BY HOURGLASS #7 in Face Primer

A mineral-based, water-resistant primer with SPF 15 that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth, uniform canvas for flawless makeup application. This clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Veil Mineral Primer also absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines.

It is formulated Without:

- Parabens

- Sulfates

- Synthetic Fragrances

- Synthetic Dyes

- Phthalates Veil

Mineral Primer is formulated with naturally derived titanium dioxide and zinc oxide instead of chemical sun-blocking agents. This water-resistant primer is also 100% free of fragrance, oil, and gluten.

• I would like to use the product! Is it worth it?3 Answers
  • #hourglassprimer @influenster why do the same people get samples ...2 Answers
  • Is this primer way better in performance then the e.l.f. mineral ...4 Answers
Aaliyah M.
Long Beach, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to use Smashbox's primer and I thought it was great. The more I use it though, I find it greasy and if you don't put your makeup on immediately it would lose it's slip. Then I watched a review on the Hourglass primer on youtube and I thought I would give it a try. I'm so glad I did!! It takes one pump to do your whole face, which means no guessing or wasted product. It has the most incredible slip to it and my make looks good all day! I confess that I touch my face throughout the day, but I still am happy with the way my makeup looks at the end of the day. I also feel that this primer helps lock in the moisture so I don't feel so dry, but this is just my opinion. It is a little pricey, but I have wasted so much money on cheaper products and ended up throwing them away that I actually feel I will be saving money by repurchasing this product. Ask for a sample, you won't be sorry! I wasn't!
Jessica G.
Corpus Christi
I used this primer for a year and I really loved it. My skin is oily with occasional adult cystic acne breakouts so when I put my makeup on I expect it to hold up for all types of situations that arise in my hectic life. I have 5 children, a grandson, 2 new pups in training, a husband and elderly parents and many friends that depend on me so I need my face primer to hold my makeup in place. I wore this primer along with my NARS makeup during a lengthy surgery in Houston, Texas and woke up looking fabulous. One of my daughters snapped some photos of me in recovery because she couldnt believe how my makeup stayed on through surgery! We laugh looking back now because who does that?!? This woman!! This primer holds up during the most stressful situations in life. 😁
Sarah G.
Katy
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a really good primer, it does the job beautifully. It blurs imperfections, moisturizes, has SPF, and helps foundation last longer, just like its suppose to. Now for me personally I just couldn’t get on board with it because of the price point. I got the small one to try (which is my favorite way to test out high end products) and I loved it but when I looked as the full size price I about fell over. Don’t get me wrong, it’s very smooth and silky on the skin which I great although I prefer a primer with more tack to it to really make foundation stick. I think if the price was less I would be obsessed.
Rebecca M.
Wichita
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very oily skin, so liquid foundations are often not practical without primer, otherwise they settle into pores and creases. I've tried many primers: multiple Smashbox "flavors" (ha!) Chanel, MUFE, Benefit, Shiseido...you name it--and I still haven't found my Holy Grail.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is in the top tier, though. This is NOT like a slippery gel primer, such as Smashbox--it's a creamy-textured white liquid, which is quite similar to Chanel "Le Blanc de Chanel." It DOES seem to meld with your skin very well. The primer feels more like a lotion than an thick layer of frosting (looking at you, Benefit!), and it noticeably helps makeup "stick" to you better. But the downside to the thinner texture is that it doesn't do anything to fill in pores, scars, fine lines, etc. That's not entirely a bad thing---sometimes you need a lightweight option in situations where it would look weird to show up with a poreless face full of makeup, but you still want to give yourself some "oomph" (e.g. summer festivals, going to the gym, camping....etc)

The other downside is the sky-high price, which is equivalent to Chanel. So is it worth it? It depends. For me, it's not a life-changing product, but it IS a very nice luxury. If you prefer a lightweight primer without the slipperiness of a gel, and you don't have big pores, scars, or flakes, this is probably ideal for you.

