BY HOURGLASS

Each ultra slim refillable lipstick delivers saturated, longwearing color with a satin finish. Featuring the ultimate luxury lip accessory, the sleek gold applicator is designed to be used interchangeably with the entire collection of Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick Refills. Elevate lipstick to a new level of luxury.

Application Instructions: Twist ultra slim lipstick to reveal product and apply. Retract product down before recapping.

How to refill Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick:

1. Hold pointed end of the gold applicator, remove gold cap and pull out lipstick barrel
  2. Remove black cap of refill shade, firmly pull lipstick barrel out from cylindrical black base. Reconnect refill black cap and base with remaining lipstick from "Step 1"
  3. Hold pointed end of gold applicator and insert new refill shade into opening until it clicks into place. Secure gold applicator cap after use

• What's your favorite color?2 Answers
  • Omg!! I love hourglass and I cannot wait to try this lipstick on ...2 Answers
  • I haven't tried it yet and it's gotten mixed reviews so far. Any ...2 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick I Desire 0.3 oz/ 9 g
Heads will turn when you pull out this luxe lipstick!
I had been a bit apprehensive about buying these lipsticks and this set. I had previously seen it online quite a few times because I literally go through the entire site every day and just plan for my next 200 dollar or more purchase lol.
I wanted to try these because they looked so pretty and luxe but to buy the tube and a color initially was pretty pricy and I always check weights and price per item break down in order to get the best deal and thats why i went with this. At 54 dollars for 3 refill colors and one lipstick tube it's much cheaper than per lipstick single.
Of course you don't get to pick your colors so that's the downside with sets but this company did a pretty decent job about picking 3 pretty universally flattering colors and not just a bunch of bright reds like SOME companies sets.
So yes these are smaller in amount than your regular solid lipstick bullet but honestly to be able to purchase multiple colors and refills from this brand for this bullet so you can keep this in your purse every day and switch off colors a smaller and in turn cheaper bullet is best because the main attraction is the tube so I think it makes sense for this specific collection and have nothing against it for that because this is an expensive brand and to be able to own multiples for the average person it would need to be cheaper and they found a way.
It's super easy to switch out the colors. You uncap the bottom and top of the refill tube and then open the lipstick bullet and remove old lipstick by simply pulling straight out then push the new bullet in and recap with only the gold lipstick bullet cap. Keep at least the top cap to the refill if you intend to switch out the colors so you have a way to cover the refills back up once they are removed from the bullet.
The bullet is what really caught my eye here. It looks like a vintage 20s cigarette holder. It is very sleek, se×y and expensive looking.
When you hold it it feels heavy, and very smooth. It's cold metal to the touch and heavy enough that together it makes it feel super luxe.
I absolutely love it. It's so easy to use and refill and convenient and small enough to travel with. It's sturdy enough and made well enough that I don't worry keeping it in my purse. It doesn't scratch but it is a magnet for fingerprints so wipe it after every use. It clicks shut and is very secure. It twists up at the refill to make more come up when you need it to self sharpen.
The formula is very pigmented and a little goes a very long way. So use a very light touch and you will get a good amount of use out of each refill despite its small size.
It is very creamy feeling and looking so I would definitely describe it as a cream finish. Almost exactly like urban decay vice lipstick creme finish with a tiny bit more shine.
It's super moisturizing and doesn't catch around dry skin during the winter.
It makes my lips and the skin on them feel really nice while and after wearing it.
They have a fantastic selection of colors. There's many for every style and skin color and tone.
I love the confessions marketing on this one. It is pretty gimmicky I think we can all admit but it's very feminine and adds to the elegant luxe feel and look of the entire bullet. It's almost like my little secret to ponder with each different name.
The colors in this set are a bit light and pink based more than anything so if you're not super into that Then Google swatches of each color so you know what to expect.
I love the outer packaging this came with. It's very thick and sturdy and looks nice and has a nice amd expensive looking texture to it. It also has a nice little round area for each refill and the tube and it's very securely packaged so I'd keep this for travel.
It's also packaged perfectly for that makeup lover in your life as a gift.
Overall I love the entire collection and am super happy I purchased it. I totally recommend.
I wouldn't suggest buying from anywhere but an authorized retailer like hourglass's website or sephora or you will most likely be getting a fake and it won't matter what you think you saved on it because it won't be anywhere near the quality and color and performance of the real thing.
Holly K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick I Woke Up 0.3 oz/ 9 g
I Woke Up is a perfect mauve pink that isn't too warm or cool. This has to be my new favorite lipstick formula- or tied with Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution. The Confession lipstick has a plush hydrating feel that clings to the lips, key word clings. It feels like it molds to your lips in the most comfortable luxurious way. That feeling is everything I've ever wanted in a lipstick. It is a cream formula but I'd say it has a satin finish that doesn't budge or smear. It will slightly transfer to a cup but still leave color behind. I debated only purchasing a refill but you really do need to purchase one gold case and then can swap shades with refills but it's too flimsy without the case. Check out TheBeautyLookBook's website article where she swatches and lip swatches each shade. For the price it's a very small amount of product, but think about how often you actually finish a lipstick. That put it into perspective for me. 100% recommend.
Rita D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick If Only 0.3 oz/ 9 g
I love everything from hourglass but I feel conflicted with this product. I love the packaging, it is very luxurious. It looks like a cigarette holder and is very thin and sleek. I like the concept of the lipstick being refillable, I wish more companies would start doing that. The formula itself is very silky and smooth. The lipstick is really creamy and dries down to a satin finish. It doesn't settle into the lines on my lips and accentuate dryness. The formula is also quite moisturizing so it's really comfortable to wear. The opacity of this lipstick is also very good, you only need one swipe and you're good to go. Because the lipstick is so thin you are really able to skip the liner if you're putting on a bold color. The staying power of this is pretty long and it's really easy to touch up. The major issue I have with this product is the price point. I know hourglass products are expensive but I feel this is WAY overpriced. You get such a little amount of product for the price. They say that they made the lipstick thin so we can be precise with our application (which is true) but is that really the reason? I'm fine with how thin it is but the price point doesn't match.
Linda M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick One Day 0.3 oz/ 9 g, Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick No One Knows 0.3 oz/ 9 g, Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick If Only 0.3 oz/ 9 g
These Hourglass lippies are wonderful! The packaging: to die for! Sleek and elegant, it’s the lippie you want to freshen up in public. The colors: highly pigmented with a satin finish. I do recommend wearing a lip conditioner under them to keep your lips from drying.
Trisha F.
Charlottesvle, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the design of this lipstick and how easy it is to use and refill. The lip colors are moisturizing and very pigmented. The lipstick tube is super slim but tall so there is a decent amount of product in the lipstick. A great choice for a high end lipstick that is also cruelty free!
Squeaky F.
Saint Paul, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick I've Kissed 0.3 oz/ 9 g, I've Kissed
I love lipstick and when I saw the gorgeous packaging on these I knew I had to have at least one. I now have one, but I think it's going to stay that way. While the tube is beautiful and fun, and the lipstick is a good formula, it didn't become a new holy grail.

