BY HOURGLASS #2 in Foundation Sticks

Features And Benefits:

• Long Wearing, Waterproof Formula Provides 12 Hour Coverage.
• Available In 32 Shades To Perfectly Match Every Skin Tone.
• Vegan

• I have some good reviews on this product. I read good cov...19 Answers
  • What is your instagram username? I will follow you all ba...6 Answers
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
Review for: Other more...
I am usually a brush girl for applying any and all of my face makeup, but I recently hopped on the Beauty Blender train for applying this stick foundation and have had fantastic results. Yes, there are some things that applications with a sponge really can make a difference. I have medium skin with olive undertones and I have found that Warm Beige is the perfect shade for me. My natural hair color is a medium ash brown (but I am currently having fun being blonde) and I have blue eyes. I know that this foundation doesn’t work for all skin types, but it works well with my sensitive, combination skin. I just make sure that I set my T-zone with my Hourglass ambient lighting palette and I don’t have to worry about my base makeup and can focus on whatever makeup look I am trying to achieve for that day. I believe that this particular Hourglass foundation is best suited for those with normal or combination skin. Hourglass does have a few other foundations (one that particularly caters to oily skin, dry skin, and even aging skin). But there is definitely an Hourglass foundation that will play well with whatever skin type you have. Also, Hourglass has amazing customer service, so if you ever have a question about which foundation to choose, what shade is right for your skin tone, etc. they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. This foundation will forever be in my foundation rotation. And don’t let the small size of this fountain fool you, a little goes a long way. And even with wearing this foundation multiple days a week, I have haven’t used up my foundation stick that I bought more than a few months ago.
Calley B.
Farmingtn Hls, MI
Review for: Porcelain more...
I know this foundation is pricey, but I absolutely love it.  I bought it as a splurge at Sephora after watching Laura Lee, Manny MUA, and Nicol Concilo use it repeatedly.  I really wanted a nice stick foundation because of their ease to apply and how quick it is compared to blotting a liquid foundation all over.  I was skeptical at first, paying  about $50 for a foundation that is in a stick and seems like it won't last very long.  I don't use it everyday, just days I am going out, but this is probably the best stick foundation I have ever used.  I love a quick makeup routine and once you apply this, and just stipple it into your skin using a kabuki brush or something similar (I use a Morphe Y6 brush - Laura Lee inspired obviously).  It melts into the skin and even though I don't think it is FULL coverage, I think it does the job.  It creates an even skin tone for me and covers up minor to mild blemishes (it doesn't make miracles for those larger blemishes).  I would definitely continue to purchase this, however at the price point it is currently at, I cannot afford it as an everyday foundation.  I strictly use it for going out or big events.  If you are looking to splurge on a stick foundation, I definitely recommend this!!
Michelle H.
Review for: Other more...
If you want a foundation that makes your skin look like SKIN, and is QUICK and easy to apply with little to no waste -- look no further. Even with my combination skin, this foundation does not wipe off or transfer like many other "mattifying" foundations claim not to do. True, it is not as long-wearing as EL Double Wear, for instance, but it also looks a heck of a lot more like skin than EL does, also. When first applied, it looks almost as if you have nothing on, and as if your skin is just perfect, which is the kind of skin I've been leaning more towards these days, even if that does mean I need to sacrifice maybe 1-2 hours of wear time at the end of my day. Despite it all, even when it does wear down, I do not have visible patches of separation or breakdown, and there is no noticeable areas on my face where the foundation has failed... it still looks like great skin, which honestly looks better than having nasty fluid caked around your nose or your fine lines or wherever your oils have seeped out and broken down your makeup. This foundation applies itself with dignity, and it fades away with the same dignity. While the price is fairly high when you consider the amount of product you get, it should also be noted that the amount you're actually applying to your face in comparison to a liquid is considerably less as well. When pouring a liquid out and having to stipple and pounce it all over like paint, you'll most certainly need more product than you do with this magical stick, because for whatever reason, the emollient texture and high pigmentation of the cream seems to lend itself a heavy hand when buffing itself out and into your skin, and you actually end up using very little... it won't be an equivalent wt by wt comparison. They recommend to "dot" the foundation stick on, but swiping it on will work much better still, and buffing it in with a foundation brush will be the way to go, but you won't need a heavy hand since it blends out so beautifully. Highly recommend this, and I was such a die hard EL DW fan until I began using this, too...
Ashley D.
Review for: Beige more...
I believe I have finally found a stick go to foundation. I wanted something full coverage for my oily skin with a natural finish that wears well. Hourglass certainly delivers with this foundation stick. The packaging is beautiful and the directions recommend applying dots to face and blending with a firm/round foundation brush. The lady at Sephora told me that this will not work well with a damp blender because the foundation of waterproof. I put this on and was blown away at how well it literally melts as you buff it flawlessly into your skin. The Color adjusts after a few mins but it doesn’t get that orange oxidized look. I set this with my Becca Hydra Mist Refresh and Set Powder and wore the Hourglass mineral primer and it wore beautifully on my skin all throughout the day. I was most impressed how it didn’t feel greasy on my skin by the end of the day. It’s so soft to the touch and the pigment doesn’t transfer onto your clothes (or your man.) 😊 Totally worth the splurge! I’m glad I caved and took a risk with this product. I could definitely see myself using this again and again. Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
Kathryn K.
Washington, DC
Review for: Vanilla more...
I was nervous about trying this since I’ve really only had success with liquid foundation, but I travel a ton, and I’m trying to convert as many of my liquid products to stick or powder formulas to avoid checking bags. This product is so awesome that I’m using it daily, though. So easy to apply, medium coverage that’s buildable (it even works in place of concealer for me), and it leaves my skin looking radiant. I’ve been using it with KVD lock it primer and topping it with I was nervous about trying this since I’ve really only had success with liquid foundation, but I travel a ton, and I’m trying to convert as many of my liquid products to stick or powder formulas to avoid checking bags. This product is so awesome that I’m using it daily, though. So easy to apply, medium coverage that’s buildable (it even works in place of concealer for me), and it leaves my skin looking radiant. I’ve been using it with KVD lock it primer and topping it with Too Faced Hangover setting spray, and it has nice staying power.
Kat Von D Lock-it Hydrating Primer
Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray
Taylor K.
Dallas, TX
Review for: Buff more...
This foundation is iconic holy grail messiah status for me, it’s absolute perfection. I have dryish skin sometimes and sweat a lot at work and this foundation doesn’t budge. What really blew me away is the fact that the color is perfect for me and I’ve never found a perfect match foundation in the 16yrs I’ve been wearing makeup! Just dab it all over your face and use a brush to buff it in small circular motions. I actually spritz my face with Mario badesco rosewater spray before buffing and it gives a radiant, dewy look. Absolutely love this, it’s worth the price and you should go get it now! Pic included is half my face bare (I have both eyes done) and other half is with the foundation on without any kind of filter or facetuning.
Lihan C.
Lisle, IL
When I first used this foundation stick I used bisque that my sister had, and I like the formula and the coverage of this foundation stick. It's very light and the packaging is extremely luxurious like most Hourglass products. I decided to buy my own at Sephora after running out of the foundation I had been using. I did a color match to match me to the color and the store attendant suggested sand (although it wasn't one of the exact matches). My only gripe with this foundation is that the undertones are too yellow for me. While I do have yellow undertones, I am also a little more on the peachy and pink side as well instead of being purely yellow undertoned. Overall the foundation is good, but maybe the color was a little off, but I would go in store to match again or just try a color that is better. But the foundation is well worth, a little goes a long way and can actually get quite thick and cake-y if you apply too much.
Michelina O.
Dennisport, MA
Review for: Beige more...
This is a great full coverage foundation that is also super light to wear! My husband kept saying I was looking like I had too much makeup on or it was settling into lines making me look older ughhh just what anyone wants to hear right?! I had a small sample of this I had gotten ages ago. It actually turned out to be the perfect shade for winter, go figure! Well I tried this and he said my foundation looked so much better!

