6 colors available

BY HOURGLASS #15 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A universal finishing powder that features state-of-the-art technology to recreate the most exquisitely flattering types of light. Create your perfect light. Ambient Lighting Powder is a groundbreaking collection of finishing powders that capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on your skin. Unlike traditional powders, which merely cloak imperfections, Ambient Lighting Powder utilizes photoluminescent technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion. The powders deliver a multidimensional luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer, younger, and lit-from-within. The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography. With six universal shades available, you can create your desired effect—not unlike having a personal lighting technician. Ambient is free of talc, gluten, fragrance, and nanoparticles. It is available in six universally flattering shades from least pearl to most pearl.

Ethereal Light: A sheer, cool tone that eliminates shine and mimics a moonlit glow—even in broad daylight.

Diffused Light: A soft, warm, pale yellow that reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity.

Dim Light: A neutral soft beige that provides a perfect balance of warm and cool tones to blur imperfections.

Mood Light: A soft, sheer lavender pink that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion.

Luminous Light: A champagne pearl that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow—day or night.

Radiant Light: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth.

It is formulated without parabens.

• Hey Ya'll! I'm looking for a powder to put over my foundation. I no...6 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this in the shade Ethereal?2 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was super disappointed considering all the hype surrounding this product. I had avoided this brand because it seemed to be all hype with no conversation about extreme quality to back it up like it was just another status symbol to the mainstream. I purchased the new ambient light blush palette & fell in love! So it convinced me that this brand must be legit. I immediately went out & purchased this powder in full size in dim light (because they were out of mood light) and purchased their primer in mood light. Both products sucked. As a finishing powder it's not good compared to many I've tried. Doesn't even compare to mufe hd finishing powder and the "lighting" theory is bs. The dim light is way too dark for my skin and I'm always two to three shades in from the lightest in any foundation collection. At first I thought maybe my brush wasn't clean so I cleaned it and tried it again next day. Same issue ever since. My kabuki is amazing and I still don't get that flawless look. Returned.
Haley V.
Haley V.
So this is one of my classic, everyday, "must have" products. Even when I travel, this makes it into my overnight makeup bag. This powder produces a beautiful, natural finish on my skin without giving it that "powder-y" look that a lot of translucent powders tend to do. It has a light reflective quality that isn't overtly shimmery that helps skin to look airbrushed and de-emphasizes imperfections without adding coverage. I recommend getting the shade that is closest to your skin tone and using it as a setting powder instead of using it as a highlight-- I use the shade Diffused Light and am considering picking up Ethereal Light as well :) I have combination skin, and it doesn't necessarily control oil, but it does "set" my foundation if it still feels tacky. Overall, a beautiful, luxurious product. I do find that it lasts a long time. I have been using the same compact for over 6 months, every day, and have not run out or hit pan yet.

Update: I picked up Ethereal light and it is gorg.
Sharyn A.
Sharyn A.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
I bought this in Dim Light. I used it as an all over powder over a liquid foundation and applied it with a fluffy powder brush. Indoors it looked fine but when i left for work I saw the results in more natural lighting. My face looked orangey/peachy all over and made it look like my foundation had oxidized which i know it does not. I wanted to like the product so I tried to use it in other ways. I found that just using it on my cheeks gave me a little flush of color and worked ok in that area. Another way I found on YouTube was to use it to kick off your bake for under eye concealer. It helps the under eye area look not cakey and gives a little color. Overall for the price and what i can use it for i will not repurchase this color.
sandra l.
sandra l.
San Luis Obispo, CA
I'm actually obsessed with this product.
The first time I ever tried this, the woman working at sephora told me that this product makes you glow. She put this on my face, and proceeded to tell me that this powder is supposed to mimic the pink lighting that the creator was used to seeing in her home, from her mothers pink lighting bulbs they would use.

As soon as miss sephora employee finished with putting the powder on, i remember telling her that I looked blurry ! Blurry, in the best way possible ! I felt Photoshopped lol, and I needed this product in my life.

