Add a Photo

#59 in Snack Cakes
Photo (1)
dawn m.
dawn m.

Everyone sees their favorite kid snack differently as an adult. I view them as smaller - but I have bigger hands now. LOL! They look exactly the same. I wish they would make them bigger! The original had banana flavoring inside, which they did come out with a version of. That tastes good if you feel the "original" isn't up to snuf. I view it for what it is - a childhood junk food that tasted so good because I wasn't allowed to have it every day or every week. It was an occasional treat!
Kristi G.
Kristi G.
Seattle, WA

Okay, the first time that I tried these I didn't care for them, and I think that it's because I am a baker, so I nearly always prefer what I make. However, upon eating them a few more times, I admit that they have slightly grown on me, especially the filling as it does taste like something more than just butter or Crisco. I just wish that they weren't so spongy like injera bread.
Melissa N.
Melissa N.
Seattle, WA

I used to eat these all the time when I was in high school, and loved them. They must have changed the formula since then because I tried them as an adult, and couldn't even finish one of the cakes. It had an awful, chemical taste to it, and the creme filling was anything but creme. I do not recommend these at all.
Mount Vernon, NY

I have never been the biggest fan of twinkies, but they are a nice quick snack when you're looking for something sweet. I was a little upset when I found out Hostess was going out of business (but then they came back lol). I would rather fry them in pancake batter than eat them as they come.
Haley H.
Haley H.
Watkinsville, GA

I had heard all of the raves about Twinkies, so i decided i would try them . They are definitely not for me. The cake is almost greasy. There is something about biting into something and having an automatic change of texture that I just cant handle. I will not purchase again,
Larissa G.
Larissa G.
San Antonio, TX

Oh dear, don't even get me started on twinkies. I haven't had one in YEARS! But these bad boys are my guilty pleasure. I used to snack on these all the time but unfortunately twinkles no longer fit into my diet plan :( lol Maybe next cheat day, I'll allow myself to have one!
Kelly M.
Kelly M.
Indianapolis , IN

I feel like these used to be better. I don't buy them often but was sad when they disappeared. Like many others, I was super excited when they came back and I bought a box. The seemed smaller, kind of dry and had more calories than before.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
USA

I was so excited when I heard Twinkies were back on the shelf! But unfortunately, it was not the same taste as i remember. I ended up giving the whole box to my class of students. Affordable but not good anymore 😞! Hostess lost a customer!
Julia A.
Julia A.
Trondheim

They are very sweet and its a perfect coffee snack and a perfect snack for small parties with guest. I love their creamie taste and how they are built up. But sometimes if you eat much of them it will be too sweet.
Leigh-Ann G.
Leigh-Ann G.

I Loved Twinkies as a kid through high school years
every since they changed the recipe they tasted gross
they have a weird after taste and there bit on the greasy side
will not be buying again !!!!
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

Anyone know we're these are still can be found at? Ive reasently been craving but can't find them
Mount Vernon, NY

Any chain supermarket. I have also seen them at Walmart.

Join Now