BY HOME AWAY #6 in Travel Sites

Find & book vacation rentals with HomeAway. Rent everything from cabins & condos to castles or villas. The whole house. The whole family. A whole vacation.

Kayla S.
Cincinnati, OH
I booked my reservation at the Fontainebleau (FB) in Miami via HomeAway.  As required my four-night stay was prepaid at the time of booking.   My party of five and I arrived at the FB on Thursday, 8/31.  We checked in and were assigned to room 1903.  The room was very nice with a wonderful view.  On Friday, 9/1 I received a text from the HomeAway manager asking why I had not checked in, I responded that I had checked in.  On Saturday, 9/2 I received another text asking what room I was in, I responded that I was in 1903, she responded your supposed to be in 1815.  I quickly went to the front desk to inquiry about the mix-up and was told I had two bookings and they blamed it on HomeAway.  I asked what could be done as my RSVP with HomeAway was only $450 per night, while FB direct was much more expensive per night because of the holiday weekend.   I was told by FB that I would be charged for Thursday and Friday and I should move to the room I was supposed to be in for the remaining two days.  They charged me $1598 for two nights, almost the total for my four night stay with HomeAway.   FB recommended I get reimbursed from HomeAway as it was their error.   I asked FB if they would discount my room to $450 since it was also their error as I should have been told when I checked in that I had two reservations and I was not.   After serval attempts to speak with a manager I was told on the following day (now Sunday) that FB could not discount my room and that I should take the issue up with HomeAway.   HomeAway insists they could not double book me as unit 1903 is it not one of theirs.   Long story short I am out $1600 and neither the Fontainebleau nor HomeAway could care less!
Ellen A.
Louisville, KY
While there is great opportunity for exposure as a host, the endless calls from overseas call centers pleading for the marketing of my property as well as the frequent emails from fraudulent guests takes away from what this service is capable of doing. Unlike their competition, the listing fees are higher and the constant unwanted calls are a bit of a problem for me.
Kate J.
Springdale , AR
Homeaway is great!  It's extremely similar to Airbnb.  I've used it both domestically and internationally, both successfully.  The properties listed have a vast range of pricing, location and amenities.  I also like how pricing is clearly laid out, as are minimum night stays, etc.
Mikayla H.
Amazingly helpful when it comes to finding all needed information about rentals whether it be a car or any transportation as well as places to sleep and all the great things needed to know when traveling.
heather c.
Lockport, NY
Home away is just like some of the other sites to help make reservations. I love that it also worked with ebates and helped offer incentive back when making a reservation. It so easy to work the sites when you want to make reservations to a destination.
I love that you can change things and add additional things. The layout is easy to use. I love the different tabs so that you can list lowest to higest.Love the distance away and guest rating.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
What is this website all about?
Brinia E.
What are your experiences with this site?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this a legit site?
Sally D.
How is the inventory on this site? Is it comparable to airbnb??