Hot Tools 1" Nano Tapered Curling Iron Medium

BY HOT TOOLS #51 in Curling Irons

Hot Tools® 1” Nano Ceramic® Tapered Iron (HTBW1851) curls hair with less frizz and more shine!

The irons’ Nano Ceramic® ultra-smooth barrel (size 1/2” – 1”) produces gentle far-infrared heat
and creates beautiful curls or waves on any hair type. It features Pulse Technology®, for Gets Hot…Stays Hot® performance and heats up to 430°F. Other features include variable heat settings, rheostat control dial, and a heat resistant glove.

Hot Tools 1
Hot Tools 1" Nano Tapered Curling Iron Medium
Codi H.
Canton, GA
I’m a huge fan of hot tools, so this review is not based on the heat, or the quality of this iron itself. I personally don’t like the style of this wand. I have flat, dry hair.. so I love to add some wave or texture to it. However, because this wand gets skinny at the top.. my curls end up very tight in some places and with the ends still flat. I ended up returning it just because the style didn’t come out how I like. I’ll use a wand that’s all one size in the future.
Cat M.
Charlotte, NC
Free gift with purchase. I normally stray away from hot tools on my hair, I chemically treat it and just in general dont want to add any extra damage. Plus, my hair is stubbornly straight. I’ve given this a go a handful of times and I can get semi loose waves, but nothing dramatic and I just don’t like how my hair feels afterwards, no matter what thermal protectant I use.
Lori A.
Brooklyn, NY
The older style curling irons with the clamp are outdated. You need one of these. I have wavy hair but have used it on Chinese type straight hair as well. It holds the curl. Not many curling irons do that and you don't have to worry about the clamp. Plus, the cone shape makes it easier to wrap your hair around and helps you create different size curls.
Hannah B.
Newtown, PA
I got this because I know celebrity hairstylists use this. I like it a lot, I just can't figure out how to use the clamp without making it look like a fishhook at the bottom, so I use it without the clamp and I like how it comes out still. One day I would like to use the clamp though the correct way.
Jenna R.
I have owned this iron for 4 years now and it is still completely functioning. It creates really pretty curls! I like that you are able to adjust the heat settings to have less damage or give tight or loose curls. This styling tool allows you to create all kinds of different curls so it is the only iron that I even own. I am so very satisfied with it and an extra plus is that the cord swivels at the base which is so much more helpful than I would have ever expected! Highly recommend!
Mariel W.
Willington, CT
Works so well, I love using this curling iron. It creates beautiful waves and always makes it look effortless whenever I go out. I bought it at ULTA beauty and I have bought a couple other products by Hot Tools. I have not been disappointed so far. I definitely recommend getting it if you can!
Gwendolyn W.
Jonesboro , AR
Hot Tools is my favorite brand of hair tools. They aren’t too expensive, midrange priced and work really good. I’ve never had a problem with any of my irons and they last forever. I’m not good at using a tapered iron but I like how this has a glove.
Ruby V.
houston
I like my curls tight and very curly. This 1 inch wand does the job very well and the curls last all day! I use this product almost everyday especially when I go into work or go out with my boo. If it ever breaks I would buy another one for sure!
Emily M.
Mcdonough, GA
I love hot tools products . What I really admired about this curling iron is that the curling iron heated up fast I just didn’t really like how the curls came out in the end. But i bought this curling iron for a reasonable pricw
abby m.
Mokena, IL
i use this curling iron every time i curl my hair. i dont love it and i dont hate it- better than drug store ones, but honestly not worth the price. i do like the tapered end, but if youre new with wands, i wouldnt suggest it.
Keke J.
Toronto
Does it damage your hair and give you split ends ?????
Elisha S.
Gallipolis, OH
Does this product help with frizzy hair?!
Alyssa A.
Which would you prefer; hot tools or neme?
Brazil G.
Maiden, NC
Is it worth it ?
Chaylynn S.
East Taunton, MA
Is this curling iron worth it i suck at curling my hair and I need something that is fast and easy I don't know if I should get this kind of wand or a wand with a clamp thing my hair is very thick and I don't want to be spending so much time doing my hair I need something fast and easy please help lol thankyou in advanced