BY HOURGLASS

What it is:
An ultra-refined powder formulated with light-reflecting particles to blur imperfections, packaged in an innovative sifter designed dispense the perfect amount of product.

What it does:
This setting powder blurs the appearance of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles for an airbrushed finish. The innovative gold sifter and custom cap allow for the perfect amount of product to be dispensed. The formula is infused with diamond powder for the most refined light refraction without any flashback, and sets makeup for longer wear. This translucent powder, formulated without talc, leaves an invisible finish, and is perfect for all skin tones.

Suggested Usage:
-Using the Veil™ Powder Brush (sold separately), pick up a small amount of powder and tap off the excess.
-Apply powder all over the face to set makeup.

• Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting PowderHourglass Veil™...1 Answers
  • Is this powder drying under the eyes?2 Answers
  • I want to hear from the ladies who have used this! Is thi...3 Answers
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
This setting powder is magic! I’ve tried a bunch of setting powders and I love some more than others, but this Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder is so different from the rest. It is very very finely milled. It feels soft and smooth on the skin and it is not too matte. A little goes a long way. Compared to other setting powders I was surprised how little of this powder I needed for my whole face. Once applied to the skin it seems to melt into the skin and disappear. It blends with the rest of makeup so well. I used it to set my undereye concealer as well as the rest of the face and just after setting my face looked so flawless and perfect that I knew it’s going to be a good makeup day. This powder kept my makeup in place all day long and I didn’t need to touch it up. It made my skin look fresh, smooth, radiant from inside (not shimmery/glittery). I just started using it, but I already want to get a backup

I also love the design of the container. It dispenses the right amount of powder, it’s not messy and due to the lid’s design it is good to travel with.
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
Attention all my beauties! As I’m sure most all of you have seen or heard that @hourglasscosmetics released two New products Tuesday and I am freaking out over both of them! I could not wait to post my thought and review about both these products. First they released their Veil Translucent Setting Powder and omg 😲 I honestly couldn’t believe what I was using on my face! This is the BEST yes the BEST setting powder I have used for my oily skin in years!! It is so silky feeling and it literally MELTS in your skin! I was shocked when I saw it literally melted on my face and made it look flawless. It doesn’t take but a small amount of the powder to set your entire face and never made my face look powdery or chalky looking like some can do. I can not stress to all my oily skin beauties how much you have to try this setting powder. I promise when you do, you will come back and thank me for it. Highly recommend! You can purchase this at Sephora!
Nicole A.
Baltimore
First off, I don't particularly care for setting powders. Most that I have tried just don't look good on my skin and leave my skin feeling really dry. I feel like my base always looks cakey when I use loose setting powder. My under eyes is a whole other story. Even when I find a powder that I don't mind, I still have had very little luck with powders for under my eyes. Enter Hourglass Veil. This stuff is very nice. I have tried about every other loose setting powder there is and haven't been particularly fond of any of them. This powder really leaves your skin looking flawless and doesn't take away any natural radiance. It almost has a brightening effect. I can also use this under my eyes. My undereyes have always been extremely finicky when it comes to concealer and powder but this works beautifully. It is really finely milled and blends right into the skin. I use a fluffly powder brush and little product on most days. You can also use a beauty blender to push it into the skin if you need to. I find that a light application looks the best on my skin. I finally feel like my search for a setting powder that works for my skin is over!
Christine N.
This is a nice powder but I still prefer my Laura Mercier translucent powder. If this one hadn’t broken me out, these two would really have been neck to neck.

Pros:
- Talc-Free.
- Gives skin that luminous blurred look much like the Hourglass finishing powders.
- This somehow manages not give your face a powdered dry look or dry your skin out unlike most setting powders.
- Eyebrow pencil applies better over this powder than other powders.
- Packaging is luxurious and the product is more travel-friendly due to the unique design.

Cons:
- Alas, it broke me out. I tried multiple times in an effort to get it to work and it was the only thing that changed in my routine. I think I might be sensitive to one of the ingredients. I still plan on keeping and using as a finishing powder as I purchased online.
- It is a bit thicker on the skin than the Laura Mercier which can lead to some visible caking like around my nose by end of day.
- It does not provide as much oil control as the Laura Mercier.
- You get very little product for the price.
- Not as translucent as the Laura Mercier. I’m not sure how well this one would work on darker skin tones but it is a little bit chalky.

