BY HOT TOPIC

• Does anyone else wished that hot topic was easier to walk through...21 Answers
  • What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on ...16 Answers
  • I LOVE THIS!!!!! 7 Answers
Claudia M.
St-Raymond
I love the fact that they many things in that store from t-shirts to accessories to dresses, posters and all that kind of stuff. Most of the things are affordable, which is great! The staff is always super nice too!
Edgar C.
Westmorland, CA
I love their abundance of wardrobe and all the different brands and all the band merchandise they have. They also have hair dye and piercings and other great things.
Jason T.
Port Hawkesbury
I used to order from hottopic.com all the time despite the ridiculous shipping to international customers. I would usually just wait until a 50% off international shipping sale so I was only paying slightly more than their competitors for shipping (which is sad).

Despite that they're site used to at least provide me with what I ordered most of the time and ship within a reasonable time. I was Ok with that. They were at least a 3 star site at one point.

Then... the site changed. Now they are just awful. I was dealing with them for nearly a month just to get one of my orders shipped from their warehouse. By the time they actually starting packing it half the items were missing and I wasted my special discount code. Their site also never properly reflects the stock in their warehouse.

It took me quite a while before I actually got a hold of a customer service rep that was helpful. The email customer service is terrible and they spout off stock answers and move on. The Facebook message customer service line is hit and miss. Some phone people are OK, others are just awful. I did praise the helpful ones to the customer service supervisor just so they know they were actually good amongst a pool of unhelpful employees. I had to call multiple times and leave public messages on their facebook site to finally get some movement on my order. I actually had placed another order a week later and received it a week ago. I am STILL waiting on that first order though I AM told it is shipped now. When I did get someone good on my first problem she was helpful, but it was not easy and luck of the draw when I got her. On Facebook they said that they would get someone to call me between a certain hour. I waited 2 days and contacted them again on Facebook only to find out the agent that was told to contact me just plain didn't so they got another person to call me immediately.

I placed another order later and used five $5 instant rebates on it totaling $25. One of the items I ordered was $15. It wasn't in stock so they refunded me for the item. But what they did was they refunded me for how much the item was on the order after the discounts were applied so instead of the $15 for the item I was given $3.15 back on the order and my $5 rewards rebates were thrown away, effectively dangling a carrot in front of my face and then swiping it away. I was not refunded the full amount for the item nor given my rebates back and I argued this for 2 days of which I eventually just gave up. After a month of dealing with nothing but problems from this company I just don't even care about what I'm owed anymore. They have lost a regular customer who has spent nearly $1000 there just in approximately the last 2 months. If that's how they treat a customer like that imagine how they will treat the person who only spends $50 here and there.

Seriously, there's much better and cheaper alternatives. Go somewhere else.
Alyssa C.
Hot Topic is your go-to best store for pop-culture and music related clothing, jewelry, accessories and more! They carry everything awesome from pins to clothes, plushies, bags 'n backpacks, even cosplay accessories. They carry products for many different fan bases. There's Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sailor Moon, Marvel and so much more. They also sell clothing suited to Gothic fashion, japanese-kawaii type fashion, etc. Hot Topic is one of my favourite stores - the staff are great, I love their clothes, jewlery and hair stuff and also their sales. Hot Topic has a rewards system called 'Hot Cash' that can be redeemed for mega $$. The store also has sales regularly and they're always GOOD sales; ones where you actually are getting a deal. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. You'll love it!
Cassey H.
Toronto
I am highkey still emo af so I love hot topic because I just fit in. The prices are getting really expensive though. Like $34 for a shirt??? I sometimes look past that only if there’s a sale or something
Faith Z.
I recently went to a Hot topic store and was pleased about everything there, great selection of clothing and other merchandise. My mind was honestly blown when I first walked in, different genres for clothing and other merchandise. I would defiantly recommend shopping here, and i would defiantly go back.
Beth-Ann S.
I go to Hot Topic mainly for the Pop Culture clothing. I have bought dresses with designs from Marvel, Doctor Who, Harry Potter and Beauty and the Beast. I have also bought a few vintage inspired pieces. Everything I have bought has been nice quality. The main reason it doesn't have 5 Stars is because my local store doesn't have great customer service and the music can be overwhelming at times.
Michelle Y.
Winnipeg, MB
The anime/pop culture side of me loves going into Hot Topic. A lot of their accessories and merch are SO cute, it takes a while to get me out of the store once I step in. The prices aren't so bad either, I wouldn't say that their items are overpriced!
Heather S.
Odon, IN
I enjoy looking at the different items in Hot Topic, but the music is really loud. One time I ordered a Star Wars dress from them to go to a themed concert. Most of the time, their stuff is not my style, though. Maybe I've just grown out of it and want better quality apparel.
Christina R.
Kanata, ON
Alright, so my opinion may be biased because I work here (am I allowed to say where I work on this site and review my own work? Eh, I hope so!). The company highly values customer service and being pleasant to customers. Sometimes you can get intimidated by the punk/grunge feel that the store sometimes gives, or by the looks of some of the employees, but being friendly, approachable, and overall making customers have an enjoyable experience. I would say be careful though, because some of the music in the store gets passed without being censored. Also, they're super non-judgemental of trans (or any LGBTQ) customers. :)
alana m.
Samantha B.
Whitman, WV
Ain't most of their clothes black?
Christina C.
Mission, TX
What's your go to section at hot topic?
Katelyn H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite purchase from Hot Topic?
Meghan C.
What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on their prices?