Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Create your perfect light with this palette featuring three shades of Ambient® Lighting Powder, which utilize Photoluminescent Technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion. Each of these high-tech, soft-focus finishing powders recreate an exquisitely flattering light source. The powders can be applied individually or layered to imbue skin with a multidimensional glow.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS:

• Powders mimic universally flattering light sources, not unlike having a personal lighting technician at your disposal.
• By manipulating and filtering out harsh light, powders conceal skin imperfections, pores and wrinkles.
• State-of-the-art formula delivers a multi-dimensional luminescence to every skin tone, making it appear softer, younger and perfectly lit.
• Universal powders make them suitable for every skin tone, while each can be worn day and night.
• The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography.
• Ambient® Lighting Powders named to Vogue 100 Beauty Hall of Fame
• Vegan & gluten free
• .11 OZ / 3.3 G (x3)

Palette includes 3 shades:
• DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
• INCANDESCENT STROBE LIGHT: An opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow.
• RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow.

HOW TO USE:

1. Dust Dim Light all over the complexion but focus on the center of the face to soften imperfections.
2. Add Radiant Light as a contour under the cheekbones, on the temples and on either side of the bridge of the nose.
3. Finish off with a light dusting of Incandescent Light on the tops of the cheekbones, under the brow, on the center of the eyelids, the bridge of the nose and the cupid’s bow to brighten the complexion.
*For deeper skin tones, test the product on your skin and make adjustments by adding Radiant Light for more warmth.

