Add a Photo

By HOURGLASS
#1 in Foundation Sticks

A long-wearing foundation stick with the coverage of a concealer, fluidity of a liquid, and weightlessness of a powder for invisible full coverage. A foundation and concealer in one, Vanish Foundation's concentrated formula is infused with double the amount of pigment versus traditional foundations for instant full coverage in one application. The long-wearing, waterproof formula provides 12 hour coverage, and the innovative formula adjusts to your body temperature to effortlessly blend into the skin. Encased in a unique triangular bullet for precise application along the contours of the face, it can be used to contour and highlight. It features an array of shades and it's designed specifically to be used with the Vanish Foundation Brush for the most seamless finish.

It is formulated Without:

- Parabens

- Sulfates

- Phthalates

This unique foundation stick is a poured liquid formula designed to adjust to your own body temperature to blend into your skin, for the smoothest, most seamless finish. The intense concentration of pigment allows for the fullest coverage while maintaining a weightless feel on the skin.

"I wanted a foundation that was full-coverage and easy to use on the go. I love that with one application it covers all imperfections and creates this amazingly seamless finish." Carisa Janes, Hourglass Founder Research results: In a consumer study of 31 women after 1 week of use:

- 100% reported product was fast and easy to use and apply

- 97% saw an instant improvement in skin appearance

- 97% reported product effectively covered redness and skin imperfections

- 94% reported product blended seamlessly into their own skin

- 94% reported product effectively covered skin discoloration, pores, blemishes and dark under eye circles

- 90% reported product effectively covered hyperpigmentation and dark spots

Photos (319)
Amy G.
Amy G.
Panorama City, CA

I would rate this 10 stars. the lightest yet the fullest coverage stick ever i am in shade Bisque and its perfect for my skin! lasted me about a month by using it everyday. The foundation has a very creamy, emollient consistency and delivers full coverage readily. I very much advise applying a lot less than you think and blending, buffing, and working it across the planes of the face before adding more. The creaminess of the stick is felt immediately, and it seems to get creamier as it sits on the warm skin, which makes easy to spread across the skin. It is undeniably a full-coverage foundation, but the blendability of the foundation does make it possible to get coverage as sheer as light-medium coverage. At full coverage, it is still a lighter-weight foundation, though not as undetectable as a BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer (not surprising), but it didn’t feel heavy or uncomfortable; I didn’t feel like I was wearing a mask of product, and the finish was natural enough that it looked more like my skin than anything else. I also liked how it didn’t settle into creases or fine lines, even as it wore away, creasing/settling into lines was the least visible characteristic of wear to me.
Dottae P.
Dottae P.

So getting this product was a treat as I'm always trying new products as an artist. This sample came through @Influenster and @HourglassCosmetics Vox Box. Love getting freebies don't you? This is foundation is really lightweight and has great coverage. Its concealing properties are amazing as well.

The beautiful shade Almond is simply dreamy too. The foundation is buttery smooth but quick drying. so make sure to smooth evenly. This helps with the longevity as it's a long-wearing foundation.Great for those long days where you don't have time to reapply and a miracle for brides.. It covered my under eye circles pretty well, but I would still need color correcting however, I used this without priming first, so the results after a priming will be different I'm sure. Also be sure to use a moisturizer with or before applying, as the concealing properties make it a bit tacky. Overall it's a dream to use.

With this foundation came with a dreamy brush and omg it is super soft . and an absolute pleasure to use. It's soft and luxurious and and smooths wonderfully. I recommend this as a personal piece but is a great tool in any kit as clients will truly enjoy the feel..
Tania C.
Tania C.
Wilkes Barre, PA

I was extremely excited to try this foundation because I heard such great reviews for combination skin. I am sad to say that this foundation performed awfully on my skin. The initial look upon application was beautiful! It looked like my skin and not like I was wearing foundation. The shade selection is excellent. I found my perfect, exact shade which made me really happy because I normally have trouble finding a match for my fair skin. I enjoyed the buildable coverage it was able to achieve and how effortless it was to blend into the skin. Unfortunately the positives end there. The foundation claims to be long-wearing which I did not find to be true. It looked great up to 4 hours, however after that, it began to look cakey on my chin, it separated in multiple areas on my face, and had completely rubbed off around my hairline. I tried using different primers, setting powders and different application tools to try to extend the wear and better the look, however nothing changed its performance. I ended up, sadly, returning the product. I much prefer the Make Up Forever foundation stick to this one for my combination skin.
Saida C.
Saida C.

I personally was not a fan of this foundation. I have tested it out twice. The first time I purchased it, it seemed to stick onto the dry patches of my skin so I assumed I needed to use a different type of primer, I decided to give it another try recently with a different primer and I was still upset about it. My skin type is normal/dry, and I would do face masks every single night and I still saw that it did blotch up on certain areas of my skin. I also think another issue with this foundation is that it is somewhat difficult to get it to match your skin shade precisely. It does apply beautifully at first, but it doesn't look seamless or flawless throughout the day. The packaging is beautiful and very durable, however I am not a fan of the foundation itself. I was quite disappointed with the outcome of this foundation especially after how many people have hyped it up. I noticed no difference whether or not you used a foundation brush or beauty blender. This foundation might work better on people who have normal to oily skin and also for those who do enjoy a full coverage foundation.
Ramena A.
Ramena A.

I literally got this product three different times and returned it. I wanted to love it SOOO bad, I kept trying to give it another chance. I have combo skin, leaning more on the dryer side. I tried this foundation with a million different tips and tricks and it just wouldn't look right. I felt like it really accentuated my dryness, and it literally looked like I had product on. I tried it the way the Instagram MUAs do it, didn't have any luck. Tried it the way Sephora girls do it, didn't have any luck. Talked to an Hourglass sales rep, did it the way they said to do it, didn't have any luck.

I think the product is a great product, I really love hourglass. I love their quality and their brand philosophy, but this product just did not take to my skin. I am middle easter with sensitive skin, and like I said, combo dry skin. If you feel like you have similar skin, then I suggest not wasting product and not wasting your time. If you feel like you don't have skin like mine then I wish you the best of luck, and know I'm envious because I REALLYYYYY wanted to love this product !!
Stephanie Y.
Stephanie Y.
Elk Grove, CA

I've only used it once, so I will need to update my review after more uses. But, so far I like it. It's not the best product, because as many have said, you don't get a lot of product for the price you pay. The formula is thick and isn't the easiest to spread/blend (so you have to use a little more product)--I use a Beautyblender; I do not think it would work well using your fingers to try and spread/blend it in. It covers pretty well, but doesn't look cakey. I'm not sure if helps with my oiliness at all though :( This is where I prefer the Immaculate Mattifying foundation. There is a pretty good range of colors, but it is hard to tell which is best. I use Nude in the Immaculate foundation, but tried Beige for this since the Nude oxidizes and turns a weird yellow/orange-ish color. So far, Beige seems to work well with my summer, sun-tanned skin tone. Overall, I like this foundation/concealer stick because it makes applying makeup faster, easier, and less messy (don't have to apply it to fingers, then face; just apply directly).
Ashley N.
Ashley N.
Huntingtn Bch, CA

This is a gorgeous, easy foundation for both everyday and special occasion use. I prefer using a soft, dense brush (the ELF ultimate blending brush that's only $6!) for the most part in a mixture of buffing and patting motions. It's been covering my minor breakouts/redness exceptionally well! I'm in the shade Golden at the moment, which is one of the few foundation shades that actually matches my skin tone. I had very oily skin when I began using it and it actually stayed on my face with the help of the MUFE Equalizer. I now have normal skin with a bit of dryness here and there due to some products I've been using, and it's still good. I have two gripes though — the price and some settling. I feel as though this will run out in a matter of time due to its amount, and I don't know if I'm willing to splurge again quickly when it's out. I also have some settling issues in my laugh lines if I don't bake the areas, but blending it out quickly will solve the issue. Otherwise, great product!
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
South Bend, IN

I got this foundation in the shade "Shell" as an Ipsy reward. I worried that the shade was a tad dark but it worked out beautifully for my skin tone! I have neutral undertones that pull a touch golden, light to fair skin, more fair in winter.!This shade works for me in the summer, I probably could have gone with porcelain though! The formula is really different, unlike anything I've ever used! It has this strange powder finish that sets almost immediately, at fist I had trouble working with it, but I found out that my fingers are truly the best tool to use this product, to at least warm it up. I blend it in almost completely with my fingers and then i bounce my damp beauty blender over it for a flawless seamless look. It really is seamless like they claim, it's actually pretty amazing! It's not heavy even though it's a stick/cream formula, yet somehow it also manages to conceal! It covered all of my small blemishes & redness, I only needed to add an under eye concealer for brightness.
Sharyn A.
Sharyn A.
Cedar Rapids, IA

This is the newest addition to my rotation of foundations. I have light medium skin and am between my summer and winter skin tones. I got this in the color nude and matches perfectly to my NC30 face. I have skin that tends to be normal in most areas but I have dry patches around my nose, lips and in between my eyebrows. I agree with other dry skin girls that exfoliating and moisturizing properly does help with the overall finish. I found 2 good primers that works well, on drier days I use the clinique pep start hydro blur and other days I use the guerlain l'or. When I use the clinique primer I actually get a little shiney at the end of the day but im taking ny makeup off at that point. After primer I swipe 5 dots on my face and blend it out with a huge paddle brush. I like the finish it gives over using a beauty blender. I have not had any issues with applying the rest of my makeup over. Once the foundation dries down it stays put. I'm a face toucher and it does not at all transfer.
Paighton W.
Paighton W.
Las Vegas, NV

I just bought this foundation this week. Everyone on the internet and my friends raved about this foundation. So I decided to splurge on it and give it a try.
The first thing I noticed was the slick packaging and the weight of the product. Making it look and feel luxurious.
I have combination skin (oily/normal) with acne scarring. When I first tried the foundation I used the Becca backlight priming filter with the Sigma F80 kabuki brush. The foundation itself blended out beautifully but I couldn't get it to stick on my nose or cover my acne scarring. It's not as full coverage as they make it seem. But you can build it up without it becoming cakey.
Then I used it with a beauty blender. I personally prefer the beautyblender over a brush. I feel it provided more coverage, it helped cover most of my scarring. And it applied to my nose.
I absolutely love the finish. It has good coverage without looking like you're wearing a mask. It looks natural like your skin. I really like it so far!
Salome M.

Alina P.

Ana H.
Ana H.
Chula Vista, CA

Does this give full coverage?
Rebecca A.