BY HOURGLASS #91 in Highlighter

Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powders are formulated in a sheer base that’s infused with concentrated, ultra-fine mico-pearl particles in a number of sizes and refraction levels for natural-looking luminescence—without leaving a heavy metallic finish. Developed with Photoluminescent Technology it captures, diffuses, and softens surrounding light to refine the appearance of the skin. Use it wet or dry for different levels of intensity, taking you from an everyday strobe highlight to a dramatic evening strobe highlight. These universally flattering shades are perfect for all skintones, and they’re designed to be used with the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor (sold separately) for the most effortless application.

• Is the ambient strobe lighting powder like the ambient powders an...2 Answers
  • How are these with a pale skin tone?2 Answers
  • How are these different from the other ambient lighting powders?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Beatrice d.
Los Angeles, CA
Hourglass products are like the holy grail to me. The ingredients and packaging are always top notch and every teeny item I have purchased from the line feels like something precious to me.
I love the glowing highlighted looks I have been seeing this year and was really hoping that despite being as pale as a ghost that I too could pull off the perfect light kissed look.
After much time contemplating which Strobe to try out, I chose the Brilliant color. Compared to the other 3 options, this one has a more yellow-beige tone than the others which I would call pink tones.
Because my skin naturally has pink under tones, I tend to avoid too much pink makeup.

The Brilliant Strobe is a gorgeous color. You can brush it on for a lighter look or apply it wet for a heavier look. Unfortunately for me, either way I apply this highlighter the color wasn't actually any lighter than my skin... Sigh.

While this product can help everyone else look beautifully glowy, I'll be over here in envy.
Heather M.
Harold, KY
These are absolutely gorgeous & can be beautifully subtle or in your face glam.... According to how you apply it! They are smooth, not powdery & blend to perfection on the cheekbone & wherever you decide to highlight! Use a fan brush to add a lit from within subtle glow to the cheeks or spray a highlighting brush with Fix+ or Water and apply for a Glamourous, in your face kind of glow! Every color is a win in my opinion & id recommend these to anyone of any skin tone! Btw, these aren't chalky AT ALL like many other intense highlights!
Alice S.
Metairie, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ehhh. I have this in incandescent strobe light and while it's "ok", it's really nothing to write home about. Now, this could be because I'm too fair skinned for this product so I hesitate to be too hard on it. I WILL say that there are positives - it's a very fine powder and it's not glitter either. I do wear it on days I want subtle highlight, but personally, it's not a favorite. I'm wearing it in the attached picture and I feel you can barely tell - my blush is giving me more highlight than this powder.
Nancy W.
Somerset, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had heard all kind of hype about these highlighters, and I have to say that I understand all of the hype now. These are beautiful highlighters. They give you such a beautiful, natural looking highlight. You can either go light & natural, Or build it up for a more glam look. they're just so gorgeous on the skin. They are a little pricey, but they are beautiful. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who can afford it, or is looking for a great splurge product.
Brooke V.
I purchased the shade Iridescent Light. This is a beautiful, shimmery highlighter that I like to use on my cheekbones, on my lids or as a brow highlight and sometimes as a light dusting all over my face. This is worth this money and I highly recommend this product. I think that with the 4 shades, there is a powder for just about everyone. This is not sparkly, or shiny. It gives me a natural glow with a beautiful, understated shimmer. I love it!
Jillian M.
Rosemount, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hourglass strobe lighting powders are absolutely beautiful for a subtle intense glow! If you're looking to highlight without glitter and give you a natural light within glow you should absolutely try these! I've used every single product in their line and these are amazing just like everything else. They are a bit of an investment, but are extremely long lasting in the pigmentation and color pay off is absolutely worth it.
Kristin W.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
I have this in incandescent light. I got this at Sephora and I really love it. The only problem I have is that it doesn't last all day on me. I use other highlighters (the Anastasia Kit, the set from Pat McGrath, and Makeup Revolution) and they all last most of the day, this only lasts a few hours. However it is an insanely beautiful powder, and give the best glow. So I usually forgive it not lasting to long.
Sara P.
West Seneca , NY
These strobing powders are just kind of OK to me. I'm a highlight junkie and in comparison to others these don't really stand out. It's disappointing because the ambient lighting powders from HG are phenomenal. These also have a variety of finishes and tones, they have a great velvety texture, but they fall short for me. With highlights from Anastasia or Becca, I feel like I see a better distinct glow.
Savannah G.
I love the Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders by Hourglass. While they are a bit pricey, the powder is perfection. It goes on smoothly, gives my skin a nice ethereal glow, and stays put. What more could I want? I'm not a fan of highlighters that are chalky or that are overly intense, so being able to wear this and having it look natural was important to me. I would highly recommend this product.
Kasey W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Absolutely LOVE this highlighter! It isn't overly glittery where you look like you just played with craft glitter, but it adds a gorgeous illuminating glow to your face! I usually wear it when I'm going out not on a daily basis (that's a personal preference in general). There isn't any fallout and the highlighter stays put. Easy to blend as well! I use shade "Euphoric" and I am in love!
Maggie H.
Are these an intense highlight and are they any good for fair completed girls like me?
Rebecca N.
Cumming, GA
What's your favorite color?
Darienne K.
Victoria, BC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do these have glitter or shimmer? Or are they just luminous powders? I haven't had a chance to go and swatch them in store yet. Thanks for any insight!
kassi a.
Beauty Junkie Expert
i am sooo curious about these! i really want one but i think theyre a little expensive. are they trully worth it for being about 40$ each?
Angelina A.
TUCSON, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
These look beautiful but are they worth the price?