Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: Porcelain more...
Finally splurged and bought this after all the raves and reviews. I have combo/dry skin and a lot of people with a similar skin type were raving about this stick foundation. I tend to stay away from sticks as they can be more difficult to blend out and cause dragging which emphasizes dry patches and texture. I don’t love it but I don’t hate it. Claims on Sephora include that it is for all skin types offering full coverage with a natural finish.  Below are my thoughts based on my experience with this product and the claims:

Shade: It was difficult to match to my skin tone - I was in between Porcelain and Shell and ended up purchasing Porcelain.  This shade is for fair skin with neutral undertones.  This was a bit too light and appeared a little too pink on my skin tone but it worked as long as I used the correct powder and bronzer.  I had no issue with it drying down or oxidizing.

Coverage: The coverage is nice - I would say it was about a medium coverage on my skin but agree that you could definitely build it up.  I am not sure if building it would take away from the finish but I was able to build it up in areas that I needed more coverage.  I did find that if you let it sit too long before going in with another layer, it tended to pull and disturb the layer that was already down so I would recommend going in with another layer before the previous layer completely sets.  It was not the easiest to blend for me. I tried with a beauty blender and a brush. I found that it worked best with a brush and I would apply a drop or two of oil directly on the brush before going in and blending. This seemed to help it blend out easier and didn't take away from the coverage.

Finish: I agree that the finish is very natural. The finish is absolutely lovely if you can get this to work for your skin. For me, it settles a bit into lines and emphasize texture around my t-zone. It didn't have the best staying power and started to break down by the end of the day around my t-zone where I tend to get a little bit of oil production, but that is not a deal breaker as I generally do not wear make-up for that long. I also found that you do not need to set it with a powder if you have dry skin. Other products blended well on top of this. However, I would recommend setting it with a powder if you tend to get oily throughout the day - even if it's just in select places like your t-zone. On occasions where I used powder, I used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. This seemed to be the best combination and left a nice radiant glow.

Overall, Would I buy it again? Maybe. I will need to keep playing with it to see if I can get it to work better with my skin type ... there are just others I’d spend my $ on first.