Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation StickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY HOURGLASS #1 in Foundation Sticks

A long-wearing foundation stick with the coverage of a concealer, fluidity of a liquid, and weightlessness of a powder for invisible full coverage. A foundation and concealer in one, Vanish Foundation's concentrated formula is infused with double the amount of pigment versus traditional foundations for instant full coverage in one application. The long-wearing, waterproof formula provides 12 hour coverage, and the innovative formula adjusts to your body temperature to effortlessly blend into the skin. Encased in a unique triangular bullet for precise application along the contours of the face, it can be used to contour and highlight. It features an array of shades and it's designed specifically to be used with the Vanish Foundation Brush for the most seamless finish.

It is formulated Without:

- Parabens

- Sulfates

- Phthalates

This unique foundation stick is a poured liquid formula designed to adjust to your own body temperature to blend into your skin, for the smoothest, most seamless finish. The intense concentration of pigment allows for the fullest coverage while maintaining a weightless feel on the skin.

"I wanted a foundation that was full-coverage and easy to use on the go. I love that with one application it covers all imperfections and creates this amazingly seamless finish." Carisa Janes, Hourglass Founder Research results: In a consumer study of 31 women after 1 week of use:

- 100% reported product was fast and easy to use and apply

- 97% saw an instant improvement in skin appearance

- 97% reported product effectively covered redness and skin imperfections

- 94% reported product blended seamlessly into their own skin

- 94% reported product effectively covered skin discoloration, pores, blemishes and dark under eye circles

- 90% reported product effectively covered hyperpigmentation and dark spots

• How pale is the pales shade? Is it good for sensitive skin? It it...1 Answers
  • I have some good reviews on this product. I read good coverage, n...16 Answers
  • Is this worth the hype?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Amy G.
Amy G.
Panorama City, CA
I would rate this 10 stars. the lightest yet the fullest coverage stick ever i am in shade Bisque and its perfect for my skin! lasted me about a month by using it everyday. The foundation has a very creamy, emollient consistency and delivers full coverage readily. I very much advise applying a lot less than you think and blending, buffing, and working it across the planes of the face before adding more. The creaminess of the stick is felt immediately, and it seems to get creamier as it sits on the warm skin, which makes easy to spread across the skin. It is undeniably a full-coverage foundation, but the blendability of the foundation does make it possible to get coverage as sheer as light-medium coverage. At full coverage, it is still a lighter-weight foundation, though not as undetectable as a BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer (not surprising), but it didn’t feel heavy or uncomfortable; I didn’t feel like I was wearing a mask of product, and the finish was natural enough that it looked more like my skin than anything else. I also liked how it didn’t settle into creases or fine lines, even as it wore away, creasing/settling into lines was the least visible characteristic of wear to me.
Dottae P.
Dottae P.
Richmond , VA
Review for: Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation
So getting this product was a treat as I'm always trying new products as an artist. This sample came through @Influenster and @HourglassCosmetics Vox Box. Love getting freebies don't you? This is foundation is really lightweight and has great coverage. Its concealing properties are amazing as well.

The beautiful shade Almond is simply dreamy too. The foundation is buttery smooth but quick drying. so make sure to smooth evenly. This helps with the longevity as it's a long-wearing foundation.Great for those long days where you don't have time to reapply and a miracle for brides.. It covered my under eye circles pretty well, but I would still need color correcting however, I used this without priming first, so the results after a priming will be different I'm sure. Also be sure to use a moisturizer with or before applying, as the concealing properties make it a bit tacky. Overall it's a dream to use.

