BY HOT TOPIC

• What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe be...16 Answers
  • Who else thinks there t shirts are poorly made?2 Answers
Tiffany D.
Inman
I have shopped at hot topic since I was 12 and it is just recently that I have stopped. I always liked hot topic, but their prices are a little much and I was not happy the last time I went in their store. I have tourette's and was asked to leave because of my cussing tic. I explained my condition and she let me buy my items and then called security on me because I had a seizure and fell and I was accused of faking by security when I wasn't. She tried to arrest me for not having my ID on me and when that fell through she said I was trying to steal and kicked me out when I had my receipt and there was not a stolen item on my person, in my bag, nor did I try to steal anything at all. That mall cop no longer works there, that employee does not work there, and I refuse to spend another dime at hot topic.
Alicia C.
I love this store for all of its unique nostalgia. I wouldnt say i fit in any mold per say i dress many different ways from business attire and heels to combat boots and ripped up skinny jeans. I am a huge lover of Disney and i absolutely love all of the different types of things you can get that are disney related. I also have a 10 year old that loves the super hero world and the funko pop bobble heads and hot topic carries a vast array of different types of them. I know most people used to think its just a "goth or punk" store but its really not. I also love love 💘 the cosmetics,jewlery, and hair products. I super splurge in this store. My whole family loves this store from 35 to 10. So you should def check it out soon.
member-12708
I am a big fan of the movie IT and my friend told me today that Hot Topic released a new exclusive -- Pennywise in the Gutter pop figure scene. I called around different Hot Topics and they were all sold out except for the store at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX (they had 4). Excited... I told them Iwas on my way to pick up one . I drove from Dallas (about 45-55 mins) and when I got there... one of the ladies told me in a very "smiley, cheerful demeanor"... oh... we sold out... somebody bought them all 30 mins before you got here. Hot Topic Management - I know CASH IS KING and if YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE but do exercise some discretion. When you are selling an exclusive item -- please be mindful of your other customers. Why was it ok to sell 4 of the same exclusive item to one customer? Wasted my time... Yup -- one star in my books.
Jay 💖.
My local Hot topic is a bit small,but I still love it to death! The workers are always super helpful and nice,and I've never had a bad experience there. I love their chokers and the range of things they have. Their shirts,especially the band and anime shirts,are really good quality. They also have anime figures and bracelets and necklaces,and I love that. I can only go a few times a year,but every time it makes me happy. I've never been mistreated or judged there,and it's very calm there. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this store,at least not for my local one!
Csilla K.
Caribou
"I love "Hot Topic and used to frequent this store for my "Morbid Makeup and Vamp Juice. I had purchased some pretty amazing goth diva boots and skirts too for my "Dracula's Ball events in Philadelphia. "I have not been to your store since I moved up to "Northern Maine 8 years ago... "I have gone online to purchase a few goodies but can not find the cool makeup palettes you once had. :(  "You're still one of my favorite shops and I'll never be too old to want something awesome from your shop!! <3
Hope B.
My local Hot Topic is very small but I love their chokers and their shimmery nail polishes( the ones in the skull bottle) everything is good quality. The only reason why I gave this 4 stores is because the store employees are very rude. But the stuff you find here is awesome :)
Danielle S.
Toney
I ordered a couple of shirts a for a Christmas present on the Black Friday sale. I ended up receiving the wrong package which contained a much more expensive order than mine but I went ahead and called customer service to get things sorted out. Not only was I on hold for a ridiculous amount of time but the response to all this was I get refunded for what I paid but I won’t get the shirts I ordered and they want the other order back. So now I have no Christmas present for my mom because I’m not paying the ridiculous amount it costs for the shirts at regular price because I’ve now missed out on the sale. What also sucks is how awful the person was about it. I get answering calls can’t be fun but don’t patronize me. I think I’m done with hot topic. I was really really excited to get these shirts for my mom especially at that price but after everything that’s happened I’m done.
Alexxandria H.
La Puente, CA
Always enjoy their clothes. Up until the last few years. They changed the style of the store. Started playing shittier music and became more overpriced bullshxt. I don’t recommend coming here because theres store that sell them cheaper and better quality. Shorts are almost 40$ and dont last at all! Jeans rip easily as well. And those go for 50$ each! This store needs to die out or become better on prices, quality, and their music selection
Jonnay V.
I'll admit, I never actually went into Hot Topic before until I saw that they had Riverdale merchandise. I decided to go in and take a look, and what they had was pretty good! I ended up buying one of the Pop's shirts as a part of a Halloween costume, and the quality was good. They had a buy 2 get 1 deal going on, which I thought was great, but I ended up just getting one shirt anyway. The employees were very nice!
BriAnna 💀.
Resaca, GA
Hot Topic is my absolute favorite store, and has been for 9 years now! They carry a wide range of band tees & merch, pop culture items, jewelry/body jewelry, hair dye & makeup, and a ton of dark/goth/rock & roll clothing items. Their prices are in the standard range for what items like these go for(there is some stuff that's a little expensive in my opinion but most is priced reasonably), & I've always had good outcomes for quality. I have always had a good experience in store and online. I'm a rewards member and you get $5 rewards for spending so much money, $5 to spend for your birthday, and they're always having great sales!
I'm pretty sure 75% or more of my closet is nothing but items from Hot Topic, and I'm perfectly okay with that.
alana m.
Samantha B.
Whitman, WV
Ain't most of their clothes black?
Christina C.
Mission, TX
What's your go to section at hot topic?
Katelyn H.
What's your favorite purchase from Hot Topic?
Meghan C.
What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on their prices?