Hop on Pop By Dr. Seuss (Hardcover)

by Random House

Loved by generations, this "simplest Seuss for youngest use" is a Beginner Book classic. See Red and Ned and Ted and Ed in a bed. And giggle as Pat sits on a hat and on a cat and on a bat. but a cactus? Pat must NOT sit on that! This classic Beginner Book makes an ideal gift for Seuss fans and is an especially good way to show Pop some love on Father's Day! Originally created by Dr. Seuss, Beginner Books encourage children to read all by themselves, with simple words and illustrations that give clues to their meaning.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Hop on Pop By Dr. Seuss (Hardcover)!
How would you rate this product?
Pearcy, AR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
My kids all love this book.  My grandpa, my kids great grandpa, was Pop.  When my oldest was little he bought this book for her and she loved it.  He passed away before my two youngest were born, but we share stories of him with them when we read this book.  We love the stories as with all Dr. Seuss books.  Some of our favorite books.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Hop on Pop By Dr. Seuss (Hardcover) A perfect gift for new parents, birthday celebrations, and happy occasions of all kinds, this collection of five beloved Beginner Books by Dr. Seuss—The Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, and Fox in Socks—will be cherished by young and old alike.
Tracy, CA
I love all Dr. Seuss’s books. I own all of his books in my home library. I read this book to my kids when they were younger. They liked this book. This book is an easy read for young readers. It’s fun and enjoyable. I highly recommend this book as well as all Dr. Seuss’s books!
Waco
Bookworm Expert Level 1
YES WE HAD JUST ABOUT EVERYONE OF THESE BOOK AS A CHILD I REALLY LOVE READING THEM AND THEN WHEN I HAD CHILDREN I WOULD READ THEM TO THEM AND NOW TO MY GRANDCHILDREN I WOULD RECOMMEND
Oakton, VA
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Every kid needs to have all of Dr.Seuss's books and first on the list to get is the always fun "Hop on Pop". My toddler has loved this book for the longest time and it's fun and easy enough for toddlers to both understand and keep their interest. It's perfect gift for any dad too! My husband loves reading this book with our 2 year old & my son knows the main verses of the book, screaming them out whenever it gets to the part
Lena, WI
Dr Seuss books have just a way with children. I love that my kids get a kick out of reading the silliness that the books entail. Use of imagination at its highest.
West Covina, CA
Hop on pop. Did you know that one of our past President George Bush used to read this book to his daughters Jenna and Barbara . So it was said by his wife Barbara Bush. I think this book was a favorite of lots of I think this book was a favorite of lots of households in America going up as it still will be for many many many years to come .
Hico, TX
This book is especially good for children learning to read! It helps them practice lots of words and is kind of a tongue twister style book to help them become better readers. Dr. Seuss made a lot of books in his time and they are all wonderful! We own a lot of them! The story itself is great as well.
Blaine, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Hop on pop. What can I say? This book is SO fun! I remember reading it to my daughter when she was little. We call my dad "papa", so she thought it would be funny to hop on papa! A lot of great rhyming words in this book too. Dr Suess was so good at that! He makes reading fun for kids!
CHARLOTTE, NC
Not my favorite of the Dr. Seuss books, but it still serves a purpose. The story isn't nearly as interesting as the others, but it's great for beginning readers. The illustrations and the simple key words that are repeated are easy for those beginning to learn to read.