With this foundation came with a dreamy brush and omg it is super soft . and an absolute pleasure to use. It's soft and luxurious and and smooths wonderfully. I recommend this as a personal piece but is a great tool in any kit as clients will truly enjoy the feel..
Stephanie Y.
Stephanie Y.
Elk Grove, CA
I've only used it once, so I will need to update my review after more uses. But, so far I like it. It's not the best product, because as many have said, you don't get a lot of product for the price you pay. The formula is thick and isn't the easiest to spread/blend (so you have to use a little more product)--I use a Beautyblender; I do not think it would work well using your fingers to try and spread/blend it in. It covers pretty well, but doesn't look cakey. I'm not sure if helps with my oiliness at all though :( This is where I prefer the Immaculate Mattifying foundation. There is a pretty good range of colors, but it is hard to tell which is best. I use Nude in the Immaculate foundation, but tried Beige for this since the Nude oxidizes and turns a weird yellow/orange-ish color. So far, Beige seems to work well with my summer, sun-tanned skin tone. Overall, I like this foundation/concealer stick because it makes applying makeup faster, easier, and less messy (don't have to apply it to fingers, then face; just apply directly).
Ashley N.
Ashley N.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
This is a gorgeous, easy foundation for both everyday and special occasion use. I prefer using a soft, dense brush (the ELF ultimate blending brush that's only $6!) for the most part in a mixture of buffing and patting motions. It's been covering my minor breakouts/redness exceptionally well! I'm in the shade Golden at the moment, which is one of the few foundation shades that actually matches my skin tone. I had very oily skin when I began using it and it actually stayed on my face with the help of the MUFE Equalizer. I now have normal skin with a bit of dryness here and there due to some products I've been using, and it's still good. I have two gripes though — the price and some settling. I feel as though this will run out in a matter of time due to its amount, and I don't know if I'm willing to splurge again quickly when it's out. I also have some settling issues in my laugh lines if I don't bake the areas, but blending it out quickly will solve the issue. Otherwise, great product!
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
South Bend, IN
I got this foundation in the shade "Shell" as an Ipsy reward. I worried that the shade was a tad dark but it worked out beautifully for my skin tone! I have neutral undertones that pull a touch golden, light to fair skin, more fair in winter.!This shade works for me in the summer, I probably could have gone with porcelain though! The formula is really different, unlike anything I've ever used! It has this strange powder finish that sets almost immediately, at fist I had trouble working with it, but I found out that my fingers are truly the best tool to use this product, to at least warm it up. I blend it in almost completely with my fingers and then i bounce my damp beauty blender over it for a flawless seamless look. It really is seamless like they claim, it's actually pretty amazing! It's not heavy even though it's a stick/cream formula, yet somehow it also manages to conceal! It covered all of my small blemishes & redness, I only needed to add an under eye concealer for brightness.
Sharyn A.
Sharyn A.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
This is the newest addition to my rotation of foundations. I have light medium skin and am between my summer and winter skin tones. I got this in the color nude and matches perfectly to my NC30 face. I have skin that tends to be normal in most areas but I have dry patches around my nose, lips and in between my eyebrows. I agree with other dry skin girls that exfoliating and moisturizing properly does help with the overall finish. I found 2 good primers that works well, on drier days I use the clinique pep start hydro blur and other days I use the guerlain l'or. When I use the clinique primer I actually get a little shiney at the end of the day but im taking ny makeup off at that point. After primer I swipe 5 dots on my face and blend it out with a huge paddle brush. I like the finish it gives over using a beauty blender. I have not had any issues with applying the rest of my makeup over. Once the foundation dries down it stays put. I'm a face toucher and it does not at all transfer.
Linda L.
Linda L.
Round Rock, TX
I really like the packaging of this foundation. At first, the triangle shape kind of threw me off but I like how easy it is to wind the foundation up. Even though the packaging is plastic, it feels sturdy and almost luxurious.

There are 26 shades, which is great! I think everyone has a good chance of finding a shade that will work for them. The shade that I’m using is Linen.

I tested the foundation with a flat-top kabuki brush and a Beauty Blender. The BB for sure blends out the foundation more evenly and gives more coverage. My face looks like it’s airbrushed.

Pros: The foundation glides on and blends put easily. Concealer, bronzer, and blush also apply and blend out beautifully on top of it. There's no flashback in pictures. It doesn't accentuate dry spots and is easy to touch up.

Cons: I get medium-to-full coverage. The packaging says FULL. This isn't long wearing (not past 7 hrs) so I would only wear this to special events.

Overall, I like this foundation and would recommend.
Makeup by A.
Makeup by A.
Review for: Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation
I did a demo and review with check ins throughout the day on my channel (Makeup by Amy Michelle).

Overall, I'm really impressed with this foundation! Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
- my skin looked amazing upon application
- creamy and easy to blend out
- extremely light weight
- high medium to full coverage right off the bat
- need very little product to achieve the coverage mentioned above
- great color selection and undertones available

Cons:
- very expensive for the little bit of product you get
- can cling to try areas/texture on the face
- lasts perfectly about 4-6 hours and then around the 7-8 hours mark I would suggest touching up, blotting or powdering

Notes:
- use a smoothing primer of any kind (I used the HG mineral veil since I had it and that's what they suggested) for the best results and best application
- if you have extremely dry skin/texture or very very oil skin this may not be the best foundation
- use a more dense or kabuki brush for the best application

Gigi P.
Gigi P.
Gahanna, OH
I have been using this foundation everyday for about the past 3 weeks, my skin type is dry but lately I have been more on the oily side. This foundation is definitely full coverage but not cakey, it gives a beautiful satin finish. It doesn't settle into lines which is very important for me because I have quiet a few. My only complaint about this foundation is wear time, if I either work or just sit at home it doesn't last very long, I would say about 4-5 hours, and sometimes I feel like it doesn't set all the way, I wait a few minutes and set with a powder and even then it doesn't set it all the way and sometimes it's hard to blend my contour, bronzer etc so I do have to wait awhile, after it sets its more of a powder like finish, I wouldn't recommend this for very oily skin types, even if you set it your oils will seep through fairly quickly, and I wouldn't recommend for very dry skin types (I'm both at times) because if you have dry patches it does cling to them a bit.
Trina K.
Trina K.
Henderson, NV
I did not like this for my skin. My skin is oily combination, so for that skin type it is a good foundation. It is very full coverage, alittle goes a long way. The shade I purchased was a good shade for me. The reason it did not work for me is it collected in my pores so obviously that it looked horrible and was incredibly distracting. I don't have enlarged pores because I do have a great skincare regimen, but I do have them. I'm 45, my pores are genetic and I don't want them emphasized. That is what this foundation did. I tried it a pore filling primer, with a smoothing primer, with no primer and got the same results. It didn't blend with that brush they recommend, it didn't blend with a beauty blender and I wasn't about to try it my fingers. I believe this foundation would work for someone who has gorgeous, smooth skin. If you have any texture at all, if possible I would try to get a sample (although not sure if that's possible since it is a stick foundation).
Salome M.
Alina P.
Ana H.
Ana H.
Chula Vista, CA
Does this give full coverage?
Rebecca A.