BY HOURGLASS #36 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Create Your Perfect Light With This Wardrobe Of Six Universal Finishing Powders That Recreate The Most Exquisitely Flattering Light—from Ethereal Moonlight To Luminous Candlelight. Each Powder Captures, Diffuses And Softens Surrounding Light With Groundbreaking Photoluminescent Technology. Available In 6 Shades.

Features And Benefits:

• Powders Mimic Six Universally Flattering Light Sources, From Morning Light To Candlelight, Allowing Clients To Build A Wardrobe Of Options—not Unlike Having A Personal Lighting Technician At Your Disposal.
• By Manipulating And Filtering Out Harsh Light, Powders Conceal Skin Imperfections, Pores And Wrinkles.
• State-of-the-art Formula Delivers A Multi-dimensional Luminescence To Every Skin Tone, Making It Appear Softer, Younger And Perfectly Lit.
• Universal Powders Make Them Suitable For Every Skin Tone, While Each Can Be Worn Day And Night.
• The Finishing Powders Enhance Skin In Any Type Of Light, Including Flash Photography.
• .35 Oz / 10 G

Available In 6 Shades:
• Ethereal Light: An Opalescent Sheer, Cool White Powder That Mimics A Moonlit Glow—even In Broad Daylight.
• Diffused Light: A Soft, Warm, Pale Yellow Powder That Conceals Redness And Gives Skin Clarity—like A Soft Ray Of Morning Light.
• Dim Light: A Neutral Peach Beige Powder That Blurs Imperfections And Highlights A Radiant Complexion With The Perfect Balance Of Warm And Cool Tones.
• Mood Light: A Soft, Sheer Lavender Pink Powder That Mimics The Softest, Most Forgiving Light And Brightens The Complexion.
• Luminous Light: A Champagne Pearl Powder That Creates A Soft, Incandescent Candlelit Glow—day Or Night.
• Radiant Light: A Sun-kissed Golden Beige That Enhances Overall Complexion With Believable, Subtle Warmth, And Also Extends A Summer Glow.

How To Use:

• Apply Powder All Over The Face Using Ambient® Powder Brush As The Final Step For A Flawless Complexion.
• Explore The Ambient® Lighting Collection To Create Your Perfect Light.

• Hey Ya'll! I'm looking for a powder to put over my founda...7 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this in the shade Ethereal?2 Answers
  • Does this really work?2 Answers
  • "This is a beautiful finely milled finishing powder." in 1 review
  • "I highly recommend this to anyone!" in 1 review
  • "I would recommend these to anyone." in 1 review
Caitlin B.
Review for: Dim Light more...
I use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder every day... It has been the final step in my makeup routine for four years and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon! I have oily skin and this is also a perfect setting powder to use for a quick touch up because it picks up oil really nicely... I keep a mini one in my purse for that reason! And the compact design is great because there is no mess. I would say that the dim lighting one is my favorite because it isn't as shimmery as some of the others (I prefer a matte finishing powder). The Radiant light one provides A LOT more bronzing color than you would initially think, so be careful when applying it! It is also really shimmery so just make sure that is the look you are going for. All in all, you can't go wrong with these!
Rachel M.
Review for: Radiant Light, Ethereal Light, Dim Light more...
I am genuinely amazed by these products. There is honestly nothing like them in the beauty industry. They are so unique and there is no wrong way to wear them. It is not necessarily based off which is right for your skin tone its based off of which light or look you want to reflect. I have the trio set which I think is a really good deal for getting three of them considering the price. I love to mix them together all over my face. I use these as setting powders after everything and I love how it doesn't hide my skin it enhances its natural glow. They are not sparkly at all I can't even explain how amazing they are. They just emit the most flattering light to the skin. This has completely changed the makeup game. I need every shade!!!!
Kami L.
Grafton , WV
Review for: Luminous Light more...
This powder has got to be the best powder on the market. Now, having said that, I don’t use this powder to set my face. No, no. I use this powder to illuminate my complexity all over once I have set with my holy grail— the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder creates such a luminous sheen on the face. It can be applied on the high points of the face, as well as pretty much any other area. The consistency of the powder is so smooth and IS NOT chalky in any way, shape or form. As you can tell, I cannot say enough good things about this product. You need to see for yourself. I’m telling you, you won’t regret it. You’ll thank me!
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Luminous Light more...
This stuff...is not cheap. If I hadn't received it as a gift, I never would have tried it. But MAN, it's changed my makeup game.