I use my Clarisonic foundation head to apply this and it’s a dream. I tried my beauty blender and it’s a tad hard to do/ takes longer. A foundation brush typically makes it streaky on me since I have a heavy hand. The Clarisonic with this is amazing. I use the hangover primer to give my skin a bit more moisture since I heard it’s not great for dry skin. This is amazing! Hopefully it lives up to the longwear part since I teach and waitress and need it to last.
Kayla W.
Review for: Porcelain more...
I picked up this foundation at Sephora and could not wait to try it! It comes with a high price tag, but it is well worth the price! This foundation is very full coverage, but very light weight on the skin as well. A little bit goes a long way! It is so easy to put on: just a few swipes on your face, blend with a brush, and you are all set to go! I have oily skin and have heard that this particular foundation is not the best for oily skin, so I was nervous that I would be a shiny mess by the end of the day. That was not the case at all! I used a mattifying primer, set this foundation with some powder, and used a mattifying setting spray and I was shine free all day. I really put this foundation to the test when I wore it, because I was running around outside in the heat and wind taking graduation pictures for my sister and I stayed shine free the whole time. I also had it on for 12 hours and it looked as good when I took it off as it did with I put it on. If you have oily skin and want to be able to wear this foundation, I suggest using mattifying primers and setting sprays. This foundation is the perfect special occasion foundation: weddings, photo shoots, date nights, etc. It's also great for travel because it is a stick foundation. This is the first stick foundation and first Hourglass product I have tried. I'm looking forward to trying more Hourglass products! I can't recommend this foundation enough!
Gloria Y.
La Mirada, CA
Review for: Beige more...
I am always on-the-go and the hourglass vanish stick is my holy grail when it comes to foundation. I graduated from powder to liquid to stick and haven’t looked back since. I love how compact the vanish stick is so I can keep it in my purse or touch up on the go. When I'm at home, I use a beauty blend and when I'm on the go, I use my fingers.

I have combination skin type, an oily t-zone and occasional hormonal breakouts on my chin. My chin and areas around my nose are prone to becoming dry and patchy. With liquid and power foundation, most products typically cause my skin to dry out and crack once it sets. It’s really unattractive. But with this foundation, I have yet to run into that problem because it doesn’t dry out my skin.

I’ve been using this foundation for 4 years now and love the application, finish and the amazing coverage it gives my skin.
Salome M.
Fontana, CA
Ashley S.
Alina P.
Ana H.
Chula Vista, CA
Does this give full coverage?
Rebecca A.