Amanda D.

I've been looking for a new curling iron for some time now and have heard a lot of good things about the Hot Tools brand and was just wondering how this curling iron performed. Did the curls stay put all day? Did the hair become frizzy at all after curling it because I seem to have that problem after I curl my hair.

Mary K.
Mary K.
Tallahassee, FL
1 year, 1 month ago
My hair smoothed out as it curled, so I had no problems with it being frizzy. I combine this with Tigi Bed Head Hard Head hairspray and lightly spray it before I curl and again after to set it. The spray has excellent hold to it so with the curling iron, my curls last almost all day, only relaxing a bit towards the end of the day. If you want that strong lasting power until the end of the night, you can spray the hairspray more strongly and/or touch up the spray throughout the day.
Kristen K.
Kristen K.
Vallejo, CA
1 year, 7 months ago
This is a very decent curling iron for the price. Hot Tools is a mid-range brand, not the best but definitely not the worst. I have this iron and have had it for about a year. I'm expecting it to stop working any minute now, none of my irons from this brand last longer than 2 years. The ceramic barrel is nice though, it disperses the heat evenly and helps to smooth the curls. Best bang for your buck, but don't expect to have it forever.