Basically, if I need something fail-proof and that I know is going to look good for an extended period of time, I will still reach for my tried and true Laura Mercier.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Uhm this setting powder is absolutely beautiful. It’s so easy to apply and looks good under the eye as well. I have drier skin and didn’t dry me out so I think it’s universal. I will DEFINITELY be purchasing again. It’s literally like a filter for your face. It makes the under-eye/face look so smooth and pore-less without making me look matte and dry/cakey. I love that all the Hourglass powder product have this ethereal/glowy finish to them without being over the top. I say it all the time but all the Hourglass powder products are so perfect for brides! But I love them for everyday. I seriously think this will be my new holy grail setting power because I have not been able to put it down since trying it and I’m so happy I just purchased it without waiting for reviews and based my own opinion myself. It is amazing I highly recommend checking it out. You will not be disappointed!
Claudia C.
Philadelphia , PA
Goodbye Cake Face?

I was so excited to try this new translucent setting powder by Hourglass. Since the days are getting hotter, I start to sweat and my makeup does not stay flawless. It becomes a sort of “cake face” that we all definitely dislike.
This Veil Setting Powder by Hourglass has helped me get rid of that pound cake look.

This product has helped me to stress less when my face is concerned.
What I like the most about this setting powder is that it is translucent. I am a dark skinned Latina. Most setting powders for my skin would make me look pale. This powder blends very well with my skin.
Also, it does not leave any residue, which is quite a relief.
Nirvana S.
Fresno, CA
So lucky to receive the new Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder & Hourglass Veil™ Powder Brush🎉I’m absolutely obsessed with how this translucent powder sets my makeup weightlessly and locks everything in place for hours👏🏻And because it’s formulated without talc, it gives my skin a naturally flawless finish without leaving behind any noticeable texture or color👌🏻 And for a perfectly blended finish, I used the double-ended ultra soft, super fluffy Veil brush that is made of high-grade bristles especially designed for effortless powder application✨
Both items are now available for sale (separately) at Sephora.
#MagicOfVeil #vegan #crueltyfree #hourglasscosmetics #complimentary #contest @influenster
Kristen L.
Pittsburgh
I cannot sing this products praises enough. Just a tiny amount under the eyes and anywhere else you like to set your make up and this powder beautifully melts into your skin! I swear that when I apply this, it doesn’t look like I have ANY pores. It feels so light on my skin and doesn’t give off a chunky, chalky feeling or look that I notice with other translucent powders. I even wore this to a Memorial Day barbecue while it was almost 90 degrees and I was sweating profusely but my make up DID NOT BUDGE! It still looked just as flawless after 6 hours out in the sun and heat as it did when I first applied it inside in the air conditioning. I will 100% be buying this product again. This is my new favorite product and a favorite step in my beauty routine!
Ashley W.
Burien , WA
I love this powder! The packaging is so cute. I love the glisten of the packaging in flash. When I open the container at the very first time I was so scared because what I saw was nothing but frost white powder. I was afraid that I would look unnaturally fair because of the color, but after applying to my face, I understand why it is invisible powder. Nothing changes after applying it on, the only difference I can see is that some very very slightly matte finish is added on my foundation, my skin still looks dewy as what I had before putting this powder on. It is really invisible instead of translucent or anything like that. But I have to complain about one thing. This powder is extramely fine, and I don't really like that. A fact of the super fine and light-weighted powder is that it spreads everywhere when applying. I simply can't use a big blush, what I did for other powders. I don't really use puff for powder, so I don't really recommend this for quick makeup to someone uses powder blush only.
Overall, this is a very very good product, but to use it, it needs a puff.
Tiffany H.
Los Angeles, CA
Hands down THE best setting powder I’ve ever used on my face. I’m so dry & setting powders never look good under eyes (except for Charlotte Tilbury) but THIS - woooooow it keeps my skin looking so flawless & soft and it keeps my under eye concealer looking creaseless too! Which NEVER HAPPENS. It just feels so amazing on the skin too and it doesn’t dry my skin out. Which is 100+! Lol. The packaging is a tad annoying since I have to put it upside down to get some out but who cares! This product is amazing.

Oh and it’s Talc Free! It’s worth every - single - penny.
Jomanda M.
new rochelle
Hey guys!!! i have been dying to buy the new hourglass veil setting powder and brush but its pretty expensive. please please tell me is it worth the money? Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting PowderHourglass Veil™ Powder Brush
Carol J.
I only wish I could have gotten this vox box or Beccas new powder...........Is it worth it? I am still on the hunt for the perfect setting powder especially under my eyes.
Claire R.
Tacoma
I’m wondering about the hourglass setting powder? Has anyone found it to be better or worse than the Laura Mercier? Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder
Sarah O.
Washington, DC
Rachel S.
La Habra, CA
Ugh I really want to try this powder but every setting powder I try is too dry on my skin and this is kind of expensive. However I love the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder one. How is this the same/ different than that?

Sephora