BY HOT TOPIC

• What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe be...18 Answers
  • Who else thinks there t shirts are poorly made?3 Answers
Ian H.
Escondido
Great store. Great customer service. Most of the time I can go in to my local hot topic and find what I’m looking for in seconds making my trip so much faster and easier.
Bianca M.
Great for all of your pop culture needs! I have been shopping at Hot Topic for several years. I find that the staff is very friendly. The t shirts hold up for a while. Would recommend to fans who want quality products.
Camyonce D.
Cheltenham
Hot topic is very nice to store a very different style of urban wear. Hot topic the only problem I may have is I wish the prices were more affordable for everyone.
Rica S.
This store is the equivalent to MTV. It used to have one singular function and everyone appreciated it but through time it's unnecessarily expanded into different musical subcultures and it's just a mess now. This store is now leaning towards more of a pop-culture/ new F.Y.E vibe now. Before it used to be dark and good music used to play before it started to become more induced in pop-filter products. They still have pretty cool band tees that you can't get anywhere else but their accessories are crap and break easily. Most of their clothes are made pretty crappy and not with the prices.
Zoey S.
North Hampton
Hot Topic is the perfect store for teens in 2018. They have such a large collection of clothes and accessories for different fandoms, as well as makeup that is really good quality. I do, however, think that it is a very overpriced store. Everything there is good quality, but I don't want to spend $20 on a Marilyn Manson t-shirt. That's usually the only clothing I do buy when I go there though, because the pants are VERY overpriced. The staff are very friendly, but they kind of pressure me to buy things and sign up for the deals and stuff. I really don't like it when associates do that. But, I give it 4 stars for the makeup. It's pastel and goth; my favorite combinations.
Kelly M.
JEFFERSONVLLE, KY
They have a lot of really cool stuff here. They have stuff like Funko Pop figures, vintage looking band shirts and posters, and a lot of things from cult favorite type movies, like mugs, plushies, beanies, jewelry, shirts, posters, etc. They also sell body jewelry and piercing aftercare items. A lot of their fashion stuff is targeted towards young adults and teenagers, specifically those that fall into the emo, goth and hipster categories. They do have some things, like bathing suits and t-shirts, hats, and jewelry that anyone ages 12 to 45 would appreciate. It's a neat store, but they're usually really overcrowded, as their stores tend to be in really small spaces inside shopping malls.
Jessica C.
I love the accessories! I can also find cute little trinkets from shows and other pop culture things that I love, not to mention the shirts! They do tend to shrink over time but knowing that I know what size to get that will last! Always receiving complements about my tees, and they are the reason I have a button collection! Don’t even get me started on the “hot cash!” event. My only major complaint is the stores that I have been in are small considering all the things they have! Even my grandma enjoys looking at the things in this place so it’s not a scary store for young goths or wannabes as many think. Nice anime things as well <3
Rachelle P.
I used to really love this store but it's gotten so hipster. I can still find a lot of really cute dresses and stuff, and it's one of the few places I can find sailor moon apparel. But it's so GODAWFUL loud in there! And the quality of their house brand stuff has really taken a nose dive. So much so that I will only buy stuff when it hits ultra clearance and try to use hot cash. The staff is forced to do their little sale spiel to every person who comes in so you end up getting told the same thing by every sales person because they couldn't hear the other person already tell you.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
I miss my Hot Topic in my mall they had great items and pretty good deals. The only thing is that at my location all the people working there had bad attitudes. Like I get it you have to be dark and emo but you dont need to be rude to customers. I was told by a friend that worked there that when they got the job they were told they needed to withstand a "Punk Rock" sort of attitude, well that's one thing but not all rockers are jerks and these people were. I only met like one person working there that was atleast decent. I dont like their attitudes but do like their merch so I guess you give some or take some.
Maya S.
The only reason I go into Hot Topic is to look for Disney merch, and they have TONS of cute stuff here. Especially Lilo and Stitch products, which I love!!! Sometimes they even have merchandise for obscure Disney movies, like The Goofy movie. I just feel like the music is always too loud in these stores. They do have good customer service though, both in-store and online. I just feel like their clothes are really overpriced, even with coupons. They do 30% off flash sales fairly often so if you're dying to buy something, sign up for their rewards programs and emails and wait for a sale!
alana m.
Samantha B.
Whitman, WV
Ain't most of their clothes black?
Meghan C.
What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on their prices?
Christina C.
Mission, TX
What's your go to section at hot topic?
Katelyn H.
What's your favorite purchase from Hot Topic?