BY HOURGLASS #14 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

What it is:
An ultra-refined powder formulated with light-reflecting particles to blur imperfections, packaged in an innovative sifter designed dispense the perfect amount of product.

What it does:
This setting powder blurs the appearance of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles for an airbrushed finish. The innovative gold sifter and custom cap allow for the perfect amount of product to be dispensed. The formula is infused with diamond powder for the most refined light refraction without any flashback, and sets makeup for longer wear. This translucent powder, formulated without talc, leaves an invisible finish, and is perfect for all skin tones.

Suggested Usage:
-Using the Veil™ Powder Brush (sold separately), pick up a small amount of powder and tap off the excess.
-Apply powder all over the face to set makeup.

• Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting PowderHourglass Veil™...1 Answers
  • I want to hear from the ladies who have used this! Is thi...3 Answers
  • Hey guys!!! i have been dying to buy the new hourglass ve...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
This setting powder is magic! I’ve tried a bunch of setting powders and I love some more than others, but this Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder is so different from the rest. It is very very finely milled. It feels soft and smooth on the skin and it is not too matte. A little goes a long way. Compared to other setting powders I was surprised how little of this powder I needed for my whole face. Once applied to the skin it seems to melt into the skin and disappear. It blends with the rest of makeup so well. I used it to set my undereye concealer as well as the rest of the face and just after setting my face looked so flawless and perfect that I knew it’s going to be a good makeup day. This powder kept my makeup in place all day long and I didn’t need to touch it up. It made my skin look fresh, smooth, radiant from inside (not shimmery/glittery). I just started using it, but I already want to get a backup

I also love the design of the container. It dispenses the right amount of powder, it’s not messy and due to the lid’s design it is good to travel with.
Jenis/Style R.
Alexandria, VA
Such a great (and complimentary, woo-woo!) setting powder and brush combo! Ladies, this set is what you have been looking for!!

Normally I'm skeptical when it comes to superlative claims made about relatively simple products. But not in this case.

This Setting Powder and Brush Set by Hourglass Cosmetics delivers! It is, hands down, the best complimentary set I've ever received.

Right from the start, my impression of this set was positive. The packaging was beautiful and elegant, the scent of the powder delicate and refined, and the brush clearly of high quality. Definitely gonna keep this set on top of my go-to list!

I loved the finish of the powder and how it felt on my skin -- not slippery, not sticky, not dry, but just right. Such a heavenly sensation!

What's more, this superb powder helped set my makeup perfectly. I could not have asked for a better result.

Finally, and super important as you all know, the brush felt light in my hand and super easy to use. Such a high-quality item! This will stay in my makeup rotation forever!

Anyway, what are you waiting for? Go out and get yours today!

