of lime or lemon juice if the noodle continues to smell different to you.

They are used best in dishes such as Lo Mein or a Pad Thai!
Jessica R.
Sherman Oaks, CA
These are a great pasta substitute! They are gluten free, vegan and low carb! You can eat a bunch and feel full but hardly have any calories. They do have a strong smell and you have to make sure to prep them otherwise they taste funny end can be to slimy. Great in stirfry or topped in mushroom sauce. You can find them for a buck or two at most markets. Recommend.
jessica g.
Baltimore, MD
These are my favorite of the shirataki noodles. This brand is the best and this shape is the best of all of their noodle shapes. If you make it correctly (rinse and dry very very well) the weird smell/taste goes away. They don't taste exactly the same as pasta, so don't expect that or you'll be disappointed. But if you're like me and are looking for a pasta substitution with a TON less calories then try these out.
Courtney M.
Hebron, KY
YUM! These are the best pasta substitution! People wouldn't know the difference! Doesn't taste like anything other than the sauces you use on it! Inexpensive and portion packaged!
Victoria Z.
Hollister, CA
I love these! I would never use them as pasta though. I am part Japanese and know what to do with these noodles and how to prepare them deliciously.
Ella P.
Portland , OR
Tastes alright, a bit weird but not horrible. Not sure if I will get again, I prefer Shiritaki Miracle Noodle Fettuccini 24 Pack
Lindsey P.
Murrysville , PA
I tried these once and did not like them. I think they tasted like rubber bands. Even my dog wouldn't eat them
Sharr S.
Tempe
Absolutely delicious. For the price I was amazed how much this tasted like ramen from our favorite spot!