BY HOURGLASS #66 in Face Primer

A light correcting primer to blur, smooth, and perfect the skin for a soft, subtle glow. Ambient® Light Correcting Primer is infused with light correcting pigments that act as a first filter to neutralize, brighten, and soften light. This blurs imperfections and smooths the skin's texture for flawless makeup application. This primer perfects the appearance of the complexion, creating a better starting point for makeup application as well as allowing it to be worn alone. With a texture unlike any other primer, the oil-free, weightless formula instantly absorbs into the skin and imparts a natural-looking glow without feeling wet or greasy. It's designed to further enhance the lighting effects of the Ambient Lighting Collection by creating the first layer of light. It is formulated Without: - Parabens Hourglass developed this formula to prime skin and create the perfect canvas for the Ambient Lighting Collection. The first-of-its-kind formula was developed to create the thinnest layer of light-enhancing particles, which allows for layering without re-emulsifying the layer underneath. This results in the most weightless lighting effect on the skin. This breakthrough primer creates the ideal base for light diffusion and refraction while also prepping the skin for makeup application. "This primer is a multi-tasker. I wear it alone on days where I just need a little something to walk out the door, and under foundation on other days when I want to really perfect my lighting. The texture is so different than anything else on the market it feels like I have nothing on, but it does so much." Carisa Janes, Hourglass Founder see more...

• Is this water based?1 Answers
  • Recommendations on primers for combination skin? I received a sam...3 Answers
  • So I know they have different shades of these that are supposed t...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Makeup by A.
I picked up the shade Luminous Light (I have fair skin) and did a review and DEMO on my youtube channel (Makeup by Amy Michelle).
This is an gorgeous primer. It seriously smooths out and evens your skin. In the demo you can see how it takes down some of my redness on my cheeks and really blurs any imperfections. This is the type of primer that make you look like your natural bare skin but just better.
This is a great primer that can we worn a long for a natural look or underneath foundation. It does a really great job prolonging the wearing of my makeup and keeping me smooth throughout the day. No issues with shine or patches showing through foundation by the end of the day.
I will say I think the formula is great for people with combo or oil skin types. If you have normal or dry I would just make sure to go in with a good moisturizer or a hydrating primer first and I think you will be fine.
This primer is great for pro longing the wear of your makeup with a very subtle luminosity too it. Definitely no big sparkles or anything like that.
Overall I cant say great enough things about this primer love it so much!!!
Abigail S.
Richmond Hill, NY
The Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer is seriously one of my 10/10 favorite purchases. I feel like not everyone needs a primer, but I just love primer. This primer has a purple undertone to it and dries and smooths invisible which is insane. It brightens your face without leaving a white cast. You know what I mean? Some of those “blurring” or correcting primers tend to just make your face shift all types of colors, but this one turns invisible, while still removing sallowness.

This primer increases the longevity of my foundation, makes it looks flawless, and provides such a smooth base.
Sonya G.
Dallas, TX
I have to say I really like this. It is very thick for a primer, but it definitely adds a great glow. It is slightly hard to blend in your foundation, but not impossible and personally I think that jut speaks to how good the primer is, that it's able to hold onto your foundation so well. Very mattifying too, and thats saying something since I'm an oil-slick.
I'm basing all this on a sample of the "mood light" color. Honestly, I would purchase this if it wasn't so darn expensive. Way too much for a primer.
Stacey R.
Raleigh, NC
This is a really nice primer. I got a sample from Sephora which was enough for a few uses, and I'm definitely going to purchase it. This primer makes my skin look primer and my foundation looks smoother. It has a nice consistency and does not irritate my skin or break me out. It definitely helps with the longevity of my makeup. It's a bit steep in price, but I ultimately think that a good base is the best way to get a flawless finish.
jillian n.
I redeemed the full size of this from Ipsy for 1000 points and it didn't impress me. I thought it would make my makeup look dewy but it definitely didn't do that/Its good as a base i guess. I just didn't see anything special about it. I wouldn't buy it but I'm gonna use the rest of it up. UPDATE: ITS HORRIBLE. it doesn't blend into the skin. I can't explain it but it just balls up kid of its the weirdest thing. DO NOT BUY
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
This product does give a subtle, natural glow without being over-the-top. I do feel like these are a bit harder to blend evenly on the face, requiring a bit of product. Sadly, these did not hold my makeup intact at all and by the end of the day it seemed as if all my makeup has faded off. (Not a problem with my other primers) I received this as a sample from Sephora but will not be buying the full-sized version.
Taryn K.
Dallas, TX
A little goes a long way with this primer. I am in love!!! It's very easy to apply and blends in well with my skin easily. It definitely takes away all the red from my face, but feels very light. My foundation looked great on top of it, but I would be willing to say just putting a little powder on top would also work. I got this in a sample size, and I am definitely considering purchasing!
Morenike K.
Bronx, NY
I got this free sample @ sephora. I wasn't sure if it was for the eyelids or face. So I put it all on my face. It was really white and I had to blend it out really well. I was scared it was going to stay white and my foundation wouldn't cover. It worked and my foundation stayed put all day. I will finish sample but not sure if I will buy. And my face stayed matte all day. Nice
Caitlyn D.
Seattle, WA
I received this as a 100 point perk from Sephora in the shade moodlight. I have been using it as a primer and find that it does help even out my skin tone and helps my makeup to last slightly longer. It is pricey though and I find myself using a lot to cover my face so it could add up quickly. It's a great product but I will likely not purchase in the future due to the price.
Karen P.
Lexington, KY
I got a sample of this from Sephora in Mood Light. There was enough in the packet to use it twice. I really like the effect it gave my makeup. Like most of their products it's subtle, so if you want to look like a disco ball this is not what you want. But if you want a subtle glow, kind of like a pregnancy glow, this will do that. I loved it, and it will be on my list to buy.
Stephanie D.
Hanford, CA
Is this any good?? I'm thinking about buying it but not sure yet.
Kristen J.
Boone, NC
So I know they have different shades of these that are supposed to be correcting. But what do the different shades do? I'm trying to figure out what shade would be good for me
Stephanie K.
Recommendations on primers for combination skin? I received a sample of this but haven't read the best reviews. So any recommendations would be great! High end or drug store! (Ps I don't typically wear full face foundation so I don't need something that will make my foundation last.) TIA
Christa S.
Rochester, NY
Dies this primer really help your foundation to stay put all day? And does this help with dry skin?
Lacey H.
Centralia, WA
I've been watching Hourglass for awhile, and have decided to treat myself. I'm interested in Mood Light but I'm afraid it might turn me orange with how pink it looks. Which shade of this primer would work best for NC20/25 skin with either cool yellow or olive undertones?