BY HOLLYWOOD

The 2004 film A CINDERELLA STORY is a modern-day retelling of the classic fairy tale, featuring rising superstar Hilary Duff in the role of the maltreated waif. The movie is a simple, sweet tale, and the accompanying soundtrack is chock full of confectionery pop befitting the joyful yarn. Since Duff is both a popular actress and a platinum-selling recording artist, a good portion of the record presents the appealing performer both rocking hard and crooning fetchingly. Duff's best moment comes when she teams up with her sister Haylie on an engaging re-working of the Go-Gos' classic "Our Lips Are Sealed." Young popster Jesse McCartney gets a chance to shine on two tracks, while much of the remaining album consists of well-chosen pop, including Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" and Mya's "Fallen." Cinderella's travails are timeless, hence A CINDERELLA STORY should expand that appeal to a new generation of wishing, hopeful kids (as well as nostalgic adults), and the music within furthers the honeyed allure. see more...

Hollywood A Cinderella Story [ECD] - Original Soundtrack - CD
  • "I am a huge Hillary Duff fan always have been since i was little i love this movie i watch it every time i catch it on t.v she is a really great actress and this movie shows how great she can be .. will always be the best movie or hers to me" in 1 review
  • "Was a really cute family movie, my girls really liked it!" in 1 review
  • "This movie was funny while at the same time I felt it taught teens a valuable lesson on life." in 1 review
Christina C.
Pop Culture Expert
Was a really cute family movie, my girls really liked it! Hillary duff makes a cute Cinderella
Pearl M.
New Bedford, MA
This movie was funny while at the same time I felt it taught teens a valuable lesson on life. Stars Hillary Duff and Channing Tatum... Perfect Cinderella and Prince combination.
Heather M.
Fort Collins, CO
I really like this movie. Hilary duff is great and I've been a fan of hers since I was young. I would say I watch it at least twice a year
Shelby D.
Pop Culture Expert
I don't know why but this is my favorite movie. It's clean no bad language.
JC H.
Danville, KY
Pop Culture Expert
This soundtrack is fabulous and classic. One of my favorite movies. Maybe that makes me biased, but I love it.
Chelsi B.
Movie was AMAZING. It was everything someone would want in a teen, high school love story with a familiar twist. The songs used were complimentary to each scene and really intensified the emotions (lol). I sang the songs for weeks after watching. I truly recommend watching the movie (the rain kiss scene is a CLASSIC) and if you love it as much as I do, purchase the soundtrack!
Courtney S.
Binghamton , NY
Pop Culture Expert
This is a very cute movie, and modern twist on the classic Cinderella story.... wasn't sure I would like this revamp at first, but I was pleasantly surprised!!
Jennifer K.
Laurel , DE
Pop Culture Expert
Cute movie... good soundtrack too. crazy to see how much stars like hillary duff and chad michael murray have changed!
Natalie R.
Shoreline, WA
Pop Culture Expert
Wonderful movie with a wonderful soundtrack. Every song on the soundtrack is amazing and brings you back to the time of 2004, its full of nostalgia. Plus there is even some HIlary Duff music on there which really brings you back to the early 2000s. The movie is a must see and contains a beautiful lesson. One of my favorite Cinderella adaptations.
Nicole L.
Beaverton, OR
Pop Culture Expert
This was an awesome family movie!
super cute story and Hilary duff is amazing!
I would recommend this movie for tweens and teens , mabey a sleepover movie?
I know me and my cousin watched it over and over for years!
I still have watched this movie a few more times in the last few years!
Alyssa B.
E Brunswick, NJ
Pop Culture Expert
Who is your favorite character?