BY HOURGLASS

What it is:
A multitasking, vegan palette featuring six all-new, exclusive shades of Ambient Lighting Powder, Bronzer, Blush, and Metallic Strobe Lighting Powder.

What it does:
All six powders in this set are formulated with pure Photoluminescent Technology to capture, diffuse, and soften surrounding light for skin that appears softer, younger, and lit from within.

Suggested Usage:
-Apply Soft Light or Filtered Light all over the face as a finishing powder.
-Contour along the temples, hollows of the cheeks, and jawline with Golden Bronze Light.
-Apply Nude Glow or Mood Flush to the apples of the cheeks.
-Apply Champagne Strobe Light to the high points of the face—such as the tops of cheeks, the bridge of the nose, the brow bone, and the Cupid’s bow.

• Is this worth the money?3 Answers
  • Is this product really worth that 80 bucks?8 Answers
  • How warm is this palette? I can use a light hand so I'm n...2 Answers
Amanda C.
Purchased at: Sephora
Wow, this was my first Hourglass palette and I am beyond amazed!!! Initially I thought it was a bit pricey but now I see what all the hype was about. The powders are very soft and fine but pigmented at the same time. I love that these don’t accentuate unwanted features or settle into fine lines. I’ve never used finishing powders before but the two included did a great job at making my makeup look uniform. The bronzer was perfect for my skin tone and I’m a sucker for those blush colors. Wile the highlight was pretty, I felt like it was a bit too intense for everyday looks. Even so, that didn’t take away from the greatness of this palette. This product introduced me to the brand and I can guarantee you I’ll be purchasing more items in the future!
Heather B.
Clayton, NC
I bought this product after seeing beauty youtubers raving about it. I enjoy it a lot and think it’s definitely worth the price. I’m pretty pale and I still think the powders could be slightly more pigmented. I wish they had come out with more shade ranges for darker skin tones because I don’t think this would work for anyone past light/light-medium. However, if you are of a lighter skin tone, I think you will enjoy this. Hourglass powders last forever as well, so definitely worth the investment.
Andrea W.
Maspeth, NY
I thought that these would be pretty sheer and need to be built, as I find a lot of Hourglass products to be a bit on the natural side.  But these all apply beautifully and pigmented.  They are all so buttery smooth, almost creamy feeling when you touch them.  They blend into the skin evenly and the highlight in here does pack a punch and does not emphasize texture.  I think this is the best holiday palette Hourglass has ever released.
Juqee T.
EMERYVILLE, CA
I missed out buying previous Ambient palette releases, but I'm so so happy I've waited long enough to get this one this year. This palette is like a dream for the medium-tan skin hourglass fans like myself. It's PERFECT. Nude Glow is a bit too glittery to use as a blush for my personal liking, but it's perfect for blush topper. I found it's pretty similar to Nars Orgasm. I heard a typical complaint to this palette is that the each pan is really small, which is a bit true when I use bronzer. But I use a highlighter brush by Kat Von D because of its size, fluffiness, and the round tip shape is perfect for this palette.  I'm definitely bringing this plaette for my next big trip. I finally got a perfect one-and-done palette for my face. I think this palette 'might' work for dark skin complexion too except the bronzer.
Taki V.
Austin, TX
This is my first hourglass face product and I love it! The packaging is beautiful. I don't have a problem with the size of the pans. I don't use overly big brushes, so the facial brushes I currently use have been working just fine for me. Plus, if the palette was any bigger, I don't think it would have the same travel-size appeal, it'll just be a big, bulky palette.
I've noticed a huge difference in the pictures I take when I wear this! My skin is 100% much more flattering than they were before. I'm so happy I picked this up! It is a bit pricey, but it is so worth it in my opinion.
Plus, as someone with light-medium skin tone, the shades are great on me. The highlight is the only one I don't wear as much, because I feel the first two lighting powders are wonderful enough on their own to give your skin a wonderful glow. The highlight is great if you want that extra pop of highlight shimmer.
About pigmentation, my mother in law commented to my husband if I was wearing makekup, because my face was pink! I was embarrassed, because I had quickly just tested out the palette since I just received it and forgot I was wearing it. A couple of hours later, she comes. She said it looked great! So this palette is definitely pigmented! The bronzer takes a few more product swipes on me though, but that's fine. I usually am very light-handed with bronzer and highlight. And am working on being light-handed with blush for more subtle look.
Nicole K.
Whitestone, NY
Hands down my favorite product of 2018 and I've only had it for a week. I heard Kathleen Lights rave about this so I knew I had to go and get it. I was kind of hesitant because of the high price point but this palette is honestly so so so worth. I use every powder in the palette on my face everyday. It's also perfect to travel with since you have all the face powders you would need. You can even use them as eyeshadows since they have a really pretty sheen to them. These powders reflect light so beautifully, they make your skin look perfect and so smooth. I didn't know how I'd like it since I have oily skin but it gives me a radiant look without being oily. Everyone needs to go out and get this palette!
Erin G.
Shoreline, WA
The blushes in this palette are super amazing, as well as the highlight and bronzer. Everything gives you the best glow and the pigmentation is spot on. Super blendable and just a beautiful product. It is pricey but in my opinion totally worth it!
Chelsea B.
Chandler
This palette is a must have! All the powders are beautiful and finely milled. It gives such a natural look and it’s perfect for travel. Anyone that lives for a natural look needs to give this a go!
Adrianna O.
Tustin, CA
No matter how hard I try, I cannot get on board with ambient lighting powders. I will say this edit is probably the best collection of shades that I have seen and I really wanted to like this. While the powders leave me with a nice glow, they also leave me with little bits of micro glitter all over my face which I can’t stand! Had to take this back unfortunately. I guess hourglass powders just aren’t for me!
Sherly R.
Huntington Woods
This is a great mix of powders to have. You get 2 finishing powders, 2 blushes, 1 bronzer, and 1 highlighter. The blushes are divine! You can wear them in a subtle way (my preference) or build them up for a more intensified look. The bronzer is gorgeous, very natural but with a nice sheen, the finishing powders are perfect for any skin tone and give an ethereal elegant glow. Now, regarding the highliter, it is a strong highliter but a light hand does the job. The package is simple and elegant and what could be better than vegan, gluten and cruelty free? I am very happy with my purchase!
Katherine C.
Is this product really worth that 80 bucks?
Anneke K.
Naples, FL
Who’s buying this?
lilly m.
arlington
What is everyone splurging on next? My next makeup Splurge will be this new Hourglass palette. Let me know!!!
Chelsea R.
Has anyone picked this up yet? Do you think it would work on fair skin? I’m afraid from the swatches that a lot of the shades would be too dark for me.
Cheyenne G.
Mineral Wells, TX
This is a stunning pallet, but who wants to pay $80 for it?