(I've attached a photo showing the Hourglass Veil under my Shiseido BB----as you can see, my skin looks glowy and nice, BUT you can still make out all my pores, scars... and flaking around my nose from an aggressive sneezing attack!)
Ariel H.
Wooster, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
This primer had really good reviews and I love hourglass so I was really excited to try it. But I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. It is good, don’t get me wrong but I have dry/combo skin and my makeup just doesn’t absorb right when I wear this stuff. I’ve worn it with ysl radiance foundation and ysl B.B. cream. It looks nice but doesn’t feel like it meshes together right. This primer is definitely meant for matte foundations. Don’t try to make it dewy (:
Poly K.
Chandler, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This primer is so darn expensive but totally worth it! I have combination skin and this primer works great to make my skin feel super smooth and prolongs my makeup. It does leave a tiny white cast on my tanned skin but foundation covers that up..it's mineral based which I prefer..only downside is that it's available only at Sephora and Hourglass's own website..wish it would be available at large department stores such as Macys, Dillards or similar stores..
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have really oily skin with adult hormonal acne that's sometimes cystic. I also have large pores. This stuff is pretty expensive and rightfully so I have really high expectations at this price point. I expect it to perform a lot better than other high end primers that are much cheaper per ounce. That's not the case here. It did make my makeup look pretty smooth I guess but I still had areas where it would sink into lines under my eyes on sleepless nights. So it wasn't very forgiving of dry areas. And on the rest of my face it made me more oily than I normally am a lot quicker than average. Then my makeup just slid of at basically every touch. Obviously I promptly returned it. This may work great for someone with completely normal skin. It doesn't have too terrible of a scent and the bottle is cute and would travel well. The pump offers a bit of control over amount. Would work well with any skin color but overall the quality just isn't there considering the price so I can't recommend personally.
Jessyka V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I finally caved and bought this primer after hearing dozens of beauty gurus rave about it, especially ones with oily, acne prone skin which are my main issues. The primer has a nice, lightweight, smooth feel to it. A slight white cast gets left behind which is something to keep in mind with anyone who has medium skin or anything darker. I’ve been using it for a couple days and have noticed my skin looks slightly more flawless than without a primer. It does help with oil control to an extent, however it doesn’t completely solve the issue. I’ll continue using this primer for its smoothing properties and the oil control that it does provide, but I’m still searching for a product that will give me oil control and help prolong the wear of my foundation and prevent creasing.
Kelly B.
Saint Augustine
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use Hourglass veil mineral primer along with Benefits Porefessional primer. I have an extremely oily t-zone with some dryness on my lower checks.!i also have huge pores. I Will generally use the benefit primer on the t- zone and places on my face or my pores are very large. I go behind the porefessional with this end it has a super soft and velvety feel to it. I put it all over my face even over the areas that have already been primed. This primer makes my face water resistant. I live in Florida where the humidity will melt your makeup before you get out of the door if you don't prime and set your face. When I get hot and perspiration sets in, it beads like water on a waxed car. It keeps the face that I just spent so much time making look pretty, stay pretty
Candace H.
Foothill Rnch, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is glorious. A little goes a really long way and it’s so smooth and silky going on. It feels GREAT. I love priming my fave with this stuff because Of the way t makes my skin feel. Beyond that, i find that it keeps my makeup in place all day long. The only downfall of this primer is the price. I love it but can’t afford to use it every day at $60 a pop.
Susie C.
Chelsea, AL
Been wanting to try this product but wondering if it's really worth the price?
Ana H.
Litchfield Park, AZ
Is this primer good for combination skin? My skin gets oily sometimes and most primers just slip right off along with the makeup or they just feel to heavy and nasty. If not is there any good primers that wont slip off my face?
Neveen I.
Grand Island, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Why does it have a blue tint to it?
Samantha P.
Is this worth the hefty price tag?
Bevin H.
Will this help moisturize as well?