This is perfect if you ever want to glow, without the sparkle and glitter of a highlighter. Just perfection.
Trisha F.
Trisha F.
Charlottesvle, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of the best powders on the market for giving anyone a diffused, soft and ethereal look. Hourglass makes ambient lighting powders in six shades to compliment a variety of skin tones. I use the shades Diffused Light and Ethereal light to set my foundation and I have light skin. I find that it gives a blurring illusion that make my skin appear airbrushed and flawless. The Diffused Light powder also cancels some redness because it's a yellow based powder. Also, if you have acne scars or blemishes this powder does a wonderful job of blurring imperfections and giving your skin a flawless appearance. Next time you go to Sephora be sure to check this out. #contest
Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.
Chstnt Hl Cv, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders have been a favorite of mine since they were released. Dim Light is the perfect all over face powder for my complexion (this will vary based on your skin tone) and I love to use Diffused Light (a pale yellow) under my eyes or as a subtle highlight. Those two shades have been my favorites for a long time now, but I recently picked up Luminous Light which I've heard dubbed the "bridal highlight." I picked this up because I was doing the makeup for a wedding party and I wanted to make sure everyone was absolutely radiant, but that the highlight wasn't overkill in photos. Everyone was gushing over how great their skin looked!
Maddie T.
Maddie T.
Blacksburg, VA
Review for: Ethereal Light
This is an amazing finishing powder for us fair-skinned ladies, especially cool-toned. This definitely gives you an ethereal glow, think the elves in Lord of the Rings. If you don't want to emphasize your paleness, this product is not for you. This has a subtle glow and is not particularly glittery/shimmery - I like to use it to set my whole face, adding more powder in areas I've concealed/want to highlight, especially under the eyes and down the nose. Though it's expensive, you get a lot of product, a beautiful sturdy case, and it takes forever to get through - I've used it every day for a year and haven't hit pan. Holy grail status for me!
Christina Z.
Christina Z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is stunning! It may not look like much in the compact, but it seriously is like magic powder or something!
It's very silky smooth and fine milled, it's not a BAM in your face highlighter, it's a beautiful soft radiant filter like powder that mask imperfections. You apply it all over your face after you set your makeup and it captures light so perfect, kind of like a picture filter!
There's different shades but all have the same overall effect. It's a little pricey but we'll worth it. You get a generous amount and it will take forever to use it all. I highly recommend this!
Giulia Z.
Giulia Z.
Clinton Twp, MI
The best highlighter eve! It gives you the best shimmer and shine. I have this pictures and my cheeks are absolutely amazing thanks to this. Perfect for that extra vavoom around the holidays! I've tried so many other highlighters in the past and nothing compares.

I apply it over where I apply my blush and that's about it. I haven't experienced much use out of the cheeks. I am generous with application and have yet to over you do it. It's translucent yet glam when applied.

I've tried sephora brand, tart, Anastasia, MAC, and this blows them all out of the water!! Def recommend.
Katie S.
Katie S.
Durham, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
WOW. This product is amazing. I own this in "Dim Light". Do not be mistaken. This is NOT a highlighter. Nor is it a setting powder for foundation. I use this after I apply all of my other skin care items (foundation, concealer, setting powder, bronzer, blush, highlighter, etc), and it makes all of the lines "blur" seamlessly. And it truly does blur imperfections. Of course it doesn't make my face look flawless - because it's not. But it looks a heck of a lot better than it does when I don't use this product!! Have, and will continue to, repurchase.
Becky R.
Becky R.
Is this worth the money because i have heard great reviews but it is very expensive?
Megan G.
Megan G.
Madera, CA
Is this a setting powder or a highlight?
Michelle B.
Michelle B.
Woods Cross, UT
Hey Ya'll! I'm looking for a powder to put over my foundation. I normally use Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder but I'm thinking of trying Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish, 8.3g. Thoughts or any better options? Thanks babes
Mercedes R.
Mercedes R.
Yuma, AZ
OK so I know the foundation is awesome! So makes me want to try this product anyone have it how's the pigmentation?
Emilee D.
Emilee D.
I want this so bad is it worth the money?