BY HOT TOPIC

• Does anyone else wished that hot topic was easier to walk through...21 Answers
  • What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on ...16 Answers
  • I LOVE THIS!!!!! 7 Answers
Christopher C.
South Williamsport
Used to get all of my skinny jeans and emo vibes here, but then they switched up the material of my favorite pair of pants, and now they feel like I’m dead. ☹️ Also, they never have sales and the whole store’s honestly become a fandom hole. Doesn’t feel like true, sad Hot Topic anymore.
Danielle S.
Toney
I ordered a couple of shirts a for a Christmas present on the Black Friday sale. I ended up receiving the wrong package which contained a much more expensive order than mine but I went ahead and called customer service to get things sorted out. Not only was I on hold for a ridiculous amount of time but the response to all this was I get refunded for what I paid but I won’t get the shirts I ordered and they want the other order back. So now I have no Christmas present for my mom because I’m not paying the ridiculous amount it costs for the shirts at regular price because I’ve now missed out on the sale. What also sucks is how awful the person was about it. I get answering calls can’t be fun but don’t patronize me. I think I’m done with hot topic. I was really really excited to get these shirts for my mom especially at that price but after everything that’s happened I’m done.
Dee P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I go back and forth with Hot Topic. I love the actual store and they have great products, but the online service is terrible. Everytime that I've ordered something it ALWAYS gets "lost" in the mail. I'm not sure if it's the mailman or the shipping department. Either way, no more online orders for me.
Seirria M.
Gastonia, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
When i was younger they had such great clothes and had amazing band merch but now days you can barely find band tees that isn't modern radio music. I hate this store now.
Michaela M.
Fargo, ND
Store is very dark and uncomfortable with loud music, employees arent very nice.
Posting this on multiple review websites because hottopic wouldn't post my reviews. The whole situation was bad. So I ordered the Pikachu cardigan online. It is ABSOLUTELY not like the picture the black of the cardigan shows through pikachus yellow body. It makes pikachu look infected. In the picture online it looks PERFECT. I tried 3 times to post a review saying how unhappy I was with the (expensive) product. I haven't even worn it. It's an ugly cardigan and a total waste, I'd post a picture if I could. I made a side by side of what they show on the website and what I got. It's HORRIBLE. None of my reviews were posted because they didn't follow the rules. I had family read the reviews. Only thing we can think of is they wouldn't post it because I was honest about the product or because I said I'd never shop with hottopic again. But now here's the real issue. I don't live super close to a hottopic. That's why I ordered online. But to return we made the drive to North bend outlet mall where there's a hottopic I've been to once before. The first time I was there the guy was nice. Second time when I tried returning the cardigan? Nope. He said it was wet and that it smelled modly? After I received it and saw how UGLY it was i put it back in the bag until we could drive to the store and return it. It had no smell besides factory smell like all clothes have and it definitely wasn't wet. I've sent two emails to the hottopic website and haven't gotten a thing back (it's been a week). Do not shop with hottopic topic. Expensive, horrible customer, bad products and just a bad experience. I now have an expensive cardigan that's absolutely worthless. Again, I will N.E.V.E.R. shop with hottopic again. Unprofessional.
Jason T.
Port Hawkesbury
I used to order from hottopic.com all the time despite the ridiculous shipping to international customers. I would usually just wait until a 50% off international shipping sale so I was only paying slightly more than their competitors for shipping (which is sad).

Despite that they're site used to at least provide me with what I ordered most of the time and ship within a reasonable time. I was Ok with that. They were at least a 3 star site at one point.

Then... the site changed. Now they are just awful. I was dealing with them for nearly a month just to get one of my orders shipped from their warehouse. By the time they actually starting packing it half the items were missing and I wasted my special discount code. Their site also never properly reflects the stock in their warehouse.

It took me quite a while before I actually got a hold of a customer service rep that was helpful. The email customer service is terrible and they spout off stock answers and move on. The Facebook message customer service line is hit and miss. Some phone people are OK, others are just awful. I did praise the helpful ones to the customer service supervisor just so they know they were actually good amongst a pool of unhelpful employees. I had to call multiple times and leave public messages on their facebook site to finally get some movement on my order. I actually had placed another order a week later and received it a week ago. I am STILL waiting on that first order though I AM told it is shipped now. When I did get someone good on my first problem she was helpful, but it was not easy and luck of the draw when I got her. On Facebook they said that they would get someone to call me between a certain hour. I waited 2 days and contacted them again on Facebook only to find out the agent that was told to contact me just plain didn't so they got another person to call me immediately.

I placed another order later and used five $5 instant rebates on it totaling $25. One of the items I ordered was $15. It wasn't in stock so they refunded me for the item. But what they did was they refunded me for how much the item was on the order after the discounts were applied so instead of the $15 for the item I was given $3.15 back on the order and my $5 rewards rebates were thrown away, effectively dangling a carrot in front of my face and then swiping it away. I was not refunded the full amount for the item nor given my rebates back and I argued this for 2 days of which I eventually just gave up. After a month of dealing with nothing but problems from this company I just don't even care about what I'm owed anymore. They have lost a regular customer who has spent nearly $1000 there just in approximately the last 2 months. If that's how they treat a customer like that imagine how they will treat the person who only spends $50 here and there.

Seriously, there's much better and cheaper alternatives. Go somewhere else.
Christina H.
I used to like this store but lately it doesn't interest me as much as before
Katie w.
Tucson, AZ
I used to love Hot Topic but they have sold out.They have completely lost their way
Candy M.
I hate Hot Topic. I admit to being somewhat germaphobish, however I fell the need to shower in sanitizer the second my foot steps inside (usually following my husband whose bought things here and there).
alana m.
Samantha B.
Whitman, WV
Ain't most of their clothes black?
Christina C.
Mission, TX
What's your go to section at hot topic?
Katelyn H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite purchase from Hot Topic?
Meghan C.
What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on their prices?