I'm a full coverage kind of girl, so I use a liquid foundation, then I set with powder. This can make my face look pretty one dimensional and flat. Contour and blush helps, but the Ambient Lighting Powder when brushed over the face gives the most STUNNING, glow-from-within look that I just can't get enough of.

If you have extra cash lying around, and you're looking for something simple to take your makeup game to the next level, look no further. Hourglass hit it out of the park with these bad boys.
Taylor F.
Melbourne
Review for: Dim Light more...
I would definitely try to sample the color you want before buying it because it’s easy to get one that’s too dark. I wanted to use mine as a finishing powder all over because I read a lot of people liked or use it this way. Unfortunately the color I chose darkened my foundation too much. I’m only able to use mine as a highlighter. It’s still really beautiful used this way, but it’s very subtle and I usually prefer a more blinding highlight. Once I’m finished with dim light, I want to get the lighter color so I can use it as a finishing powder!
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
Review for: Diffused Light, Luminous Light, Dim Light more...
I prefer to purchase the palette that Hourglass offers of a trio of the ambient lighting powders. They make the perfect finishing powders to make your make stay looking amazing all day with a little bit of added luminescence. I love to have the choice of using different shades for different lighting affects, so the palette is quite handy for me, but a bit too bulky for travel, which is when I downsize to one or two of my favorite shades of Hourglass’s Ambient Lighting Powder. It is the quintessential last step to perfecting any makeup look.
Suba R.
El Paso, TX
Review for: Radiant Light more...
I swatched the Radiant light (I am a Mac NC45) at Sephora and was very impressed with the glow and how smooth it was. However, when I got home and used it as a highlighter it did not give much of a glow (when compared to Becca's Champagne Pop). The thing is this is a finishing powder! Not a highlighter. So I started using it as a powder and I could see what a difference it made. I love the product. It makes me look glowy all over without looking like I had applied highlighter. Highly recommend!
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
Review for: Dim Light more...
This is probably the most beautiful powder I have ever used on my face. Hourglass just kills it with their luxurious powders and other products. I have this powder in Dim Light. I use it after my usual setting powder, so my face isn't too matte. Dim Light is a little more pink than it appears in pictures but on the face, it looks very natural and a little more champagne-pink. This just brings my makeup back to life. I don't know if it's something that other people would really notice, but I definitely notice the difference when I apply this all over my face. My skin just looks so healthy. My makeup looks flawless, and I have a lit-from-within glow with this product. It doesn't look overly powdery, and it's not a pigmented powder. I just feel that much prettier when I apply it. It also lasts well on my skin, and it does help set my makeup. It's such a soft and creamy powder too. I just love this. It's so worth the splurge. I'm definitely going to keep purchasing this, and I want to try other shades too.
Catherine P.
Review for: Ethereal Light more...
This product is literally my go-to when it comes to an everyday look. I like to just add a little bit on the high points of my face during my “no makeup-makeup day’s” and it makes my face look perfectly highlighted without a blinding shine. If I want to get that full blow pippin’ highlight for a less natural look day I just use some fix plus and it creates this perfect flawless glow. It has to be my holy-grail highlight for sure!
Kelly V.
Denver
Review for: Mood Light, Ethereal Light more...
I love using this powder as one of my final steps in my routine to even out every imperfection and to give me an airbrushed finish. These are pricey, but I feel like they are totally worth it... depending on which shade flatters your skin tone the best.  As I am already fairly pale, I found Ethereal Light to just intensify my paleness.  I much prefer Mood Light, as the pink (and slightly purple) tones did not wash me out nearly as much.  I know the description says these shades are universal, but I would not agree with this.  Go to Sephora, make sure you swatch, and pick up the one that is most suited to you... you won't be disappointed.
Becky R.
Is this worth the money because i have heard great reviews but it is very expensive?
Megan M.
Madera, CA
Is this a setting powder or a highlight?
Michelle B.
N Salt Lake, UT
Hey Ya'll! I'm looking for a powder to put over my foundation. I normally use Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder but I'm thinking of trying Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish, 8.3g. Thoughts or any better options? Thanks babes
Tori R.
Garfield hts , OH
I like very glowy highlight powders? Is this super glowy?
Mercedes R.
Yuma, AZ
OK so I know the foundation is awesome! So makes me want to try this product anyone have it how's the pigmentation?