Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick
Each Ultra Slim Refillable Lipstick Delivers Saturated, Longwearing Color With A Satin Finish. Featuring The Ultimate Luxury Lip Accessory, The Sleek Gold Applicator Is Designed To Be Used Interchangeably With The Entire Collection Of Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick Refills. Elevate Lipstick To A New Level Of Luxury.
Features And Benefits:
• Delivers Creamy, Saturated, Longwearing Color With A Satin Finish Without Smudging Or Feathering
• Each Ultra Slim Lipstick Is Encapsulated In A Sleek Gold Applicator To Provide The Ultimate Control To Precisely Accentuate, Contour And Define The Lips
• The Gold Applicator Can Be Used Interchangeably With The Full Collection Of Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick Refills (Sold Separately)
• Our Curated Collection Of Shades Include Nudes, Mauves, Pinks, Berries And Reds
• Vegan & Gluten Free
• .03 Oz / .9 G
I Wish - Neutral Nude
One Day - Nude Pink
The First Time - Pinky Beige
I Lust For - Peachy Beige
I'll Never Stop - Beige Nude
I've Never - Nude Rose
I Want - Medium Rose
I Woke Up - Dusty Rose
If Only - Deep Rose
I'm Addicted - Terracotta Rose
No One Knows - Peachy Pink
I've Kissed - Pink Lilac
My Favorite - Neutral Pink
You Can Find Me - Coral Pink
I Always - Hot Pink
I Believe - Vivid Pink
I Can't Wait - Vivid Fuchsia
I Live For - Vibrant Coral
I Desire - Vivid Red Orange
I Crave - Bright Red
My Icon Is - Blue Red
Secretly - Classic Red
I Can't Live Without - Red Currant
At Night - Brick Red
I've Been - Deep Rose Brown
One Time - Aubergine
When I'm With You - Deep Magenta
When I'm Alone - Dark Berry
If I Could - True Plum
I Hide My - Deep Plum
I Dream - Pink Coral [Exclusive Shade]
I Love - Light Cool Pink [Exclusive Shade]
How To Use:
• Twist Ultra Slim Lipstick To Reveal Product And Apply. Retract Product Down Before Recapping.
How To Refill Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick:
• Hold Pointed End Of The Gold Applicator, Remove Gold Cap And Pull Out Lipstick Barrel
• Remove Black Cap Of Refill Shade, Firmly Pull Lipstick Barrel Out From The Cylindrical Black Base. Reconnect Refill Black Cap And Base With Remaining Lipstick From “step 1”
• Hold Pointed End Of The Gold Applicator And Insert New Refill Shade Into Opening Until It Clicks Into Place. Secure Gold Applicator Cap After Each Use
Top Questions See all 48 Q&A
- "I'm obsessed with these. They are super luxurious. The packaging is gorgeous. Very chic. The color selection is awesome. There's something for everybody. They are creamy and pigmented. They last long. I'll continue to repurchase." in 48 reviews
- "I love this so so so much , it's so beautiful and natural looking n my lips I love it very long lasting" in 27 reviews
- "This is a beautiful product. I say that because, lipstick + case is $34.00 ... It is a very skinny lipstick. On the plus side you can purchase a refill for $22.00. The refill has a cover that can be removed and replaced. The bottom of the refill can be used to twist the lipstick up and down. The lipstick itself is lovely. I find it to be very moisturizing without the spread outside of the lip line. I get fully opaque coverage with one stroke. There is no drag or skipping. I do not detect a fragrance or taste. This is not a long wear lipstick but I get about 4 hours as long as I don't eat or drink. The shades range from nudes to deep reds. Truly something for everyone I believe that these lipsticks are fundamentally centred around the packaging. These are not what I'd call practical lipsticks - they're luxuries. Pull one of these lipsticks out of your handbag and all eyes in the vicinity will be on you (and yes, some of those eyes will be rolling). I went to sephora and tried it i am happy with i crave since red color never comes well on my lips but with i crave it is fantastic, its pigment and hydration everything." in 15 reviews
My biggest problem with these is color. Perhaps I should have waited to see more swatches, but the color I received is nothing like it looked online or how it was described. I ordered "I've Kissed," a "pink lilac," and it's quite warm. I'd accept that it might just pull peachy on me, but even in the tube it's just... not lilac at all.
Next issue, the size of the product. I knew going into it that it was .9g, but I need to reiterate that that's _very small_. It's like deluxe sample size. The refills make it look like they might have a decentish amount of product, but they're only filled half the way up.
The packaging on this IS quite beautiful, but it's not quite as hefty as I'd expected. It also doesn't stand upright as easily as I would have thought. Still though, beautiful, slim, perfect. Love it. Despite the outrageous cost per gram I'll probably refill this when I run out.
As for the good, the formula on this is nice. This color was opaque in one coat, and while it comes off with food, it lasted a good four to six hours without touch ups while not eating. Application is very easy, as the small surface allows you to be very precise.
