BY HOURGLASS

A travel-friendly foundation that reduces the appearance of fine lines and hydrates to leave skin glowing. Fortified with Hourglass' Hyaluronan Complex, Illusion®, this formula supports skin by plumping fine lines and wrinkles and relieving dryness. Formulated with an advanced form of hyaluronic acid, this foundation disguises deep wrinkles over the course of a day, and its pearlescent pigments leave the complexion with an ultravibrant glow. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Carisa Janes wanted to create a supremely hydrating, firming, and illuminating foundation that was an instant remedy for lackluster skin. This fall, it is reborn in a lightweight, travel-friendly tube, and new shades have been added to accommodate a wider range of skin tones. see more...

• I have very sensitive and dry skin, and I was wondering, is this ...1 Answers
  • Do you think this is worth the money? I had a sample of this an e...3 Answers
  • Does this work? Or does it make your face really oily??7 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Nikki G.
Nikki G.
Urbana, IL
This is my favorite foundation. I am pale with warm yellow toned skin and I often have a difficult time finding foundation to match. I discovered that Shell is my perfect match. I was surprised by this because it looked so dark, but it blends in seamlessly. The formula is very thick but extremely easy to blend with Beauty Blender, brush or fingers. This is a bit pricey and because of this I have tried several other foundations but keep coming back to this one. Also, I should note that I have never been one to wear tinted moisturizers. I suffer from adult acne and feel like I need more coverage than they can provide and I have very oily skin, so I usually stick with liquid foundations, but this is different than anything I've ever used before. It is great for when I need more coverage but doesn't feel to heavy on good days either. If you're on the fence I say, give it a try!
Katherine Y.
Katherine Y.
I had such high hopes for this product but was so disappointed. I received it as a free sample through my Sephora order and I'm so glad I didn't actually purchase it. On the sample size packaging it says "oil free" lol no it's not. This product made my skin produce so much oil by mid day and I have dry skin. I felt like a grease ball. It's also super THICK. I assumed since it was a skin tint it'd be more of a bb cream or tinted moisturizer but I was wrong. I did read up on it later and see that it's a medium-full coverage foundation which I agree with, however, it feels so cakey. It creased and bunched around my nose more than any other foundation I've ever tried. I will say that it did give a nice radiance, however, too pink for my skin tone.
Jessica L.
Jessica L.
Plano, TX
This says skin tint but ooh this is a medium-full coverage foundation for sure. It was a recommendation at sephora from an artist during a customer makeover for my combo dry skin. It gives a beautiful dewey full coverage finish. I highly recommend if you're looking for a nice dewey finish for your skin. I apply using the morphe m439 brush and I have no problems with application or streakiness. All in all a great foundation. It is a first time buy so seeing how long it lasts me will be the test of whether it is worth $55
Jen S.
Jen S.
Austin, TX
If you have aging skin, this foundation is really amazing. The mousse texture helps cover fine lines, it's extremely moisturizing, it's very full coverage, and it helps to fix my discoloration. The hyaluronic acid is known to be an anti-aging ingredient too. I am extremely impressed.
Word of warning though: I noticed it runs lighter than most of their other foundations. I wear shell in this, but I am alabaster in their vanishing stick foundation. Just something to consider when picking colors.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Lexington, KY
I love love love this skin tint. It is medium to full coverage. I have never hear of it until recently and it was actually suggested to me by a PA at the hospital I work at. The color is a perfect match to my skin. The formula is THICK which I prefer. It gives my dry, sensitive skin a dewy glow. It is long last and since I've been using it my skin has gotten tighter.
Michelle H.
Michelle H.
Maspeth, NY
My absolute FAVORITE, CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU Makeup item!! I use the shade Sand. This product looks like skin, blurs imperfections, and makes you look amazing. I have purchased this like 5 times already and I recommend this to everyone!!! It's a Little pricey but the coverage is worth it. It doesn't break me out and it makes my skin glow! Love Love Love!!!!!
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Perfect foundation/moisturizer for summer. It isn't drying at all and like many hourglass products, it gives the skin a glowy tint. Plus, it has SPF AND Hyleronic acid in it. Both essential ingredients for people over the age of 27. This would, for sure be a summer beach essential for me. Light coverage, golden glow plus sun safety all in one.
Beatrice d.
Beatrice d.
Los Angeles, CA
Hourglass has created the perfect lightweight tint. Illusion covered up just enough of my imperfections while still leaving an overall sheer and very natural look. You can layer this product for a bit more coverage, but I love the lighter-than-foundation look. There is something just so perfectly blendable about it :)
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
I love this foundation for summer. It has a lot of good ingredients for your skin. It is full coverage but almost has a powdery look. I always use setting powder but with this I do not. I enjoy it for summer bc of the spf and staying power. Stays on for a whole days wear even in the heat. I would recommend
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Suffern, NY
I am obsessed with this!!! It's a beautiful medium coverage foundation. I apply it first with the morphe M439 brush and then pat it in with my beautyblender and it has such a beautiful luminous, airbrush effect! I set it with the stila pore perfecting putty and it makes my skin look gorgeous!
Kristin O.
Kristin O.
Mansfield, OH
Does this work? Or does it make your face really oily??
Lauren Y.
Lauren Y.
Do you think this is worth the money? I had a sample of this an enjoyed it but I don't know if I want to spend $68 Canadian for it :S
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Douglas, GA
I have recently been looking for a cream or skin tint that will give me a light coverage for days that I just don't really feel like wearing a full coverage foundation. I was wondering if this would be the product I'm looking for, and would it be good for dry skin? Also, I saw that this product has spf 15, but does it have anything else that may be good for hydrating your skin? Thanks.
Gris H.
Gris H.
Is this foundation hydrating, for dry face?
Sara B.
Sara B.
Colbert, GA
I received a sample with my Nordstrom purchase. I loved the feel, coverage, and staying power. Are you experiencing any breakouts or issues with long term use? I wanna know before shelling out $54!!