5 colors available

BY HOURGLASS #43 in Highlighter

A collection of six universally-flattering finishing powders that recreate the most flattering light. Create the perfect illumination for your face with Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Powder. Infused with the innovative Photoluminescent Technology, each finishing powder captures, diffuses, and softens the look of the skin. The micron-size, color-correcting particles refract light and create transparent coverage, filtering out harsh light and refining the appearance of the skin. It is formulated Without: - Parabens "I learned early on how different types of light can truly flatter the complexion. Growing up, my mother had pink light bulbs in all of the lamps throughout the house. She loved pink light because it was the softest and most flattering, and she always wanted to look good. I used this concept of lighting in Ambient Lighting Powder." Carisa Janes, Hourglass Founder Ambient® Lighting Powder comes in six shades: Ethereal Light: An opalescent sheer, cool white powder that mimics a moonlit glow, even in broad daylight. Diffused Light: A soft, warm, pale yellow powder that conceals redness and gives skin clarity like a soft ray of morning light. Dim Light: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones. Mood Light: A soft, sheer lavender pink powder that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion. Luminous Light: A champagne pearl powder that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow day or night. Radiant Light: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow. see more...

• I am very fair what's the best color for me. I like a very natural ...5 Answers
  • Does this highlighter have allot of fallout? How pigmented is it? 4 Answers
  • Is this product worth the money, if so is it a surtle highlighter?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Yisha Y.
Yisha Y.
Long Beach, CA
I can't find any powder that could compare to this hourglass one. At first I don't wanna buy it became its kinda pricy and when I switched the powder at Sephora I couldn't tell if it would be that amazing like everyone said. So I waited until I got the Sephora VIB sale so I finally bought it! Oh my god the first day I put it on my face to school, the girl sits next to me said:"you look so healthy today, your skin has this nice glow." And she's not the only person gave me compliments on one day. I noticed that after few hours you apply the power it looks the best, because your body heat let the powder melt into your skin even better. It is definitely worth the price! It brings your make up to another level, it blurs and smooth any textual on your skin, leaves you a beautiful, settle glow!
Natasha V.
Natasha V.
Greensboro, GA
Made from the heavens above!!! I have this single product in Ethereal Light and I also have the lighting trio palette that features Dim Light, Incandescent Light and Radiant Light. Both are probably my favorite and most used products I own. The single Ambient lighting powder in Ethereal Light is a bright white shade with an almost not noticeable shimmer. It doesn't shimmer on the skin it gives a soft heavenly glow. This particular shade is not for everyone. Only the fair skinned or light but not medium skin I would suggest this for to be honest. I use this to set makeup under my eyes and top of my cheeks. I sometimes use it all over. It's a dream product but please don't expect a shimmer or you will be disappointed. #musesofinfluencer
Maria E.
Maria E.
Paulden, AZ
Review for: Mood
So this range is an all time favourite for me. Definitely in my top five ever products.
They create a soft filtered effect in the skin which is unlike any other highlighting powder I've ever used. I love it so much I've bought three separate colours, plus the palette, plus a blush. Photographs like a dream.
This particular colour is a soft pink, so it's unlikely to be a great colour for 'all over'- it's more a soft highlighter. On tanned skin it works as highlighter, on pale skin it doubles as a soft blush. Try it over another blush to enhance the texture and effect, you won't be disappointed. Looks best after about an hour as it ' settles' on the skin. Worth paying the $$$
Brianna Z.
Brianna Z.
W Springfield, MA
I have used the luminous and dim light versions and love both. I use the luminous light mainly under the eyes because it has a slight shimmer and I use the dim light all over.

These powders are not so light that they are unable to set my makeup and not so heavy that they seem cakey on me. I like that I only need a little, because this is quite an expensive powder, and this has lasted me ages. I must also say they are quite beautiful and were one of the first powders to provide a diffused look to your skin.

Overall I do love this just hate the idea of running out.
Missy W.
Missy W.
Woodstock, GA
AMAZING! I am obsessed with mine! The first time I tried it I went to Sephora specifically for a different highlighter palette. I tried this one and fell in instant love. I didn't want to be impulsive since I had done my research on the other pallet and decided to purchase the one I originally came for..... Needless to say I couldn't stop thinking about it it and returned for it. The original highlighter was a waste. Hourglass is the best!! It help with contouring, give my face depth and shine and manages not to look too "done". It's just magic!
Luisa F.
Luisa F.
Kansas City, MO
I wanted to like this powder sooooooo much. I LOVE hourglass products. I own Luminous Light which is a pale pinky champagne finish. The color on the pot is BEAUTIFUL and it goes on the brush well the problem is that I cannot see it. I normally use Sephora's baked highlighter but wanted to experiment with different shades. I don't know if it is because of my skin color or what but I don't notice a difference. I would not buy this highlighter again.
Trisch I.
Trisch I.
Tampa, FL
I got this powder in Diffused Light, as my first individual highlighter and I love it. I was previously using a contour/highlighter duo by NARS, and I still absolutely love the NARS contour, but this highlighter does wonders. It makes my cheek bones and jaw-line stand out wonderfully, and it also covers dark circles! It's a great highlight without making me look shiny, which I was totally afraid of going into trying a new highlighter.
Isabella K.
Isabella K.
Sandy, UT
I have this in ethereal light, which gives the most beautiful glow to your skin. It blends very well and lasts throughout the day, but I would probably not repurchase this. The full-size is $46 dollars and I find myself reaching for the Becca highlighters more often (which have more of a shimmer to them and are more visible). If you have the money and looking for a very refined and subtle highlight, I would recommend this product.
Leigh R.
Leigh R.
Review for: Diffused
My favorite of the Ambient Lighting powders. This one has a subtle yellow tone that helps to cancel out redness while giving my skin a nice healthy glow. Since it's not a true highlighter I don't have to obsess over how precisely I apply it. Generally I use a large fluffy brush and sort of windshield wipe across my face hitting the highest points hardest and softly dusting the more recessed areas.
Brianna Q.
Brianna Q.
Batavia, NY
All time favorite highlighter. The powder is so silky and smooth, and goes on well using a brush or your fingers dry, or used with a damp sponge for a more intense shine and glow. They have several colors that work for different looks and different skin tones, They are a little pricey for some budgets, at $38 per square and $80 for a palette. However, they are worth the money in my opinion.
Tori R.
Tori R.
Garfield Hts, OH
I like very glowy highlight powders? Is this super glowy?
Christina R.
Christina R.
Saint Louis, MO
I have been looking at this product to purchase for sometime a lot Of people say that it's not a great color pay off and some say it is, is this product really worth the Money for the color payout?
Teresa M.
Teresa M.
Paços de ferreira Alem eiriz
I am very fair what's the best color for me. I like a very natural look
Emma C.
Emma C.
Westfield, NJ
Is this worth the price? Also, will it make me look like a disco ball?
Amanda Z.
Amanda Z.
Grand Rapids, MI
Does this highlighter have allot of fallout? How pigmented is it?