Add a Photo

By HOURGLASS

Create your perfect light with three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder in one sleek compact. Dim Light: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones. Incandescent Light: An opalescent pearl powder that highlights the cheekbones and brightens the complexion with a celestial glow (only available in the palette). Radiant Light: A sun-kissed golden beige powder that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth.

Photos (84)
Erica S.
Erica S.

If you're looking for an all over radiance with a kick, you've found it here with Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Palette. Although this palette is on the more expensive end of similar palettes on the market, it is definitely one every makeup lover, whether you're a newbie, junkie, or could teach a master class, should have in their arsenal. This palette gives you 3 shades in powder form but the texture is so fine, that it actually feels like silk. It melts into your skin beautifully leaving your face looking radiant, that lit from within glow and with a blurred soft focus that resembles an amazing airbrush finish. It is very versatile too. Not only will this palette give you an all over healthy luminosity but with a few spritz of studio fix plus, prior to application, you can achieve an intense illumination if used just as a highlight. Either way a must have!
Asma A.
Asma A.
Tacoma, WA

This highlighting palette from hourglass is amazing, i only have 2 highlighting palettes ( the hourglass one and the Anastasia Beverly hills one) because when it comes to the highlights​ i always tend to buy the most expensive ones witch are the best ones, I'm all about that glow, seriously though this palette got me shook, whenever i put from this highlighting palette i look so good on my pictures and when I'm outside they keep asking me about the name of my highlight brand, i got it for $62 from Sephora in January, there was so many choices but the packaging attracted me it's so classy and the colors are beautiful, well I thought i was going to regret buying it and it was waste of money because of its price but that never happened I'm so happy that i bought it.
Amy M.
Amy M.
Ruskin, FL

These AREN'T highlights...
The Ambient Lighting mimics the different kids of lights. According to Hourglass it manipulates and filter harsh lights making it appear softer.There are 3 colors: Dim Light which blurs imperfection and highlight the complexion. There is no shimmer on it but it gives a healthy glow to the face. Incandescent Light: is an opalescent pearl powder to bright the face. I found that this one have a little bit of shimmer but is not that much. I use it in the highest point of my face. Last is Radiant Light which is a warm peach that enhances the complexion and gives warmth to it.

In my dark skin it does shows and I can see the difference with it and without because it gives a natural glow to the face while not being greasy or shimmery.
Stephanie O.
Stephanie O.
Colleyville, TX

If you are looking for a flawless glow from within look, this is the perfect palette for you! The Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette is a bit pricey but is well worth the extra cash. I love using the Ambient powders on a big fluffy brush to wipe away my bake as well as all over the face. Whenever I am going for a more natural look and don't want an intense highlight, I reach for this palette. The different shades give you a variety of colors and finishes to work with for all kinds of looks and skin tones. I have heard a lot of working makeup artists who especially recommend this for bridal makeup as it gives an all over glow to your  complexion. I use this almost everyday and still have yet to hit pan. I can't say enough good things about this product!
Christina V.
Christina V.
Roy, WA

This palette has to be my everything in one. It comes with three different shades, (Radiant, Incandescent, & Dim Light).
At the moment I'm using the *Radiant Light which gives me a slightly sun-kissed look without looking fake, or overly done.
I use the *Incandescent Light when I'm going out in the evening to give me a little bit of a glow, unlike other other highlighting powders, this one doesn't have a teenage look to it, and is perfect for my aging skin.
The multipurpose colour is the Dim Light, very subtle, and very flattering.
Since I'm older, I want a soft glowing look, so I use the highlighter on my brow bone, under, and on the outside of my eyes, cheek bones,chin, and my upper lip.
Stacey L.
Stacey L.

I definitely don't reach for this palette as much as the surreal palette or my Becca highlights/ other random face powders. I actually love this palettes highlight. I think It is great on its own and also works with other highlighters to give them an extra pop.

The other two shades I wanted to try because they are usually raved about, especially dim light. But for me these are shades that I can generally only use as bronzers or a finishing powder in the summer. Dim light almost always runs too orange on me, so I have to be mindful when using it. And the other one works nicely as a bronzer or to warm up the skin tone but again only in the summer for me

Not very versatile in my opinion.
Lexie G.
Lexie G.
Lake Charles, LA

I have no idea why I waited so long to get this. Dim is perfect for applying after my foundation and concealer goes on. It blurs any imperfections beautifully and it is very easy to work with. Incandescent is a gorgeous, but subtle highlighter. I usually apply a bit then put another highlighter over the top to enhance the look. Radiant is pretty, but I don't find myself reaching for it too often. When I do use it, I blend it over my contour and bronzer.

All 3 powders are gorgeous, the IT Cosmetics Airbrush Powder brush is my favorite to use with this product. I get very minimal product toss-up with the brush.

Sorry the photo is sideways, the app won't let me flip it.
ILikeMakeupMoreThanPeople K.
ILikeMakeupMoreThanPeople K.
Reidsville, NC

I love it, I actually got it for my birthday so I can't complaint or say anything about the price all I can do is review the actual product. It's awesome I love it to set my concealer especially under the eye Or set my face as a finishing powder and it honestly gives me a glow within. I'm not gonna lie It's a very beautiful palette. I honestly don't use it as a highlighter because its to soft for my taste ,I like something a little more intense but if you are into soft highlighters you will love this as a highlight. I normally use a 3 but I show a picture (with flash) so you can see how they look (all 3 separate and all 3 mixed together- is the last swatch)
Evangeline J.
Evangeline J.

I agree with Danielle. That they are finishing powders. But they are used to help illuminate the face.
It is kind of confusing haha but its purpose is to help blur and refine your complexion.
These powders are great for photographing and prevent you from looking like a shiny and oily mess or from looking too matte. Typical highlighters will accentuate your cheeks and give you a little glow in natural lighting. But under harsh flashes of photography, shimmer from the highlighter will reflect and may seem over powering in photographs.
hourglasses lighting pallet is used to achieve a photo finish glow and enhance your skins appearance similarly to a highlight.
Dolores A.
Dolores A.
Alameda, CA

This took a while to grow on me. Actually at first I wasn't all that into it and didn't give it the most glowing reviews... Now that I have had quite a while to play with it, I realize its amazingness lies in its subtlety. This isn't a setting powder, its a finisher - it brings on a glow that your setting powder sort of mutes out. The formulation is excellent - finely milled and smooth. This palette includes 3 "shades" - Incandescent Light (can't be purchased on its own) Dim Light and Radiant Light. This
Also since its got 3 shades in it, its really fun to play around with. For reference I am NC 30-ish and I can use all 3 shades.
Ciara D.
Ciara D.

Is this the best highlighter ever? Does anyone have anything better?
Grecia F.
Grecia F.

Are these powders really like, out there highlighters? Or can they be used for an all over glow?
Kristen M.
Kristen M.

I am still looking for my holy grail finishing powder. Is this as good as Youtubers say it is? What are the benefits of this product?
Tashia L.
Tashia L.

Does this give off nice highlight???
Allison R.
Allison R.
Roscoe, IL

I want this so bad but just can't convince myself to spend the money. Is it worth the splurge? Is it as amazing as everyone says? Should I buy it or is it all just hype?