BY HOURGLASS

A soft, blendable, long-wearing formula designed for use on the inner and outer rim of the eyes. The next generation of kohl pencils, Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil is an elongated pencil equipped with a sharpener cap to ensure precision lining with every application. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Lining your inner and outer rim brings your eyes into focus and defines your personal eye shape.

Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil
  • ". This kohl pencil is the same-- an intense true black. The texture is very soft, glides effortlessly and doesn't tug at the lids. Hourglass formulas as a rule are gentle and non irritating; this eye pencil is no exception. Tight lining, used on the waterline-- smudged across the lids- it's all good. However, the incredible softness does have its problem- like most true kohl products this pencil can run and smear all over if you're not careful, resulting in some major raccoon eyes. It's also not weather or sweat resistant, so you need to take that into account.

What I've found over a couple of months of testing this Hourglass pencil is that the best way to go is to only tight line an/or line the upper inner rim because the Film Noir Kohl will transfer enough product to the lower waterline. A primer is essential, and setting the under-eye are with a light dusting of powder is recommended, so the kohl and your concealer/corrector don't intermingle. Using a powder eye shadow over the liner is also a good move that will keep everything firmly in place. These are all normal steps for soft kohl-type eye pencils (as opposed to the waterproof no-budge ones), so I doubt I'm telling you anything new.
    " in 3 reviews
jena o.
Review for: Espresso more...

Ophelia V.
Eyeliner is a must in my makeup routine, and I really enjoyed this product - after all, I use it on an almost daily basis and I bought it at Sephora. The only room for improvement I can think of is that it gets smudged a bit too easily.
Chelsea E.
Saginaw, MI
I love the creaminess and pigmentation of this product. The color is beautiful and it's very easy to use. It's more expensive than most because it is somewhat of a luxury brand. It holds up okay in the waterline.
Ash F.
Fort Worth , TX
Hourglass never disappoints. This is the only eyeliner I use! I use it every day whether it's a anillos or glam makeup look. Super easy to apply
Lynn D.
York, SC
Great eye pencil..stays put pretty well after I use my smudger. Easy to remove with make up removing wipes without too much tugging at my eye.
Christina E.
Review for: Espresso more...
Glides on very smooth and I love this color! I would love to have a collection of various colors from this company. It is affordable too!
Kelsey A.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I am not that big of a fan of pencil eyeliner but this one definitely changed my mind and the application is so easy
Clara G.
Monte alto, TX
Probably my favorite eye pencil ever! Great color and very pigmemted! Lasted quite a while as well! Will buy again!
Kristy S.
Conway, AR
Easy to apply and wears all day nicely..affordable price and i will be buying this again!! love the formula!!
Jenna K.
Duanesburg, NY
Excellent product. So pigmented and creamy. I really love hourglass and they really brought it with this one.
Jasmine B.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
What is your experience with this product?
Christina E.
Does this brand offer various colors?