Add a Photo

#48 in Snack Cakes
Photo (1)
Anne v.
Anne v.

So a little bit of time ago i purchased a box of american snacks. Now i must say i had a very bad experience with their service, so it may have been just them. So i wondered, because everyone is always extremely hyped about them. I opened the package and i did not smell anything. no fresh cake or sweet goodness. I bit into the cake, and a chemically taste quickly entered my mouth. It was disgusting. I dont know why everyone is always so siked about this.
Dina R.
Dina R.
Belfast

So everyone is obsessed about Twinkies. I love the name of the product, so I was curious as to what this was all about. I got some raised eyebrows what I purchases it from my local American Candy store, something about him doubting I would like them.
He was right.
I hate them. The moment I bit down, my tongue was hit with a super-chemically flavor, and a thick and greasy feeling in my mouth, and it was repulsive. No thanks, not for me.
eleanor d.
eleanor d.

I had never had twinkies before as they are not usually sold in England, but from the reviews and many movies I had watched I thought it was about time I had one, and I must honestly say that I don't understand the obsession, the cake was dry, and the centre filling was very artificial. However, my younger sister who is 5 years old thought they were delicious, so perhaps we should leave it to the hyperactive children.
Melissa N.
Melissa N.
Seattle, WA

I used to eat these all the time when I was in high school, and loved them. They must have changed the formula since then because I tried them as an adult, and couldn't even finish one of the cakes. It had an awful, chemical taste to it, and the creme filling was anything but creme. I do not recommend these at all.
Devin O.
Devin O.
Hillsboro, OR

I admit that when these were gone for that brief bit I was in a panic. One of my favorite no bake recipes calls for Twinkies and no substitute or knock off brand can ever meet up to the goodness that Hostess Twinkies provide. I love the texture of the cake and the cream filling is so delicious.
Mount Vernon, NY

I have never been the biggest fan of twinkies, but they are a nice quick snack when you're looking for something sweet. I was a little upset when I found out Hostess was going out of business (but then they came back lol). I would rather fry them in pancake batter than eat them as they come.
Haley H.
Haley H.
Watkinsville, GA

I had heard all of the raves about Twinkies, so i decided i would try them . They are definitely not for me. The cake is almost greasy. There is something about biting into something and having an automatic change of texture that I just cant handle. I will not purchase again,
Larissa G.
Larissa G.
San Antonio, TX

Oh dear, don't even get me started on twinkies. I haven't had one in YEARS! But these bad boys are my guilty pleasure. I used to snack on these all the time but unfortunately twinkles no longer fit into my diet plan :( lol Maybe next cheat day, I'll allow myself to have one!
Helen F.
Helen F.
Miami, Florida

ay the twinkies is something irresistible to eat I love since childhood I used to eat them as a snack, now my daughter whom I ask them both for the school and for the nursery, I enjoy tea with her the twinkies because they make me go back to my infacia
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
USA

I was so excited when I heard Twinkies were back on the shelf! But unfortunately, it was not the same taste as i remember. I ended up giving the whole box to my class of students. Affordable but not good anymore 😞! Hostess lost a customer!
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

Anyone know we're these are still can be found at? Ive reasently been craving but can't find them
Mount Vernon, NY

Any chain supermarket. I have also seen them at Walmart.

Join Now