Hot Tools 1" Nano Tapered Curling Iron Medium

BY HOT TOOLS #47 in Curling Irons

Hot Tools® 1” Nano Ceramic® Tapered Iron (HTBW1851) curls hair with less frizz and more shine!

The irons’ Nano Ceramic® ultra-smooth barrel (size 1/2” – 1”) produces gentle far-infrared heat
and creates beautiful curls or waves on any hair type. It features Pulse Technology®, for Gets Hot…Stays Hot® performance and heats up to 430°F. Other features include variable heat settings, rheostat control dial, and a heat resistant glove.

Hot Tools 1
Hot Tools 1" Nano Tapered Curling Iron Medium
Buy on Amazon*
Codi H.
Canton, GA
I’m a huge fan of hot tools, so this review is not based on the heat, or the quality of this iron itself. I personally don’t like the style of this wand. I have flat, dry hair.. so I love to add some wave or texture to it. However, because this wand gets skinny at the top.. my curls end up very tight in some places and with the ends still flat. I ended up returning it just because the style didn’t come out how I like. I’ll use a wand that’s all one size in the future.
Cat M.
Charlotte, NC
Free gift with purchase. I normally stray away from hot tools on my hair, I chemically treat it and just in general dont want to add any extra damage. Plus, my hair is stubbornly straight. I’ve given this a go a handful of times and I can get semi loose waves, but nothing dramatic and I just don’t like how my hair feels afterwards, no matter what thermal protectant I use.
Hannah N.
Little Rock, AR
I like this curling iron. It works get and gets plenty hot enough. I am not a huge fan of the tapered wands. The tool is easy to use and the curls hold all day. This wand is a great price. I purchased mine at Ulta. I would recommend to anyone.
abby m.
Mokena, IL
i use this curling iron every time i curl my hair. i dont love it and i dont hate it- better than drug store ones, but honestly not worth the price. i do like the tapered end, but if youre new with wands, i wouldnt suggest it.
Cailyn W.
Woodstock , IL
This iron is pretty great at achieving those effortless looking beach waves. I will admit that it is a little difficult to maneuver and figure out at first but it’s so worth the results. I would absolutely buy another
Ashley R.
Longwood
I recommend this product. I bought from TJ Max along with some hair products to go with it as a gift. It comes with a heat proof glove. This product has adjustable temperatures and works great for curling your hair.
Megan R.
Mount Carmel, PA
Love love love this wand! After using this I don’t think I’ll ever go back to using a regular curling iron again. I love that it’s tapered and it’s so easy to use once you get the hang of it. Amazing curls!
Lori A.
Brooklyn, NY
The older style curling irons with the clamp are outdated. You need one of these. I have wavy hair but have used it on Chinese type straight hair as well. It holds the curl. Not many curling irons do that and you don't have to worry about the clamp. Plus, the cone shape makes it easier to wrap your hair around and helps you create different size curls.
Katelyn P.
Los Angeles, CA
For what it does this thing is perfect. Sometimes the tapered edge is a bit much for every day because it can give a really early Taylor Swift-esque tight curl, but once I learned how to use it I was able to achieve fun curls for those days when you want to be a little wild. The curls stay all day as well and even sometimes look better the next day.
Jenna R.
I have owned this iron for 4 years now and it is still completely functioning. It creates really pretty curls! I like that you are able to adjust the heat settings to have less damage or give tight or loose curls. This styling tool allows you to create all kinds of different curls so it is the only iron that I even own. I am so very satisfied with it and an extra plus is that the cord swivels at the base which is so much more helpful than I would have ever expected! Highly recommend!
Keke J.
Toronto
Does it damage your hair and give you split ends ?????
Elisha S.
Gallipolis, OH
Does this product help with frizzy hair?!
Alyssa A.
Which would you prefer; hot tools or neme?
Brazil G.
Maiden, NC
Is it worth it ?
Chaylynn S.
East Taunton, MA
Is this curling iron worth it i suck at curling my hair and I need something that is fast and easy I don't know if I should get this kind of wand or a wand with a clamp thing my hair is very thick and I don't want to be spending so much time doing my hair I need something fast and easy please help lol thankyou in advanced