My biggest problem with these is color. Perhaps I should have waited to see more swatches, but the color I received is nothing like it looked online or how it was described. I ordered "I've Kissed," a "pink lilac," and it's quite warm. I'd accept that it might just pull peachy on me, but even in the tube it's just... not lilac at all.

Next issue, the size of the product. I knew going into it that it was .9g, but I need to reiterate that that's _very small_. It's like deluxe sample size. The refills make it look like they might have a decentish amount of product, but they're only filled half the way up.

The packaging on this IS quite beautiful, but it's not quite as hefty as I'd expected. It also doesn't stand upright as easily as I would have thought. Still though, beautiful, slim, perfect. Love it. Despite the outrageous cost per gram I'll probably refill this when I run out.

As for the good, the formula on this is nice. This color was opaque in one coat, and while it comes off with food, it lasted a good four to six hours without touch ups while not eating. Application is very easy, as the small surface allows you to be very precise.

While this is fun, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're already into luxury(ish) lipsticks. The formula, while good, is nothing special. If you want one nice lipstick (or to start a collection), either NARS Audacious Lipstick Collection or  BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick Collection will make you feel similarly fancy, have as good (or better) a formula, and each tube has 4x as much product. If you want a fancy tube, there are fancier (I see you, The History of Whoo).
Mel B.
Indianapolis , IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick I'm Addicted 0.3 oz/ 9 g
Most gorgeous packaging ever!
This lipstick is incredibly chic and luxe. It is definitely not an inexpensive purchase but if you are wanting to treat yourself this is the perfect option. The formula is creamy and so comfortable, not necessarily an all day wear but still very long lasting. This is a nice change from the matte lipsticks that have been so popular the last few years.
Anna M.
LONG BEACH, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick I Believe 0.3 oz/ 9 g
When I first heard about the new Hourglass Confession lipsticks, I absolutely wanted to try it! They are refillable which is very appealing to someone who is eco-conscious like me.

Each new lipstick costs $34, which looking at its packaging, I can see why. The gold applicator looks and carries like a sophisticated pen, making it perfect for busy people always on the go. It's easy to keep in your purse to apply and reapply. It also allows for more precision in applying the product.

A refill costs $22 which is more wallet-friendly. This saves them packaging costs and you're able to use the same applicator interchangeably with different refill shades.

The color is highly pigmented. I accidentally rubbed mine on my little Yorkie Poo and he had pink fur for a while. The formula was not as drying compared to other lipsticks, so I can see myself wearing this every day without drying my lips out. The ultra slim design doesn't hold a lot of product, but again, a little goes a long way.

There are many shades to choose from and I love the names for each one. With the precision tip, I likely will mix and match into different looks... maybe even an ombre!

*PRO TIP* Use a lip primer and/or setting powder to make the look last even longer.

Disclaimer: I tested the Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick in store as part of a contest.
Ariana M.
Marysville, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick Secretly 0.3 oz/ 9 g
I only recommend this if you’re into collecting cool package cosmetics. The formula isnt really long lasting and there isn’t a great range of colors. Most are neutral. Easy to apply and feels nice and heavy. I dont recommend for someone who really wants variety and a nice long lasting lipstick but more of a vanity decoration or statement piece.
Jennifer J.
Brunswick, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm addicted to this lipstick! I purchased thru Sephora. And the color is to die for! I'm a first time user, and the awesome thing is you can refill them, it's long lasting and I will be purchasing other colors! Highly recommend for others to try!!!!
Stephanie N.
Philadelphia, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried out these lipsticks yet? How is the formula and wear time on it? I love the packaging but is the product worth it?
Marisol H.
Naples, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I can't believe these are refillable?! How is the wear? #mysecretweapon
Anastasia M.
Austin, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite color?
Cheryla J.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I haven't tried it yet and it's gotten mixed reviews so far. Any ladies out there tried it please let me know what you think of it.
Eri B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Omg!! I love hourglass and I cannot wait to try this lipstick on to love it even more!!!