BY HOT TOPIC

• Does anyone else wished that hot topic was easier to walk through...21 Answers
  • What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on ...16 Answers
  • I LOVE THIS!!!!! 7 Answers
Maggie V.
Van Buren, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hot Topic is very hit or miss with me. Had you told 16 year old me that I would be rating Hot Topic anything less than a 10/5 I would've called you crazy but that was 12 years ago and the times they are a-changin. Hot Topic is exactly that: a store that floats on what the TRENDS are. If you like what is trendy and in at the moment then it's a good store for you but if the seasons change and the trends change with them you may soon find your favorite store becoming...not so much. I will miss you, Tripp pants. Hello, Justin Bieber shirts. Sigh.
That being said you can still get some pretty nifty stuff there, their jewelry and cosmetics aren't half bad and I can usually walk out of there a couple hundred dollars lighter-with my three purchases.
Kelly M.
JEFFERSONVLLE, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
They have a lot of really cool stuff here. They have stuff like Funko Pop figures, vintage looking band shirts and posters, and a lot of things from cult favorite type movies, like mugs, plushies, beanies, jewelry, shirts, posters, etc. They also sell body jewelry and piercing aftercare items. A lot of their fashion stuff is targeted towards young adults and teenagers, specifically those that fall into the emo, goth and hipster categories. They do have some things, like bathing suits and t-shirts, hats, and jewelry that anyone ages 12 to 45 would appreciate. It's a neat store, but they're usually really overcrowded, as their stores tend to be in really small spaces inside shopping malls.
Rachelle P.
I used to really love this store but it's gotten so hipster. I can still find a lot of really cute dresses and stuff, and it's one of the few places I can find sailor moon apparel. But it's so GODAWFUL loud in there! And the quality of their house brand stuff has really taken a nose dive. So much so that I will only buy stuff when it hits ultra clearance and try to use hot cash. The staff is forced to do their little sale spiel to every person who comes in so you end up getting told the same thing by every sales person because they couldn't hear the other person already tell you.
Atasia B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of my most favorite places to shop. They have a wide variety of products. They also have various nerdy fandom targeted products which is fantastic.  Ordering online is fast and the in store experience has always been pleasant. I honestly wish that they had more available items in store. There are also some products I can not find online that are in store or vice versa which is frustrating. One thing I don't like is that employees constantly pester you about their not so great discounts, it almost feels like it's being shoved down your throat. Other than that, it's a cool place to shop.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I miss my Hot Topic in my mall they had great items and pretty good deals. The only thing is that at my location all the people working there had bad attitudes. Like I get it you have to be dark and emo but you dont need to be rude to customers. I was told by a friend that worked there that when they got the job they were told they needed to withstand a "Punk Rock" sort of attitude, well that's one thing but not all rockers are jerks and these people were. I only met like one person working there that was atleast decent. I dont like their attitudes but do like their merch so I guess you give some or take some.
mary a.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this store and have for over 10 years. It has tons of variety of things to look at. They could be a bit bigger in the space because any store I've ever gone into I've felt like I was going to knock things over. The prices are not bad at all they range from high to low and they have things for all ages.
Nicole M.
Pahrump, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hot Topic is definitely not what it was when I was a teenager back in the stone ages. It used to carry only alternative type of items. Stuff with a rocker edge to it. Now it's filled with fandom stuff. I still like it but it's not as cool as it used to be.
Mary L T.
Jermyn, PA
A bit overpriced, but I end up shopping here at least 3-4 times a year since they usually have whatever trend my son is into with gaming (five nights at Freddy's, pokemon, all that stuff). I do enjoy when I get the hot cash rewards and can use them, makes it a bit more affordable. I sometimes order online, but the closest store always has super friendly and helpful employees.

I also like some of their jewelry for myself and have bought band tees for my fiancé.
Amber M.
Brilliant, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love shopping at hot topic. They have everything from band merchandise, hair dye, make up, cute clothes and shoes. Everything a goth girl can dream of. It's a bit cheaper to buy online than it is to buy at the store because they have amazing online sales. Hot Topic
Amber P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love hot topic, but their band t shirt selection is not the best in stores. All the band's I always listened to, it's hard finding band tee's. And when in the store, they have alot of rap tee shirts and stuff now.. since when did hot topic have rap stuff? Lol. But overall a good store. But I would love if things were wayyyyy cheaper and had a better band selection for shirts.
Desiree A.
Am I the only one who loves kawaii stuff?
J M.
What's your favorite item you've gotten from Hot Topic?
Yasmine S.
Tampa, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this store scare anyone else? I find it creepy
Adela A.
Tucson, AZ
Why don't they ever carry drake shirts? Nor can i find the band tee i am looking for
Hailey C.
Vancouver
Whats ur fave product there