- "They have costumes, band shirts, body jewelry, stickers, posters, alternative accessories, candy, makeup, and all sorts of great gag gifts too." in 30 reviews
- "They have lost allot of God collection of band ts and body jewelry but I can find most of want I want in there and that just makes me happy. " in 29 reviews
- "Great place if you're looking for band / pop culture merchandise, or some darker looking fashion than what you find in the regular stores in the mall." in 28 reviews
- "If you are an angst ridden teenager, feel like nobody understands you, and you need some awesome band tees...this is the place for you." in 22 reviews
- "Hottopic was my stuff in high school, but recently they've gone too "mainstream" It's suppose to be about cult film merch & hardcore bands." in 16 reviews
I've been shopping at hottopic since I was probably 12 years old. Its just a cool store for everyone. It's not just metal music and whatever people see it as. Its the only place I can find invader zim and star wars things. Love it!
THE STUFF AT HOT TOPIC IS A LITTLE EDGY AND PUNK ROCKERISH BUT I LIKE TO GO HERE TO BUY MY BELLY BUTTON RINGS. ANOTHER REASON I SHOP AT THIS STORE IS BECAUSE OF THE AWESOME PROMOS THEY USUALLY HAVE GOING ON LIKE BUY ONE GET ONE.
I go into the store because I'm a major geek and sarcasm freak. They have great themed products (Doctor Who, Star Wars). I also love their shirts, because they can be very good conversation starters because of the sarcasm in them.
I'm a little disappointed by Hot Topic's selection of band t-shirts these days, but I still pop in every now and again... And promptly leave when I see the walls covered in My Little Pony, One Direction and Twilight merchandise.
Every now and then, you can find something pretty awesome in a Hot Topic store. But, those always come from brands not otherwise affiliated with Hot Topic (Kreepsville 666, Iron Fist, etc). Hot Topic's own brand of items are low quality.
I really like Hot topic. There are not a lot of "scene" stores left floating around. I am older, but I still love the alternative look and I can always find some great cosmetics, hair good, shirts or a fun gift for someone there.
Used to shop here all the time when I was younger, they always had a good range of band shirts. They usually have some cool "trendy" items for shows that are popular like Dr. Who or Adventure Time. They are kind of expensive though
I liked this store back in middle school but haven't been there since. its not my type of clothing, however I did like the band tees. I also hated the smell of the store.
I used to love hot topic! I feel like it got really bright within the last couple of years.. It's made me not want to visit the store as much. I'd rather shop online now.
Hot Topic is pretty ace. I mostly buy band-tees, earrings and other accessories from there. I feel like every time I go in they are having some sort of store-wide sale. They've got a good selection of bands and popular "fandoms."
Q & A
Does anyone else wished that hot topic was easier to walk through? It's always so small and crowded.
Ain't most of their clothes black?
What's your go to section at hot topic?
What's your favorite purchase from Hot Topic?
What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on their prices?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos