BY HOT TOPIC

• Does anyone else wished that hot topic was easier to walk through...21 Answers
  • What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on ...16 Answers
  • I LOVE THIS!!!!! 7 Answers
Hot Topic
Posting this on multiple review websites because hottopic wouldn't post my reviews. The whole situation was bad. So I ordered the Pikachu cardigan online. It is ABSOLUTELY not like the picture the black of the cardigan shows through pikachus yellow body. It makes pikachu look infected. In the picture online it looks PERFECT. I tried 3 times to post a review saying how unhappy I was with the (expensive) product. I haven't even worn it. It's an ugly cardigan and a total waste, I'd post a picture if I could. I made a side by side of what they show on the website and what I got. It's HORRIBLE. None of my reviews were posted because they didn't follow the rules. I had family read the reviews. Only thing we can think of is they wouldn't post it because I was honest about the product or because I said I'd never shop with hottopic again. But now here's the real issue. I don't live super close to a hottopic. That's why I ordered online. But to return we made the drive to North bend outlet mall where there's a hottopic I've been to once before. The first time I was there the guy was nice. Second time when I tried returning the cardigan? Nope. He said it was wet and that it smelled modly? After I received it and saw how UGLY it was i put it back in the bag until we could drive to the store and return it. It had no smell besides factory smell like all clothes have and it definitely wasn't wet. I've sent two emails to the hottopic website and haven't gotten a thing back (it's been a week). Do not shop with hottopic topic. Expensive, horrible customer, bad products and just a bad experience. I now have an expensive cardigan that's absolutely worthless. Again, I will N.E.V.E.R. shop with hottopic again. Unprofessional.
Ashley C.
I haven't been in a Hot Topic in awhile, but I remember when they first opened.. Man, was that store great. Parents HATED IT, and that's some of the fun of being a teenager, right? They had more of a "goth" lean back then, now they're just super trendy, overly expensive, employ some seriously rude, obnoxious, rotten, elitist people. But, I guess that's the way it goes when places and things get super popular, they change with the times. I'd rather see them go back to the way they were, but if you're super trendy and have plenty of money to spend.. This is the place to do it. "All about the music" ?? Meeeh, maybe they used to be, but it seems more they're on the comic & pop culture bandwagon.
Christa G.
Cheraw, SC
Hot Topic is one of my all-time favorite stores and has been for well over a decade now. They have some of the best dresses, accessories, swimsuits, and so much more. Hot Topic sells things that most stores back away from, which is one of the reasons why I love them so much. However, they can be quite expensive when it comes to dresses, jackets, and such. As a young college student, it's so depressing to find a store FULL of things that you would kill to have, but can't because of how expensive some of the items are. Despite its tendency to be expensive, I definitely recommend this store!!!!
Rica S.
This store is the equivalent to MTV. It used to have one singular function and everyone appreciated it but through time it's unnecessarily expanded into different musical subcultures and it's just a mess now. This store is now leaning towards more of a pop-culture/ new F.Y.E vibe now. Before it used to be dark and good music used to play before it started to become more induced in pop-filter products. They still have pretty cool band tees that you can't get anywhere else but their accessories are crap and break easily. Most of their clothes are made pretty crappy and not with the prices.
Kaylee D.
Bowling Green, OH
I like Hot Topic because they sell merchandise for bands that I can't find anywhere else. I think they have a good variety of products; from things that I don't like to things that I do. I also like that even though they may be selling a lot more commercial items than they used to, their main priority is still about the music, which makes me happy.
Although their staff is still terrifying and the merchandise is pretty overpriced. Supply and demand, though, since it's the only place that sells the stuff they can basically price it whatever they want and the emo kids still come running.
Rachelle P.
I used to really love this store but it's gotten so hipster. I can still find a lot of really cute dresses and stuff, and it's one of the few places I can find sailor moon apparel. But it's so GODAWFUL loud in there! And the quality of their house brand stuff has really taken a nose dive. So much so that I will only buy stuff when it hits ultra clearance and try to use hot cash. The staff is forced to do their little sale spiel to every person who comes in so you end up getting told the same thing by every sales person because they couldn't hear the other person already tell you.
Megan J.
Hot Topic is an amazing store!! If you are a fan of anyone from the range of 5 Seconds of Summer to Sleeping with Sirens to Marilyn Manson (and so much more!) This is a store you should definitely check out! Not into music? No Problem!! Hot Topic also sells merchandise from anime, TV shows, movies, comic series, and things such as hair dye, foreign candy, choker necklaces, and beautifully unique jewelry. If you have never given Hot Topic a chance I highly recommend it!! You won't regret a thing!!
jae C.
This is my go-to store for Pop-Culture clothing. Over the last few years, HT has vastly expanded their licensed character (Disney, BBC, etc) and that is awesome. The only downside that I have to the brand is that the prices on everything, especially the special "licensed" collection like Marvel, Star Wars, etc... has become more expensive.

I like to wait a few weeks or months after a collection has come out because it generally comes down in price or ends up in the clearance bin.
Caroline B.
Mesquite , NV
Hot Topic is my kind of place. I love all of the nostalgia themed clothing and accessories. I'm a big comic book and anime nerd, so this is my go-to place to find items to represent my favorite fandoms. They are a tad pricier than I like and it would be great if they could have a dressing room in their stores, but luckily their refund/exchange policy is great. I had to exchange a shirt for three different sizes before I found the right size and it was hassle free.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
I spend so much money here its ridiculous!

Hot Topic always has stuff other stores just don't carry! I always walk out with a bag in hand and a huge smile!

Their sales are great like bogo 30% off, hot cash and all the other sales they have throughout the year!

I have their "club" card as well as their credit card. You get awesome coupons by being a member and it's nice to save money.

I always feel welcomed by the workers there and they are always super helpful!
alana m.
Samantha B.
Whitman, WV
Ain't most of their clothes black?
Christina C.
Mission, TX
What's your go to section at hot topic?
Katelyn H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite purchase from Hot Topic?
Meghan C.
What is another store similar to Hot Topic? Also maybe better on their prices?