#MagicOfVeil #contest #complimentary @HourglassCosmetics @Influenster
Amanda M.
Frankln Frnce, OH
Let me start off buy saying I did not receive this product as a sample or for testing. I bought this on my own after hearing all the hype, I’m so glad I did!!! This is hands down 100% the BEST powder I have EVER used!!! Usually I can tell the first time If i “really” love something and will continue to reuse it over and over...Sometimes I may try a product a couple times before sitting it aside if it’s good but not great , or if it doesn’t give me that WOW factor . And the very first time I used this, it gave me the wow factor. I have pushed my Laura Mercier powder aside for this . 1 time is all this product took for me and I’ve been using it for weeks since. I have normal to dry skin. It really melted all my makeup together for a seamless look . It felt so silky and soft. Totally obsessed!!! I highly recommend this product. I’ve became more and more obsessed with hourglass products!! I’m hoping to try the new brow gel next! I also use veil primer for a reference . Hourglass Veil Mineral PrimerHourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder
Bree B.
Woodland Hills, CA
LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I have used many different setting powders from many different brands but this one takes the lead by far!! Hourglass products never disappoint, but this one is truly a game-changer! I have used so many setting powders in the past, but I didn't really care to continue using them because they always left my face looking too powdery, dry, and ghostly but this one does the exact opposite! It sets my under eyes beautifully, along with the rest of my face and it lasts all day without creasing under my eyes! My makeup lasts way longer and looks incredibly smoother once I apply this. The powder is so silky and the packaging is so luxurious! Also, I have sensitive skin and this does not irritate it at all or make me break out and I appreciate that it is talc-free. This powder has become a staple in my makeup bag and I cannot recommend it enough! Thankful to @influenster for sending me this product complimentary for my honest opinion because this powder is truly amazing and I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!
Nadia V.
Los Angeles, CA
This is quite possibly the first product by Hourglass in my collection, I have always wanted to try something by the brand but I never actually added it to my cart. According to CrueltyCutter Hourglass does not test on animals (yay!) On to the review!
The Veil Translucent Setting Powder claims to reflect light, blur imperfections and helps makeup last longer. It is formulated with diamond powder to reflect light with no flashback, and it does not contain talc.
I have normal skin and I definitely noticed the light reflecting particles. I have used matte under eye setting powders for a very long time, but I like the luminous finish on this as my under eye area always looks brighter when I use this setting powder. If I want a dewy, more luminous look to the rest of my skin I make sure to set the rest of the skin with the powder.
As I have used this, I haven’t noticed any creasing beneath the eye area. My concealer sets nicely and lasts all day even after working in front of a steamer all day.
As for packaging, I love the sifter and the cap as they facilitate the application process. All I have to do is tap the bottom portion and it dispenses the perfect amount of powder!
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
Attention all my beauties! As I’m sure most all of you have seen or heard that @hourglasscosmetics released two New products Tuesday and I am freaking out over both of them! I could not wait to post my thought and review about both these products. First they released their Veil Translucent Setting Powder and omg 😲 I honestly couldn’t believe what I was using on my face! This is the BEST yes the BEST setting powder I have used for my oily skin in years!! It is so silky feeling and it literally MELTS in your skin! I was shocked when I saw it literally melted on my face and made it look flawless. It doesn’t take but a small amount of the powder to set your entire face and never made my face look powdery or chalky looking like some can do. I can not stress to all my oily skin beauties how much you have to try this setting powder. I promise when you do, you will come back and thank me for it. Highly recommend! You can purchase this at Sephora!
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Uhm this setting powder is absolutely beautiful. It’s so easy to apply and looks good under the eye as well. I have drier skin and didn’t dry me out so I think it’s universal. I will DEFINITELY be purchasing again. It’s literally like a filter for your face. It makes the under-eye/face look so smooth and pore-less without making me look matte and dry/cakey. I love that all the Hourglass powder product have this ethereal/glowy finish to them without being over the top. I say it all the time but all the Hourglass powder products are so perfect for brides! But I love them for everyday. I seriously think this will be my new holy grail setting power because I have not been able to put it down since trying it and I’m so happy I just purchased it without waiting for reviews and based my own opinion myself. It is amazing I highly recommend checking it out. You will not be disappointed!
Leora T.
I got this and the brush free in a voxbox and WOW! The powder itself is light and fluffy in texture and very comfortable to wear, invisibly eliminates unattractive shine with a satin/ semi-matte finish without drying or leaving white patches under my eyes. I have combination/dry skin and I prefer a glowy look so this is a great powder for me as I really like the silky finish which I find lasts most of the day. 🌞 One of the coolest things about it is the packaging. Most high end powders have a twisting sifter with holes that can be closed to avoid spillage but after a few uses this mechanism ALWAYS fails bc powder clogs the plastic and stops it from properly twisting. With this pretty gold sifter and special cap the problem is solved - the holes are placed in an H pattern at the bottom of the sifter and the cap has a circular barrier that, when closed, limits the amount of powder that comes out. So instead of a hot chalky mess every time you try to apply the powder you always get THE PERFECT AMOUNT. AND you can travel with it, a major plus for me. This is not the cheapest powder out there and I got it free for sampling purposes, but it’s only a few dollars more than the Laura Mercier setting powder for practically the same amount of powder, so I will definitely be switching. I’m hoping the sifter and cap helps it last longer. Might not be the right thing if you have very oily skin or if you like to bake with pounds of powder, but for me it’s a slam dunk 🖤
Claudia C.
Philadelphia, PA
Goodbye Cake Face?

I was so excited to try this new translucent setting powder by Hourglass. Since the days are getting hotter, I start to sweat and my makeup does not stay flawless. It becomes a sort of “cake face” that we all definitely dislike.
This Veil Setting Powder by Hourglass has helped me get rid of that pound cake look.

This product has helped me to stress less when my face is concerned.
What I like the most about this setting powder is that it is translucent. I am a dark skinned Latina. Most setting powders for my skin would make me look pale. This powder blends very well with my skin.
Also, it does not leave any residue, which is quite a relief.
Eileen D.
I received this product complimentary for testing purposes through influenster. This powder is so good! I primarily use it as an under eye setting powder. I used it to lightly sweep underneath the eyes and the bake (though I didn’t keep it on long; maybe 30-60 seconds max). It didn’t look cakey under the eyes, my under eyes didn’t feel dry, and it did set the concealer. I never use translucent powders all over my face so I can’t say if it sets the whole face well. I did not look ashy or grey (I have dark skin). I did not have any flashback with flash photography. While I can appreciate what they were trying to do with the container, it is a bit annoying that I have to pat the bottom to release product. I have oily skin and this worked well. Excited to continue using.
Carol J.
I only wish I could have gotten this vox box or Beccas new powder...........Is it worth it? I am still on the hunt for the perfect setting powder especially under my eyes.
Jomanda M.
new rochelle
Hey guys!!! i have been dying to buy the new hourglass veil setting powder and brush but its pretty expensive. please please tell me is it worth the money? Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting PowderHourglass Veil™ Powder Brush
Sarah O.
Washington, DC
Danielle M.
Philadelphia, PA
I’m so hesitant cause I have some big powders I use and like but I so wanna get this I’ve heard so many good things !! I hope they make a mini
Samantha R.
Liverpool, NY
I am a powder junkie! I have tried Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, Sisley Paris Phyto-Poudre Libre, 1 Irisee - Sisley-Paris, LA MER The Powder, and BY TERRY HYALURONIC HYDRA-POWDER - Colorless Hydra-Care Powder, 10 g. Can anyone compare this product to any of these powders, all of which are favorites except the laura mercier for me?