BY GARY FLEDER

Jason Statham, James Franco, Winona Ryder and Kate Bosworth star in this action-packed thriller about how far one man will go to protect his family. Widowed ex-DEA agent Phil Broker (Statham) retires to a quiet Southern town with his 10-year-old daughter and discovers that the idyllic setting is riddled with drugs and violence. When a riveting chain of events forces him to face off with psychotic local drug lord Gator Bodine (Franco), Broker must retaliate using the fearsome skills he hoped to keep in his past. From screenwriter Sylvester Stallone, Homefront is “an absolute blast! A thrill ride from start to finish!” (Chris Parente, FOX-TV)

• "Love Jason's movie, his a really good actor." in 1 review
  • "very good movie overall!!" in 1 review
  • "James did a great job being the bad guy but the action was just ok. Worth watching but I probably wont watch it again." in 1 review
  • "Not really something I'd remember as a good movie." in 1 review
  • "I actually really liked this movie!" in 1 review
Lynn B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love watching Jason as I’m guaranteed action. It was interesting watching him in a role with a child. He didn’t disappoint viewers. Building up to the end was all action. I’ve seen it several times.
Angela M.
I would say 3.5 stars on this one.. I enjoy Jason Statham and James Franco. Jason always plays kind of the same role and this time wasn't any different. James did a great job being the bad guy but the action was just ok. Worth watching but I probably wont watch it again.
Chelsey C.
I really liked this movie and would watch it again. I love kate bosworth in this movie, she does such a great job acting. Also, the little girl does a good job acting. I would recommend this movie and plan on watching it again. It's currently at Target!!
Karley M.
Boiling Springs, SC
I turned this movie on with Netflix just to watch while I went to sleep. But I definitely did not fall asleep during this movie, not for one second! Jason Statham and James Franco play great across from each other and are HOT! But there's plenty of action for the boys too.
Collette B.
Carrollton, TX
Very good! I was pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be a mediocre action movie, but it had depth and pretty decent writing. I would recommend this and even watch it again.
Courtney A.
Bluff City, TN
I would like to give it up for James Franco in this movie! He played that character very well and never once did I flashback to his acting in the Pineapple Express or other like movies. Loved it!
brynna d.
Brighton, CO
Its a good movie! It surprised me most of the inter movie. It has action, comedy and violence. but it tells about a dad who protects his daughter at all cost.
Ashley M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is a great movie! Love action movies and Jason Statham! Over all is send a great message that parents will stop at nothing to protect their kids
Marta A.
Dudley, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was an alright movie. Has good action and suspense but just not too interesting to me. Not really something I'd remember as a good movie.
OlaMae B.
EXCELLENT movie! I usually get bored while watching Netflix movies, but this one was riveting from beginning to end. Totally worth the watch!