Homefront PS3 by PS3

by PS3

The year is 2027. The world as we know it is unraveling after fifteen years of economic meltdown and widespread global conflict over dwindling natural resources. A once proud America has fallen, her infrastructure shattered and military in disarray. Crippled by a devastating EMP strike, the USA is powerless to resist the ever expanding occupation of a savage, nuclear armed Greater Korean Republic. Abandoned by her former allies, the United States is a bleak landscape of walled towns and abandoned suburbs. This is a police state where high school stadiums have become detention centers, and shopping malls shelter armored attack vehicles. A once-free people are now prisoners or collaborators or revolutionaries. Join the Resistance, stand united and fight for freedom against an overwhelming military force in Homefront's gripping single player campaign penned by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn). Stand alongside a cast of memorable characters as an emotional plot unfolds in this terrifyingly plausible near-future world. Experience visceral, cinematic first-person shooter action as you fight your way across Occupied USA using guerrilla tactics, and commandeer military vehicles and advanced drone technology to defeat the enemy. Multiplayer brings epic warfare to the online arena as infantry, tanks, attack helicopters and combat drones battle across huge, open battlefields. A rich feature set offering layers of tactical depth combined with a game-changing innovation in the multiplayer space will set a new benchmark in online warfare.

Is there a newer version out?
Start your review of Homefront PS3 by PS3!
Great story ideas hindered by repetitive gameplay. In an alternate history where North Korea has taken over the United States, you band together with a ragtag resistance group to try and take America back Red Dawn style. The gameplay doesn't evolve at all during the five to six hours you spend in the campaign. The entirety of the game is go to a point and shoot more bad guys. Not exactly awful, just mediocre. Overall, I can recommend the game for its story, but the gameplay holds it back.
Pikesville, MD
I love the concept of this game. You can play for fun with friends/solo or just relaxing and creating new worlds. Lots of variety to work with. I love all the bad guys even thou they are actually really adorable πŸ˜‚. This pixel game has made its way into one of my top games.
Tinley Park, IL
As long as you aren't someone who immediately judges a game on graphics, this FPS is for you. It's a great change from mainstream FPS's, and the story is amazing. The multiplayer takes standard team based game modes and adds a great twist by shifting the map. And the "star threats" are another great change. It adds a different level of suspense and tactics to the matches.
Browns Valley, CA
Purchased it on Ebay after it had been out awhile. Payed significantly less than when it came out. Decent graphics, engine and gameplay. Sometimes a little repetitive, but overall, fun. Worth it if you can find it used and enjoy this style of shooter.
miami, florida
Great, this game is really good, the graphics and the gameplay is wonderful, I like the characters in the third dimension, the weapons are quite complete and there is a lot of variety to choose from, I love the story, I recommend it completely !
Oak Park Hts, MN
This wasn't the best of games. The premise intrigued me but I can't get past a certain point even after searching online for a solution, something I loathe doing. This made it impossible for me to rate any higher.
Channelview , TX
The introduction of homefront kind of creeped me out because its supposedly the future and it looks like the says would be very bad but other than that it was a good game
Gamer Expert Level 3
This game is a pretty fun game that has definitely made me rage a time or two. Though, it isn't one of my favorites, it's a good game to play every now and again.
Lyons , IL
Great action game. It is very easy to get a hang of the controls and set up of game. Kept me at the edge of my seat and wanting to keep playing. It is affordable.
Jersey City, NJ
An ex let me borrow and it sucked! I gave it back immediately. I'm pretty sure that i grew up on call of duty type of shooters and this really wasn't what it was like for me.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...