So is this worth it if you already have good highlighters?
Is this palette worth the money?
Is this good for fair skin?
Start your review of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette!
How would you rate this product?
Arlington, VA
1,035 reviews
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette uploaded by Rhonda J.
This is the Hourglass ambient lighting palette and it retails for $58.00. Contains 3 shades of ambient powders from the line. Dim light is a pale, light beige with neutral to warm undertones and a very subtle satin shimmer/sheen. Blends out easily. The main purpose of dim light is to blur imperfections. Incandescent light is a pale, light beige with neutral undertones and a soft ivory shimmer. More shimmery than the others. Meant to highlight cheekbones and/or brighten your complexion with a glow. Radiant light is a golden, beige powder. Meant to add warmth. These are finishing powders that perform differently. Not exactly highlighters or setting powders. The powders work well not emphasizing pores or texture.
Phoenix, AZ
Purchased at: Sephora
This trio is just so beautiful. These finishing powders are lightly pigmented and very finely milled, creating a gorgeous finish to any look. Incandescent light is absolutely stunning dusted all over the face and also makes a beautiful highlight, full of shine if you use a dense brush. Radiant light is a gorgeous bronzer that perfectly warms and balances skin tone. Dim light is cool enough to use as a contour and it's impossible to overdo. I love that there is reflect in all of these powders. It reflects light in such a perfect way. Never making one look shiny or made up. I wouldn't recommend using these to set makeup because there is a low shimmer to them but you could if you wanted to. It probably wouldn't lock it into place but it would be beautiful This particular trio is more for light to very lightly medium skin tones but Hourglass does a great job of making inclusive products. The products are so beautiful, all ages can use them and they are made with aging skin in mind!
Friedens, Pennsylvania
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette uploaded by Bradley W.
This is a nice palette to have! The middle highlight shade is a nice satin highlight that can be built up to be a bit more bold if desired. The last bronze shade is too dark for my pale skin, so I only use it as bronzer/bronzer topper. The first shade is slightly too dark as well, but I can get away with it if applied very gently. Overall, I really enjoy this palette. However, this palette definitely will not work for all skin tones.
Longmont, CO
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette uploaded by Shannon S.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette This is just beautiful. I purchased this for the shade in middle, "Incandescen Light" which is exclusive to this palette. The other two shades are"Dim Light, the first shade to the left, "Incandescent light" in the middle, to the right is "Radiant Light". Dim light and Radiant Light are available for sale. The Dim Light is a very very soft shade almost bronzing. I use that for a bronzer because I am so fair. The middle shade, Incandescent Light is very light. It is almost a light Pearl shade, which I use on the bridge of my nose, chin,and forehead And last, to the far right is Radiant Light which is more like a highlighter bronzer for light skin. I will wear that during the summer time. These are so soft and no glitter look. I am wearing the Dim Light over ABH Contour stick in "Fawn" on forehead and along cheekbones. I finally got the foundation I have been coveting, Nars natural radiant long lasting Foundation. My husband says I look like a ghost. I think I got a little shade to like but better than too dark. Plus you can just slap some bronzor or highlighter around your face and even out the color. This palette is a limited edition but you can find it find it on Amazon and I'm sure other places as well. I got a really good deal on it, happy I purchased it. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Carsonville, MI
I recently got this (using afterpay) because it's a little pricey- it fell out of my purse and I thought I lost it for nearly 3 weeks. Needless to say I was distraught. I happened to look down the other day in our driveway and saw it on the ground 😥 I picked it up immediately and saw the product was still intact and remained closed! It made it through a winter storm, rain and crazy Michigan weather and I can STILL use it after all of that! It is a bummer that these are so pricey but after accidentally putting it to a major test I see it's so completely worth it! It is so soft and it gives such a lovely finish to your complexion, just gorgeous.
Long Beach, CA
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette uploaded by Athena A.
Purchased at: Sephora
So I want to give this product 4 stars but is only be doing that because of the price. Honestly $60 is too much to spend on highlight but this is very classy highlight that I would wear to work and I work in the construction industry with mostly all men. I feel like they would def notice it but also it wouldn't be super reflective and glittery just like my cheekbones glowing as natural as you could get glowy cheekbones to be. It's a sophisticated highlight that is subtle and not crazy blinding. Formula is smooth and looks good on the skin. I'm going to have to wear this highlight everyday to get my money's worth lol
Brooklyn, NY
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette uploaded by Vicky P.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love this palette because the powders cause a blurring effect! This is a great palette to use for photography because it makes your skin look flawless. The glow from this is subtle but it looks as if you’re glowing from the inside. I love using this to highlight certain parts of my face. The only downside is that it is quite expensive. If you’re willing to pay the price, I would highly recommend it! And after you try this palette, you can buy the individual shades depending on which one you love and prefer. As you can tell from my pic, this palette has gotten a lot of love!!! I use this almost everyday
Denver, CO
Never not amazed at how long this Hourglass ambient lighting palette has lasted me, and how I enjoy it more and more the longer I use it. To be honest, when I first got it a couple of years ago, I had never used a finishing powder and didn’t know exactly what to do with it. It sat on my shelf, abandoned for a little while. I’m sorry, palette. Now I don’t feel complete without it. I take a big fluffy brush and run it through all the pans, then swirl and buff on the high points of my face and over my cheek products. Glossy glassy perfection, especially when finished with a the mist of a setting spray.
Rochester, NY
Purchased at: Sephora
On my 3rd palette I love it so much! So expensive that I save using it for when I really need to look my best or save space in my makeup bag while traveling. It’s basically a highlighter, finishing powder, and bronzer all rolled up into one perfectly compact powder trio. No sparkly just finely milled pearl-like glow to these universally flattering shades. The center shade is my absolute favorite and I swear that it’s not available as a single so you have to buy the palette. It’s great for a subtle highlight or around the eyes. I also like the medium shade Dim Light and own a full size version to apply to my entire face. Radiant light is a soft warm bronze that I most appreciate after going on vacation when none of my normal foundation shades match my newly tanned skin but I still don’t want to be completely bare faced. Sometimes I swirl all of the colors together and that seems to work just fine too! This palette is truly cool proof. My skin still looks like my skin, but better. Day or night. Natural or full glam. This product can take you there. Worth the splurge!
Asbury, NJ
Purchased at: Sephora
This is one of my holy grail products. These powders are so unbelievably beautiful I cannot even begin to describe. They are also super versatile. They are shimmery enough to be used as a natural highlight, yet natural enough where they can be used on the entire face. I like to use the center shade as a highlight on my natural makeup days, and I like to sweep my brush through all three powders and lightly apply to my entire face when I am going for the glowing skin look. Hourglass is pricey but this was worth every penny!

152 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Patra
il y a 2 mois
Nina S. • il y a 12 jours
I really like this for a subtle highlight! It blends into the skin nicely and when the out in the light is super pretty! I would say if you are looking for an intense highlight to go for something else. But it’s great quality and i use it everyday and if i want it to be more intense i put another highlight on top! Hope this helps:)