While this is fun, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're already into luxury(ish) lipsticks. The formula, while good, is nothing special. If you want one nice lipstick (or to start a collection), either NARS Audacious Lipstick or Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick will make you feel similarly fancy, have as good (or better) a formula, and each tube has 4x as much product. If you want a fancy tube, there are fancier (I see you, The History of Whoo).
This lipstick is incredibly chic and luxe. It is definitely not an inexpensive purchase but if you are wanting to treat yourself this is the perfect option. The formula is creamy and so comfortable, not necessarily an all day wear but still very long lasting. This is a nice change from the matte lipsticks that have been so popular the last few years.
I had been a bit apprehensive about buying these lipsticks and this set. I had previously seen it online quite a few times because I literally go through the entire site every day and just plan for my next 200 dollar or more purchase lol.
I wanted to try these because they looked so pretty and luxe but to buy the tube and a color initially was pretty pricy and I always check weights and price per item break down in order to get the best deal and thats why i went with this. At 54 dollars for 3 refill colors and one lipstick tube it's much cheaper than per lipstick single.
Of course you don't get to pick your colors so that's the downside with sets but this company did a pretty decent job about picking 3 pretty universally flattering colors and not just a bunch of bright reds like SOME companies sets.
So yes these are smaller in amount than your regular solid lipstick bullet but honestly to be able to purchase multiple colors and refills from this brand for this bullet so you can keep this in your purse every day and switch off colors a smaller and in turn cheaper bullet is best because the main attraction is the tube so I think it makes sense for this specific collection and have nothing against it for that because this is an expensive brand and to be able to own multiples for the average person it would need to be cheaper and they found a way.
It's super easy to switch out the colors. You uncap the bottom and top of the refill tube and then open the lipstick bullet and remove old lipstick by simply pulling straight out then push the new bullet in and recap with only the gold lipstick bullet cap. Keep at least the top cap to the refill if you intend to switch out the colors so you have a way to cover the refills back up once they are removed from the bullet.
The bullet is what really caught my eye here. It looks like a vintage 20s cigarette holder. It is very sleek, se×y and expensive looking.
When you hold it it feels heavy, and very smooth. It's cold metal to the touch and heavy enough that together it makes it feel super luxe.
I absolutely love it. It's so easy to use and refill and convenient and small enough to travel with. It's sturdy enough and made well enough that I don't worry keeping it in my purse. It doesn't scratch but it is a magnet for fingerprints so wipe it after every use. It clicks shut and is very secure. It twists up at the refill to make more come up when you need it to self sharpen.
The formula is very pigmented and a little goes a very long way. So use a very light touch and you will get a good amount of use out of each refill despite its small size.
It is very creamy feeling and looking so I would definitely describe it as a cream finish. Almost exactly like urban decay vice lipstick creme finish with a tiny bit more shine.
It's super moisturizing and doesn't catch around dry skin during the winter.
It makes my lips and the skin on them feel really nice while and after wearing it.
They have a fantastic selection of colors. There's many for every style and skin color and tone.
I love the confessions marketing on this one. It is pretty gimmicky I think we can all admit but it's very feminine and adds to the elegant luxe feel and look of the entire bullet. It's almost like my little secret to ponder with each different name.
The colors in this set are a bit light and pink based more than anything so if you're not super into that Then Google swatches of each color so you know what to expect.
I love the outer packaging this came with. It's very thick and sturdy and looks nice and has a nice amd expensive looking texture to it. It also has a nice little round area for each refill and the tube and it's very securely packaged so I'd keep this for travel.
It's also packaged perfectly for that makeup lover in your life as a gift.
Overall I love the entire collection and am super happy I purchased it. I totally recommend.
I wouldn't suggest buying from anywhere but an authorized retailer like hourglass's website or sephora or you will most likely be getting a fake and it won't matter what you think you saved on it because it won't be anywhere near the quality and color and performance of the real thing.
Each new lipstick costs $34, which looking at its packaging, I can see why. The gold applicator looks and carries like a sophisticated pen, making it perfect for busy people always on the go. It's easy to keep in your purse to apply and reapply. It also allows for more precision in applying the product.
A refill costs $22 which is more wallet-friendly. This saves them packaging costs and you're able to use the same applicator interchangeably with different refill shades.
The color is highly pigmented. I accidentally rubbed mine on my little Yorkie Poo and he had pink fur for a while. The formula was not as drying compared to other lipsticks, so I can see myself wearing this every day without drying my lips out. The ultra slim design doesn't hold a lot of product, but again, a little goes a long way.
There are many shades to choose from and I love the names for each one. With the precision tip, I likely will mix and match into different looks... maybe even an ombre!
*PRO TIP* Use a lip primer and/or setting powder to make the look last even longer.
Disclaimer: I tested the Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick in store as part of a contest.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos