BY HOURGLASS

An Advanced Anti-aging Treatment For Lips That Combines Essential Oils, Vitamins And Three Powerful Active Ingredients In A Supremely Luxurious Oil Blend. Equipped With An Opulent 24-karat Gold-plated Tip.

Features And Benefits:

• Botanical Oil Blend Works On Contact To Condition Lips, Address Dryness And Chapping, And Shield Against Environmental Elements.
• Contains Three Powerful Active Ingredients (Saliporine-8; Volulip™; And Viamerine) That Target The Delicate Lip Area By Helping To Boost Moisture Levels, Reduce The Appearance Of Wrinkles, And Improve The Appearance Of Lip Shape, Volume And Softness.
• Contains 28 Beneficial Ingredients To Soften The Lips. The Number 28 Refers To:
- 14 Essential Oils: Bois De Rose, Lavender, Geranium, Petitgrain, Lemon, Rosemary, Vanilla, Clove, Amyris, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Eucalyptus, Cedar And Rose Geranium.
- 10 Lipid-rich Plant Oils: Hazelnut, Kukui Nut, Rose Hip, Borage, Olive, Green Tea, Cherry Pit, Sweet Almond, Jojoba And Evening Primrose.
- 4 Nourishing Vitamins: A, B5, C And E.
• The 24kt Gold-plated, Anti-bacterial Palladium Tip Dispenses Product And Creates A Soothing Effect.
• .25 Fl Oz / 7.5 Ml
• Vegan

How To Use:

• Remove Plastic Cap, Place Index Finger On Grooved Surface Behind The Gold Tip And Press Down To Dispense Product.
• Nº 28 Lip Oil Can Be Worn Day Or Night.

• Is this worth the price? I've heard good things but not s...1 Answers
  • I'm not really into buying lip treatments but lately my l...3 Answers
  • What is your experience with this product?3 Answers
Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil
  • "Soothing and smoothing, feels great going on and actually has a good taste if you end up licking your lip or anything! My favorite lip treatment for chapped lips." in 7 reviews
  • "REVIEW - HOURGLASS LIP OIL

I'll be honest, I had not heard of the make Hourglass until approximately 24 days ago! I was in my local Space NK and they had a Christmas kit there with lots of different blushes/bronzers etc. The brand and packaging really caught my eye, I must look that up I thought.

Two days later and I got an email from my Husband, 'What would you like for Christmas?' I had already been very lucky and got a beautiful bag from him so he was after something 'little'! It was then the light bulb moment struck me! Lets have a look at this Hourglass brand! I went onto the website (check it out here) and was instantly in love with every product!!

The one thing that caught my eye though was the lip oil. It is PACKED with essential oils! I have listed them below:

Botanical oil blend works on contact to condition lips, address dryness and chapping, and shield against environmental elements.Three powerful active ingredients (Saliporine-8; Volulip™; and Viamerine) that target the delicate lip area by helping to boost moisture levels, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and improve the appearance of lip shape, volume and softness.Contains 28 beneficial ingredients to soften the lips. The number 28 refers to:
    - 14 essential oils: bois de rose, lavender, geranium, petitgrain, lemon, rosemary, vanilla, clove, amyris, orange, ylang ylang, eucalyptus, cedar and rose geranium.
    - 10 lipid-rich plant oils: hazelnut, kukui nut, rose hip, borage, olive, green tea, cherry pit, sweet almond, jojoba and evening primrose.
    - 4 nourishing vitamins: A, B5, C and EWith such amazing ingredients I was dying to try it! When Christmas day arrived I was thrilled to open one of my gifts and find this! It is fairly heavy and the plated 24KT tip makes it feel really luxurious.
    I pushed the tip down and it dispensed a small amount of the oil. It was a lot thicker then I imagined. I applied it too my lips and the gold tip gave it a cooling effect and made sure it all went on smoothly.

The result was great. Really glossy lips and they felt wonderful. I have since worn this under lipstick too which is a great base, especially under very strong colours like red that tend to dry out in the cracks of your lips, make sure you blot it first though!

#hourglass #hourglasslipoil #number28 #liptreatment" in 5 reviews
lilly m.
arlington
Purchased at: Sephora
Alright it kills me to leave Hourglass 2 stars but this product just doesn’t cut it. I purchased this from Sephora for $44 because the sales rep said it would give me soft, full lips. I don’t really have “dry” lips. I would say it is normal and I’m always looking to find something to make them “softer” and “fuller”. This product failed and failed again.

The packaging is beautiful. Gorgeous presentation. The gold tip glides across the lips so effortlessly. The thick oil comes out and you look in the mirror to see this lovely glossy finish. That’s where the good stuff basically ends.

When the oil is actually sitting on your lips, you don’t feel dry. But it never really absorbs. It literally just lays on the lips until it wears off. Then, when it does wear off...your lips actually do feel dry. It made me FEEL like I had dry lips when it wore off. So the oil gives you the illusion it is doing something, but it is essentially just a gloss. A really expensive gloss.

The website for Hourglass claims this product provides improvement in the appearance of lip shape, softness, volume, and hydration. In the end, it didn’t deliver on doing anything but giving me shiny, oily lips.

I looked at the results of the study they had and only 69% of participants indicated any improvement. This is a big NO. Save your money and get something else.
Erin C.
Rch Palos Vrd, CA
Honestly, this is not worth the price. The gold applicator is cool @ first, and then fizzes out for me on the wow factor. This oil is nice and when tried on @ the store, is nice enough to convince any lip enthusiast that this product will be a valued addition to your lip Arsenal. But I sit here, 7 days into my 2x daily application, intermittently peeling my flaky lips while I punch out this review. Honestly, I think if I applied any other good but more affordable lip product 2x daily for 21 days I would get the same results. I say save your money for something more effective. My chapped lips are the proof in the pudding!
Jordan G.
Ishpeming, MI
feels nice when u put it on. Nice consisyency and it absorbs quickly. The gold tip is the best part since it makes it feel cold and glides really nicely. My problem with this product is that it doesnt stay on long enough. I feel like I need to reapply right away and its too expensive. I'll stick to the Rosebud Salve and save myself some money
Absa K.
I use this at bedtime. In the morning my lips are smooth and hydrated. Might be a little too thick for some but it is an oil at the end of the day. Also a little pricey but if you can afford it go for it! Good product overall.
Kat G.
Tarzana, CA
This treatment oil feels like an added luxury on the lips. If you constantly have dry lips it's definitely worth a try. It's a bit on the pricier range but a little goes a long way and it can last for a while!
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
This lip treatment oil from Hourglass was such a lifesaver this past winter! The gold-played tip applies the product flawlessly and feels so nice and soothing on the lips. The formula itself was super moisturizing and really helped prevent my lips from getting chapped! And it isn't a super thick or sticky formula either.
Megan M.
I love Hourglass Cosmetics so much that I recently ordered a "Best Of" kit from Sephora. I hadn't tried their "No. 28 Primer," but their "Veil Mineral Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15" is a dream, and so I supposed that "No. 28" would be pretty much the same. Wrong. I can't honestly recommend at all. :(
Scarlett T.
Annville, KY
I bought this product when it was still fairly new. It does help to moisturize and soften dry lips. The drawback to this product is that it feels very heavy on the lips. I felt like I had put glossy spackle on my lips. Not really a pleasant feeling but it does work.
Anna L.
Easy to use, smells nice, and helps your lips. Another thing is that you can wear it day or night!
It is a lip treatment that relieve dryness and chapping. It lasts long and I would definitely love to buy it again.
Gilberto N.
Buena park
I absolutely love this anti-aging lip treatment I always feel like I'm really tempering my lips when I use this product this is definitely something that I use all the time
Jasmine B.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
What is your experience with this product?
Jocelyn G.
Baldwin Park, CA
I'm not really into buying lip treatments but lately my lips have been feeling so dry lol i would imagine this product being a bit pricy. Does it work?
Madalyn N.
San Antonio, TX
Is this worth the price? I've heard good things but not sure if I should just stick to my good old chapstick.