BY HOT TOPIC

• What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe be...16 Answers
  • Who else thinks there t shirts are poorly made?3 Answers
Kelly C.
Parsons, KS
One thing I've always thought about HotTopic is that it could be so much more than what it currently is. They could get way better clothing, jewelry, design, and such a bigger verity of music in there! To me it was always a store that was holding back it's potential. The other thing is that the products that they DO carry are expensive! There's not way you're going in and out of there with anything cheap, even when things are on sale it's still quite expensive. I do like the store though.
Amaya M.
Jersey City, NJ
So I wear clothes often (obviously) but I don't usually get many compliments unless I'm wearing something from hot topic. People underestimate this store and think they only sell clothes for 'emo people' and such but they also say they've never been there. I am the type of person who is easily drawn into a fandom and hot topic pretty has mercy for everything I like and I hate shopping anywhere else (plus I like the signs that say things like 'get in our pants' they crack me up everytjme'
Laurel J.
I'm disappointed with Hot Topic. It use to be a store for the alternatives, punks, goths, or anyone who wasn't with the "in" crowd. Now it's some over priced store that has become the slave of pop culture. The clothes are HIGHLY over priced, they don't carry many band tee from amazing bands, and the quality of their accessories has hit rock bottom.
Karsyn B.
I really miss the day when Hot Topic wasn't filled with so much pop culture and artists like Iggy and Nicki Minaj. It isn't that they aren't talented artists, but more so that you can find their merchandise in many other places where as alternative bands are harder to find. They always have good sales - BOGO 1/2 off or BOGO $1/$5 on clearance jewelry. Plus the Hot Cash. Associates get 40% off, which is obviously a perk if you need a place to work and like shopping there.
Monique A.
Lancaster, CA
I am a regular hot topic shopper. I love the band merch/tv and anime (pop culture) items. I have to say in all honesty, I do not like the jewelry. Not real silver and I have very sensitive skin so it does irritate. They turn brown and make your skin green and the piercings as well. Every thing else is fine! And customer service has always been the best there!
Nicole P.
Pahrump, NV
Hot Topic is definitely not what it was when I was a teenager back in the stone ages. It used to carry only alternative type of items. Stuff with a rocker edge to it. Now it's filled with fandom stuff. I still like it but it's not as cool as it used to be.
Alayna P.
Chester, PA
The story where I live has a very homey vibe and the workers always talk to you like you family. I must say the store is for teenagers because there are a lot of non-formal clothing. I have to say my favorite part of the store is how many fandoms are included: rap artists, Dr. Who, Tøp, and more. I do recommend!
Karen P.
Lexington, KY
It is a fun store with lots of items based around different fandoms. I buy things here for me occasionally, but I mainly buy things here for my nieces. Their target audience is definitely more of the teen and 20s crowd. I do love that they have started adding plus sizes to their online store. It will be better when they carry them in store.
Elsie R.
Davenport, FL
There is nothing that I do not like about Hot Topic. It is definitely my favorite store. Whenever I'm at the small I'm always stopping there to see if they have any new things in stock or any good deals. Their "hot cash" is super great and they have a great selection of products whether your looking for movie/tv merchandise, band tees, or just plain hoodies or skinny jeans and lots of jewelry, CDs, and make up products. They have so much to choose from and at good prices!
Doris V.
I'm a geek, married to a geek, raising 4 mini geeks. They have an assortment of things to meet out diverse needs. Minecraft. Got it. Harry Potter? Got it. My little pony, and Dr. Who? Yes! I've gotten some great gifts here. And they even have anime related novelties. It always the first stop when I do my Christmas shopping.
Desiree A.
Am I the only one who loves kawaii stuff?
Amy L.
Canton, OH
Does anyone else feel the size selections on clothing is a little lacking?
Autumn G.
I LOVE THIS!!!!!
J M.
What's your favorite item you've gotten from Hot Topic?
Tamia G.
How are the clothes here?