BY HORMEL #28 in Bacon

Hormel™ Black Label® Maple Bacon.
Since 1891.
U.S. Inspected and Passed by Department of Agriculture. see more...

Danielle R.
Deerfield Bch, FL
I can't say this is the best grocery store purchased bacon I have ever eaten, but it more than hits the spot. The maple flavour is mild and, had I not been the one who purchased it, I likely would not have identified it as maple flavoured.

I'm inclined to think there is a factory-rooted discrepancy in how much maple flavor each package of bacon has, because I see reviews describing the maple flavor as underwhelming, (like me), and others who find it greatly influences the taste of the bacon.

No matter; I love it just as it is and would recommend it to anyone looking for a thickly sliced bacon that cooks well.
ceylon h.
Atlanta , GA
See here is the thing. This is supposed to be Maple flavored. I really didn't taste the maple in the bacon. I mean if I brought regular bacon then this would of gotten all 5 stars. But I was looking for either Brown sugar or Maple. Hormel failed. I like the fact that the bacon is thick sliced. But other than that, they could of packaged this as regular bacon. You can read the other comments and they also say they don't taste the flavor either.
Taylor S.
I made breakfast for dinner recently and this bacon did not disappoint. I do prefer a bit of a thicker cut, but overall an awesome choice for a sweeter bacon. I had a couple leftover pieces I threw on a bleu cheese burger the next day and it worked just fine. So don't be afraid to throw this together with your savory items.
Sarah M.
Burnsville
I liked the flavor this bacon has. It may not be a over powerful maple flavor however it does have an added flavor of smoke maybe? I was excited to find a different variety of thick bacon instead of just plain thick cut bacon... not that there is anything wrong with just plain bacon!
Brittany B.
Kernersville, NC
I would love to give this a 4 1/2 star rating because the taste is AMAZING but the bacon is so thinly sliced that it falls apart when you are trying to put it in the pan to cook it. It smells like you are making pancakes and it tastes great.
Jessica T.
This is my favorite brand of maple bacon! The flavor is smoky and sweet, and it pairs SO WELL with several of my recipes. Most recently, I used this bacon in my Cowboy Beans at our 4th of July gathering. This bacon never disappoints!
Ria H.
Smyrna, GA
I grabbed these the last time I went shopping and really enjoyed switching up from salty bacon. They were perfect for a different spin on your average BLT. I thought it was good quality for the price. I would recommend for anyone who enjoys sweet over salty!
Michah C.
Laramie, WY
The bacon has a small taste of maple, more of like an aftertaste than a exploding flavor like i wanted. It is a great cheap bacon, and the thick cut makes it better than like a microwave bacon. I would have given five stars if the maple was there.
Heather H.
Columbia, MO
This is the best bacon ever! Maple bacon is literally the best thing ever made. It is a little expensive but all bacon is somewhat expensive but it is so good you definitely don't regret it. I would recommend this! I have like 10 in the fridge from a sale.
Jessica C.
Leicester, NC
It's worth the price compared to store brands. This product is thicker and holds up better when cooked. It taste like regular bacon...(so I don't know that the maple flavoring did anything for me). But I'd get it again.